The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Ui Drags Down Fps

blazingcobalt

Hi!

So I've been having a bit of a problem basically ever since the new UI came into play. (I'm sure that I can't be the only one. I've seen other threads about it yet they didn't seem to get anywhere or give a fix.)

Whenever I go to open something up, like modding, pause, navigation, foundry, etc. My framerate just instantly drops 20-30 frames for whatever reason. Then when I close it it takes the game a few minutes to catch back up to normal FPS and become tolerable again.

I've done a few things to try and fix it myself, you know the whole reinstall the game, verify/optimize in the launcher, 32/64 bit modes, turn off the different DX versions, messed with the MTR as well, and turned Vsync on/off. Yet nothing seems to be able to help me out here. I feel like I've tried more combinations than Goldilocks with a parallel universe problem.  

I like the new fancy looking UI that came with U14 but, it just feels like it's causing more trouble than it's worth sometimes. Although I have a sneaking suspicion that it's not the UI and something else since my performance has also gone down as the updates roll out.

Computer Stuffs!

(No idea how to list this stuff off, so I just took a screenie of GFE, if I missed something just lemme know!)

icheatatlistingspecs.PNG

Have you tried playing with the settings in-game?

They're all at the lowest possible. (No super shiny, eye blinding explosions for me.)

And my FPS is around 120 in the ~Liset and around ~60-80 in a mission normally, although it can dip a bit lower in huge areas and battles.

They're all at the lowest possible. (No super shiny, eye blinding explosions for me.)

And my FPS is around 120 in the ~Liset and around ~60-80 in a mission normally, although it can dip a bit lower in huge areas and battles.

And I assume all your respective Direct X and Nvidia drivers are up to date? Edited by Arcadiace

Okay, I've seen some people use this for fixing settings bugs; however a few have reported it fixing "stuttering" or "lag spikes" after Arsenal/Navigation closure:

Delete your Warframe folder located in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local

This will also reset all in-game preferences. This will not delete any client data.