The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Rework [Megathread]

Djangofett

If it's anything like Valkyr's caws it's likely going to be very strong

The damage output should be high imo but unlike Valkyr, I don't think Excalibur will be immune to damage, maybe damage resistance by 50% or something would be fine I guess

And he will used 'energy sword' instead if equipped melee weapon meaning it will be crappy damage useless above lvl~30

Unless it gets some kind of insane damage multiplier or added utility, this new Power Wave/DMC sword wave move is going to suffer in higher levels :/ It's a bit disappointing when players can already predict that before they even see the move purely because of how scaling in this game works.

Did they actually say it or it's a guess ?

Im just wondering because it's a separate frame and not a skin. It wouldn't be too surprising if what happened to snipetron/lanka conversion happened to prime ;p

Excalibur and Excalibur Prime are same warframes. So its obvious..

I was actually wondering what RB would have changed. I sorta hoped it would be an orb of light excal would toss in the air for a higher vantage point to blind more enemies. A bit sad that radial javelin is staying though. Maybe if it got supplementary effects like oberon's reckoning. Maybe a viral proc? :D really excited about the new ultimate. I felt excal should have a channeling ability

But then that would be half equal to being invincible

Im thinking it'll be like Ash's 4, but it will be directed in a rectangle area in front of excal with range or duration increasing the number of targets/distance of the "zone". Or even like Mesa's,in warrior stance you hold left click and go from target to target for as long as your energy allows :D

5DI2Dn3.gif

+

kY81oMs.gif

Edited by kiteohatto

They're getting rid of Super Jump :( I've actually used it. I like it. I like that great vertical movement. It's not a hassle like Parkour is.

Super Jump was too conditional to be used effectively for anything but escaping though, especially since the cloaking aura disappeared as soon as you hit any enemy or terrain.

Edited by TenguBlade

Did they actually say it or it's a guess ?

Im just wondering because it's a separate frame and not a skin. It wouldn't be too surprising if what happened to snipetron/lanka conversion happened to prime ;p

The Primes and their non-Prime versions have the same abilities. Buffs, nerfs, and reworks go to both. This is what DE does.

Super Jump was too conditional to be used effectively for anything but escaping though, especially since the cloaking aura disappeared as soon as you hit any enemy or terrain.

I use it all the time for vertical movement (like bypassing stairs to jump onto a higher level).

As for Radial Blind, they better not get rid of it. It's a better ability than Radial Javelin. They just need to return Radial Blind to what it used to be, giving it back its long stun utility and making sure it doesn't go through walls. That's it. Then Radial Blind will be the end-game ability that it used to be.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

The Primes and their non-Prime versions have the same abilities. Buffs, nerfs, and reworks go to both. This is what DE does.

I use it all the time for vertical movement (like bypassing stairs to jump onto a higher level).

As for Radial Blind, they better not get rid of it. It's a better ability than Radial Javelin. They just need to return Radial Blind to what it used to be, giving it back its long stun utility and making sure it doesn't go through walls. That's it. Then Radial Blind will be the end-game ability that it used to be.

They're making RB castable while moving. Scott didn't mention any other changes to it as of right now. 

Infinite stamina is something I'd like to see. Ability to block bullets without being totally invincible. Worthy of a swordsman.

^ This EXACTLY. 50% damage reduction would be glorious as well. Excal's Energy Skana damage should be based on equipped melee weapon with a 25% damage increase for having a Single hand Sword (Dakra, Skana, Heat Sword) or Nikana equipped. 

WHO ELSE IS HOPING DE ADDS INVISIBLE TO RADIAL BLIND?!

They're making RB castable while moving. Scott didn't mention any other changes to it as of right now. 

Well, I hope they add the stun back.

Excalibur having the highest stamina in the game (only when using melee weapons) would be nice, given how it's useful for melee.

Edited by AntoineFlemming