Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You Should Get That New Syandana

Deshiel

I think it looks great and can't wait until the momentum physics and some other quirks get worked out.

on the subtopic that developed:

I'm not the original designer nor have I seen the design guide standards documentation so I'm not sure what does or doesn't "fit" Warframe's evolving concept. Each time something "different" is added, it expands the range of what is possible in the world. This game isn't near completion by any means (which is great for how awesome it is) so attempting to assign subjective aesthetic boundaries seems strange at the moment.

I'm interested in what gives some the impression that this or that doesn't "fit"  Warframe. This syandana looks better on a lot of warframes and is more practical to me than many of the others that came before.

I'd love to watch a video in which people analyze what they feel is the established range of "in-world" props or visual aesthetics and when the game starts or started to reach the limits of its continually developing design concept. If someone knows of any streams like that please post them or message me. I wish the developers would do a book like they do for Star Wars that has all the mock-ups to the finished versions with designer notes and commentary.

We have multiple frames which are influenced by "animal" aesthetics and one of the coolest/creepiest images to me is a bunny with fangs, horns and covered in blood but the bunny ears were an extreme "no,no" to some  so it does interest me when people are adamant about these things.

Limbo seems to come from a similar styling "era or cultural influence" of whoever dresses Alad V to me which seems to hint that there's some "retro, tech, future funk, big-vs-skinny element" design movement that occurred or is occurring at some time in the Origin System. The new Tyl Regor model gives me a similar impression.

On a personal level I love the range of expression people have to customize their look and make it their own whether they want to run around in clown colors and murder or dress as a darklord of death metal, it makes no difference when the bodies stop dropping. When people rob banks or perform atrocities the victim is no less scared by a guy in a clown suit, a presidents mask or a bloody bunny outfit once the blood starts flying... in fact they may think you are more crazy than other "well or normally dressed" killers if that makes anyone feel better or worst. In an "alien" future the mental deviations that encourage some to dress "outlandishly" in the opinion of others seems right in place with those who like to add a bit of dark humor or gag to their daily genocidal conquests. I'm waiting for the Grineer Head trophy necklaces we can equip in mission and "Terrify" enemies like the nekros ability lol.

Edited by OfPowerOfWant

Seems this syandana is the buggiest since the Yamako rolled out.

And to think Steve had this delayed a month for a reason...

It does more than Limbo.

I fail to see how Limbo doesnt fit in amoung a bunch of space wizards.

I fail to see how Limbo doesnt fit in amoung a bunch of space wizards.

Most other warframes at least look serious.

He has a top hat.

And a wizard hat.

And a bowler hat.

Agreed.

I think it looks great and can't wait until the momentum physics and some other quirks get worked out.

on the subtopic that developed:

-snip-

I could not agree more with you on each subject. well said!

Edited by Poeltergiest