Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dce/ea Star Wars Battlefront E3 2015

JohnMarkLee

Surprised this wasn't posted yet but I guess I'll do it. 

EA/DICE Battlefront Hoth Multiplayer Gameplay

EA/DICE Battlefront Tatooine Coop Survival Mode Gameplay

Too be honest as a Battlefornt veteran who has played the hell out of the originals I am not too impressed, except for the actual splitscreen coop and what seems to be a better melee system for the lightsabers. Splitscreen coop is the only reason I am considering buying this game. Also heres a cool new cinematic for Bioware's expansion for their MMORPG:

Star Wars The Old Republic: Knights of a Fallen Empire

Edited by JohnMarkLee

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

The first REAL video games that I ever played were Star Wars Batlefront II and Halo 3. I LOVE STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II.

That looks awesome! I love this!

Thank you.

Did you play it with mods? I played it with mods, but even then, they never added the prone feature that the Battlefront 1 had. I remember entire nights playing Battlefront II with a friend, wrapped in our beds, just epic tales. I hope this brings me that kind of joy again.

Did you play it with mods? I played it with mods, but even then, they never added the prone feature that the Battlefront 1 had. I remember entire nights playing Battlefront II with a friend, wrapped in our beds, just epic tales. I hope this brings me that kind of joy again.

Yeah. The memories...

College was FAR more fun with Battlefront II to let you run around and blow off stress while blowing away Separatists and Rebel scum. Take THAT, Skywalker! 501st Legion! Reporting for duty, sir!

The Walker Assault multiplayer demo looked interesting. But as a born and bred Star Wars fan, I SERIOUSLY winced at Luke in black facing off against Vader on Hoth. It just... Ewww.

We shall see. It is Star Wars so I will buy it. I own every Star Wars computer game since Empire Strikes Back for SNES. (Not that most of them will work now.) Whether I play it or not will depend on what EA does. If they have sense, they will stay hands off.

But driving the walker... nerdgasm!

Edited by Kalenath

Yeah. The memories...

College was FAR more fun with Battlefront II to let you run around and blow off stress while blowing away Separatists and Rebel scum. Take THAT, Skywalker! 501st Legion! Reporting for duty, sir!

The Walker Assault multiplayer demo looked interesting. But as a born and bred Star Wars fan, I SERIOUSLY winced at Luke in black facing off against Vader on Hoth. It just... Ewww.

We shall see. It is Star Wars so I will buy it. I own every Star Wars computer game since Empire Strikes Back for SNES. (Not that most of them will work now.) Whether I play it or not will depend on what EA does. If they have sense, they will stay hands off.

But driving the walker... nerdgasm!

You can't drive the AT-AT Walker, it walks on its own on a pre-scripting path. You only can shoot it from the head. Its a moving turret. I also thought Luke wearing ROTJ suit was weird... 

You can't drive the AT-AT Walker, it walks on its own on a pre-scripting path. You only can shoot it from the head. Its a moving turret. I also thought Luke wearing ROTJ suit was weird...

Is that confirmed? Tell me it isn't.

Apart from it, I cant wait for BF. I've been playing Battlefront II since 2011 I guess, and that game is legendary epic. I only hope to have a better melee system..and MOOOODS

Is that confirmed? Tell me it isn't.

Apart from it, I cant wait for BF. I've been playing Battlefront II since 2011 I guess, and that game is legendary epic. I only hope to have a better melee system..and MOOOODS

You seem uninformed (no offense) so I am going to list of you all the confirmed details about DICE's Battlefront

- It has no campaign

- It has no clone wars era

- It has no space battles

- It has no instant action

- It has no galactic conquest

- It has no classes, just custom loadouts

- Its not moddable

- AT-AT are not pilotable, instead on rails (by rails I meant what I explained earlier)

- Only 4 planets and 4 maps each on those planets: Endor, Hoth, Tatooine, Sullust + Jakku DLC

- Vehicles and Heroes are "powerups" (Which from the looks of it is kind of like killstreaks)

- Only 20v20 multiplayer matches

- There won't be any bots in battles except for these offline and coop missions they are making (Which are like Modern Warfare spec ops)

Now for what it does have:

- Updated graphics

- 2 Player Splitscreen Coop

- Enhanced melee combat 

- Ariel Combat

- First Person and Third Person

- New modes to replace the old ones

^ Disappointed since it lacks a lot of content compared to the originals. 

Edited by JohnMarkLee

You seem uninformed (no offense) so I am going to list of you all the confirmed details about DICE's Battlefront

- It has no campaign

- It has no instant action

- It has no galactic conquest

- It has no classes, just custom loadouts

- Its not moddable

- AT-AT are not pilotable, instead on rails (by rails I meant what I explained earlier)

- Only 4 planets and 4 maps each on those planets: Endor, Hoth, Tatooine, Sullust + Jakku DLC

- Vehicles and Heroes are "powerups" (Which from the looks of it is kind of like killstreaks)

- Only 20v20 multiplayer matches

- There won't be any bots in battles except for these offline and coop missions they are making (Which are like Modern Warfare spec ops)

Now for what it does have:

- Updated graphics

- 2 Player Splitscreen Coop

- Enhanced melee combat 

- Ariel Combat

- First Person and Third Person

- New modes to replace the old ones

^ Disappointed since it lacks a lot of content compared to the originals. 

And I give up on this game. 

Ty for the information.

Ty for the information.

Np Im just as disappointed at this game than everybody else. Still a bunch of possibly DICE fanboys who know nothing about the original Battlefronts or people who are still uninformed about the game still are hyping this stuff up. For me the hype ended after they announced all this missing content back in April. 

Ty for the information.

Oh I also forgot to mention Han Solo's blaster and Ion weapons and gear are only available in the Special Edition which is a extra $10. Also not really confirmed but a LevelCap interview suggest that snowspeeders harpooning the AT-AT will be a quick-time event. 

Edited by JohnMarkLee

Shame, harpooning required skills. It was stupid annoying to figure out how to do it succesfully. Took me about 3 weeks to succesfully do it once. Even then it wasn't a 100% guarantee.

Harpooning was more easy but still required some skill level to do in the game Star wars Rogue Squadron. Should of made it more like that. 

- It has no campaign

All I needed to hear to say "This game isn't worth it"

You do realize that equals 16, right? BF4 only launched with 12 maps, BF3 9 or 10.

But these are 1 biome-planets we are talking about. How much of variety snow and forest can you make? Tatooine is the only planet that makes sense to have multiple maps because there are more locations on it: Jabba's Palace, Mos Eisley, Sand Dunes. Hoth parts shouldnt even be seperate, Ice Caves, Echo Base and outside trenches should all be in one map. 

All because the prequels weren't good, you can't diss the Era. I rather play the Battle of Geonosis than Jakku any day. 

I could believe that. Because all anybody has seen of Jakku is a minute longer trailer for episode 7. I'd take a battle on Tattooine, Hoth, or Endor over Geonosis.