Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defense Reward Screen Is ****ing Annoying

W4RM4CHIN3

Like 70% of time i end up losing out on tons of mods i will never find out what they were. Most of you know pugs chicken out usually at wave 10 and when the reward screen locks you, you can't move. THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING when there's a mod you had no chance to pick up and are literally foot steps away from. Plz remove the screen lock its stupid and makes no sense, it makes you lose out on loot and mods.

Edited by W4RM4CHIN3

Like 70% of time i end up losing out on tons of mods i will never find out what they were. Most of you know pugs chicken out usually at wave 10 and when the reward screen locks you, you can't move. THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING when there's a mod you had no chance to pick up and are literally foot steps away from. Plz remove the screen lock its stupid and makes no sense, it makes you lose out on loot and mods.

You know what?

That's actually a great idea.

A Page UP press for Continue  and Page Down for Exit would work.

I think the pause is to load a new wave of enemies/be able to safely switch hosts.

But, yes, maybe they could try to figure out a way to maybe reward the loot you cant get to while the screen is paused.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

Maybe you should pick up mod in between waves and swap places in the defence with others to get those.

I find several time players never going to pick up mods when I relocate after a drop just fighting the same enemies I do and ignoring the waypoint.

Agree!

I think the pause is to load a new wave of enemies/be able to safely switch hosts.

But, yes, maybe they could try to figure out a way to maybe reward the loot you cant get to while the screen is paused.

The pause wouldn't affect loading of enemies nor hosting like that, as the game is still in a completely running state. All that happens is the voting UI appears, and the game blocks movement input until the timer runs out.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

You should be able to run around for a little while afterwards, with a prompt on the screen which says "Press Enter to extract" or something. Meanwhile, you're able to run around and pick things up. Maybe there should be an extraction zone with an imposed time limit.

Maybe you should pick up mod in between waves and swap places in the defence with others to get those.

I find several time players never going to pick up mods when I relocate after a drop just fighting the same enemies I do and ignoring the waypoint.

Not that simple, sometimes theres no time or people don't mark the mods.

+1

Having that gap where you can't move, communicate or really do anything is one, really jarring in a game like this and ruins the flow, and two, makes it really difficult to decide what to do, or you just dont want to continue as the action has stopped

let the last enemy in life and so you will have plenty of time to gather the mods.

sorry but I'm using a translator.

You should be able to run around for a little while afterwards, with a prompt on the screen which says "Press Enter to extract" or something. Meanwhile, you're able to run around and pick things up. Maybe there should be an extraction zone with an imposed time limit.

This is what I've been thinking since I first started.   An extraction zone just like every other mission type would be the perfect way to sort this out.    Say one or two people vote to leave,  and the others vote to stay,   it could give maybe 60 seconds for the ones leaving to get to the extraction zone before the next wave begins.    If the zone is very close by,  like,  right where you start the mission from,  this could give time to do a very quick sweep for mods and exit before the time is up.

Edited by Deathsyt

This is a coop game, I do not understand why everyone has to loot for themselves anyway, in particular with fast expiring resources. Makes THAT GUY in defense killing enemies as far away from the pod as possible even more annoying.

Just like credits every mod and resource should be looted for the team. Then you could actually say thanks to the guy running off to loot while you hold the pod. :P

Edited by Snib

I agree with this, most times me and my friends try to leave one or two guys alive, but sometimes when we get massed by the last bunch of guys, we go all out and kill a ton of them, and then when someone likes me us an AOE ability and kills all of the guys, 3 or more mods drop, and then we get the reward screen.

Nah. I think you should just:

1. Get better/less douchy defence comrades that tag mods.

2. Run around more.

3. Camp less.

4. ???

5. PROFIT!

(Yeah. I totally went there.)

Also: playing defence with randoms is just not good. Like, at all. There's no arguing on that. It's just not good.

Edited by Captain_Seasick