Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heads Up: Bastille Lowers Tesla Damage / Vortex Only Needs Bounce

Quetzhal

For those who don't already realise this, I did some testing. It seems that having Bastille equipped will lower the amount of damage Tesla does by a varying amount, depending on Bastille's rank. In other words, it may be more efficient to go on Corpus Defense without Bastille depending on how often you use the ability. Already posted this under bugs, but this doesn't seem to be particularly well known, so I figured I'd give other Vauban users a heads up.

Screenshots and numbers:

No Bastille:
293 Damage

warframe201305201634579.png

Bastille, Rank 1:
156 Damage

warframe201305201633380.png

Bastille, Rank 3:
234 Damage

warframe201305201641168.png
stupid corpus boxheads got in the way

All of this is on Venus, Cytherean.

Apologies if this is in fact well known.

EDIT:

I've been meaning to test out a post I saw in the forums. I can't remember the original poster, sorry! But anyway, this poster said that Vortex only required Bounce to work, not all four abilities. I went ahead and tested this out:

warframe201305201717316.png

It looks like it's true, though I welcome contrary evidence. I didn't test this one out that thoroughly, haha.

Edited by Quetzhal

Are you sure it has nothign to do with armor mitigration?

Relatively. They're all on the same enemies on the same level. Plus, I had the same issue on Kiliken where Tesla could oneshot MOA if I didn't have Bastille equipped, but couldn't oneshot them if I had it equipped.

Nice finding;

But 293 damage... Volt Shock is truly obsolete now.

True, although the two shouldn't really be compared - the only similarity is that they do Electrical damage. Volt's Shock definitely needs to be buffed, though. A lot of people have been suggesting a Chain Lightning-esque ability. This topic has some discussion on how Vauban's versatility and utility should be applied to other Warframes.

Vauban may have come with a lot of strange bugs, but he's still awesome, none the less. XD

Nice find, by the way.

He's been my favourite ever since I threw Bounce at a friend. I asked that friend to run up to a Sawman to see if the Sawman would bounce off of him, but he bounced off of the Sawman, ping-ponged all over the room, then slammed into the Sawman again at which point the Sawman died.

He's been my favourite ever since I threw Bounce at a friend. I asked that friend to run up to a Sawman to see if the Sawman would bounce off of him, but he bounced off of the Sawman, ping-ponged all over the room, then slammed into the Sawman again at which point the Sawman died.

Oh man, I'd pay to see that. XD

Nice finding;

That would be about a quarter of a single shot from a modded hek, less even actually, and you can't even aim for the head. I haven't used vauban yet, do those grenades at least pulse damage or is it one shot only?

1st slot abilities are fine overall, some could use a buff, agree, but its not shock or freeze or whatever to be bad.

a blue thingy you stick on the ground/wall/whatever and forget about, and keeps dealing 293 dmg every 3 seconds, for like 40 sec, thats what is stupidly over the top

then tell me why ember's fire ring cant last that long, just to name a power with a similar usage (clear a spot without being physically on that spot)

Oh man, I'd pay to see that. XD

I really wish I had been recording at the time, haha. xD A simpler example would be when I threw it below a Grineer Napalm and it somehow got its head stuck in the ceiling. Instadeath.

That would be about a quarter of a single shot from a modded hek, less even actually, and you can't even aim for the head. I haven't used vauban yet, do those grenades at least pulse damage or is it one shot only?

They pulse damage. They're basically sentry turrets. Really good sentry turrets.

Of course, they only do about ~40-90 damage to Grineer and negligible damage against Infested.

Edited by Quetzhal

Last for 40 second, can do upto 13 shots.

True, although the two shouldn't really be compared - the only similarity is that they do Electrical damage. Volt's Shock definitely needs to be buffed, though. A lot of people have been suggesting a Chain Lightning-esque ability. This topic has some discussion on how Vauban's versatility and utility should be applied to other Warframes.

I was thinking of Chain lightning would be a good buff too.

Now this makes me wonder what would happen if you threw bounce at an Ash before the Ash used bladestorm.

Edited the OP to include some Bounce/Vortex information, since most still think all abilities need to be equipped. :)

okay tested - confirmed ... on lvl 1 grineers it does 41 dmg (lvl3) with all skills equipped without bastilel 71 dmg

Thanks for testing! Always nice to have more data. :D

Now this makes me wonder what would happen if you threw bounce at an Ash before the Ash used bladestorm.

This has hilarity potential.

1st slot abilities are fine overall, some could use a buff, agree, but its not shock or freeze or whatever to be bad.

a blue thingy you stick on the ground/wall/whatever and forget about, and keeps dealing 293 dmg every 3 seconds, for like 40 sec, thats what is stupidly over the top

then tell me why ember's fire ring cant last that long, just to name a power with a similar usage (clear a spot without being physically on that spot)

Tesla does do quite a bit of damage, but I wouldn't say that first slot abilities are fine overall. Not many people use them, aside from Decoy and Venom. Shock and Fireball aren't really used, for example.

Keep in mind that is on corpus which take i think 400% more electric damage I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that's correct.

Keep in mind that is on corpus which take i think 400% more electric damage I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that's correct.

That should be about right, yeah. Grineer take about four times less damage and Infested Ancients are completely immune, as I found out the hard way after getting chased down by an Ancient with 10 Teslas stuck to his face.

You'd think I'd know they were immune after 100 hours of gameplay. xD

Nice finding;

All Shock needs, I think, is a somewhat lower casting cost.

Drop that bad boy to around 10-15 base cost and there is not a person around who will not give it a thumbs up, I suspect.

Having said that, Tesla is certainly a more compelling class 1 ability for raw utility.

All Shock needs, I think, is a somewhat lower casting cost.

Drop that bad boy to around 10-15 base cost and there is not a person around who will not give it a thumbs up, I suspect.

Having said that, Tesla is certainly a more compelling class 1 ability for raw utility.

It could probably do with a slightly higher chance for an AoE too, I think. Tesla is great for its utility though.

Although I do wish we could stick it onto the Glaive. :D

Edited by Quetzhal

It could probably do with a slightly higher chance for an AoE too, I think. Tesla is great for its utility though.

Although I do wish we could stick it onto the Glaive. :D

O.O

>.<

O.o

No man... just no. :)

O.O

>.<

O.o

No man... just no. :)

Oh, come on, picture it! A spinning ball of light, ricocheting around the room and zapping anything that came near it... :D

Actually that would probably make for a cool ability for a different frame, haha.