Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New "metroid"...

NyxOOX

I would argue it was better than 3 and 4, 2 and reach however were pretty hard to beat.

How in the world could it be better than 3??????

It basicly was 3 without flood, dual wielding and deployabels.

How could removing all thoose feature make it better?

Also the stary wasnt half as epic...

Really wondering what happens to Samus after all the S#&$ that happened in that game. I like to think she gained the Vampiric abilities the Metroid's have so she could quickly take off her glove in combat, grab an enemy and recharge her shield with it's life force.

and as a side-effect it basically made her immortal like a Metroid so she hasn't aged since being injected...

-attractive female

-doesn't age

-drains life force

-superhuman strength and agility

-spends most of her time in sealed container

Samus confirmed as space vampire

Halo is sort of famous for ridiculously over-the-top space-opera adventures that generally don't have that much deeper meaning behind them - 1,2, and 3 were all "Master Chief goes to a Halo and screws over the Covenant/Flood through sheer badassery while Marty O' Donnell goes nuts on the orchestra". Reach might not have been epic, but it at least gave you the feels.

Halo is sort of famous for ridiculously over-the-top space-opera adventures that generally don't have that much deeper meaning behind them - 1,2, and 3 were all "Master Chief goes to a Halo and screws over the Covenant/Flood through sheer badassery while Marty O' Donnell goes nuts on the orchestra". Reach might not have been epic, but it at least gave you the feels.

Sorry for nor clarifying, I was reffering to ODST not to reach (which was awesome). 

I feel it was the atmosphere, you weren't some chosen hero, you are a Human soldier, fighting to survive the streets of New Mombasa, choosing between sneaking past a squad, or go in guns blazing, that feeling of helplessness as your are left to roam a city infested with your enemy in the dead of night, while trying to find your squad and honestly, I and seemingly many others, prefer that unease.

Halo Reach was similar, you start the game knowing you are going to die but that does not deter you because you want to know how you died, whether you went out fighting, or died pathetically [Ala Anthony carmine] and how the covenant were able to glass Reach. The experience starts with your squad members slowly reducing in number and most fel justified they died to ensure you could finish the mission and save humanity [Except Kat, She just kinda... Died] and in the End, Only Jun survives however you're not too bothered as a player because you're focused on How YOU die and you don't just see how you died, you experience it from every hit hindering you in someway by breaking the visor to slowly running out of your powerful weapons and having to scavenge off of fallen enemies just to keep ammo but it's all fruitless as the enemies come in seemingly infinite numbers until ultimately where your spartan is seen desperately trying to hold his ground but is overwhelmed by numbers.

Edited by Eredoc

Better designs of characters, you felt like a soldier as opposed to URGH IM MASTUR CHEEF IM A BIG BUFF BURLY SPARTAHN AND IM GUNNA KIL DA COVENENANT, which made things feel more uneasy and new. Like I enjoyed not being to rip off turrets and carry them around, it made me feel weaker and more vulnerable. To play as someone who can pretty much take on a whole species of parasitic monsters by himself without much to worry about gets boring after a while. The story was pretty cool, although frankly I never found the narratives in Halo to be all that good.  

To me, ODST was the best. Halo 3 was good, but I had tons more enjoyment playing ODST.

AND THEN HALO 4 CAME ALONG

Also please to learn to spell. Seeing Stary as opposed to Story is just...ugh.

Edited by TheErebus.

Better designs of characters, you felt like a soldier as opposed to URGH IM MASTUR CHEEF IM A BIG BUFF BURLY SPARTAHN AND IM GUNNA KIL DA COVENENANT, which made things feel more uneasy and new. Like I enjoyed not being to rip off turrets and carry them around, it made me feel weaker and more vulnerable. To play as someone who can pretty much take on a whole species of parasitic monsters by himself without much to worry about gets boring after a while. The story was pretty cool, although frankly I never found the narratives in Halo to be all that good.  

To me, ODST was the best. Halo 3 was good, but I had tons more enjoyment playing ODST.

AND THEN HALO 4 CAME ALONG

Also please to learn to spell. Seeing Stary as opposed to Story is just...ugh.

play COD if you want to be a mere Soldier...

When I play Halo I expect to see a planet-sized installation and blow it to pieces....

Edit: And sorry for my orthography, I was just typing fast with low battery on a dark laptop screen. 

Edited by Dawn11715

play COD if you want to be a mere Soldier...

When I play Halo i expect to see a planet-sized installation and blow it to pieces....

"I DONT WANT DIFFERENCES, IT SHOULD BE THIS AND ONLY THIS."

That's what you sound like right now, don't change anything.

Just be the same guy, with the same goals and the same thing happening over and over again.

Don't expand the Halo universe with new perspectives from characters we'd never thought we'd see.

Repetition = boring games

Firefight was awesome. 

The designs were awesome.

The music, the visuals and the gameplay was awesome.

Hell, the gameplay was barely even changed. It still felt like a Halo game through and through.

Edited by TheErebus.

"I DONT WANT DIFFERENCES, IT SHOULD BE THIS AND ONLY THIS."

That's what you sound like right now, don't change anything.

Just be the same guy, with the same goals and the same thing happening over and over again.

Don't expand the Halo universe with new perspectives from characters we'd never thought we'd see.

Repetition = boring games

Firefight was awesome. 

The designs were awesome.

The music, the visuals and the gameplay was awesome.

Hell, the gameplay was barely even changed. It still felt like a Halo game through and through.

Yes, I believe that there ARE some core-aspects that define Halo and for me being a Spartan- no: being strong is one of them.

Not having shields, and punching the chest of a brute with close to zero effect just isnt what makes a good halo game for me, and it isn't what defines the series.

Granted, ODST wasn't a bad game and It was quiet enjoyable to see the war from another perspective, but saying that you liked this spin-off more than the main story line just shows that you don't really like the main fokus of the Halo Games.

At least that's how it seams to me, and of cause its just your personal taste, but calling me stubborn (that's what you did by saying I don't want changes) just because I prefer the main-titles over the spin-off feels a bit unfair to me :/

Edited by Dawn11715

I just wanna say, thanks for pointing this out to me OP so I could dislike it. I have been a fan of Metroid since the original on the NES. We've been waiting since Prime 3 or Fusion (I can't remember exactly which came last) and this is what they give us?

Halo Reach was similar, you start the game knowing you are going to die but  . . . [snip]

Interestingly enough, I didn't know that when I played it (don't know much about Halo's lore). Suffice to say that last scene weighed on me since I held onto the naive hope that he'd somehow pull through. So well done.

---

Anyway ontopic, that video was hard to watch. It may have some similarities with Metroid, but the soul isn't there. The Prime entries were wonderful and well-received... no idea why they aren't tapping into that still. A current-gen Prime 4 would be amazing and do well damn near guaranteed.

Interestingly enough, I didn't know that when I played it (don't know much about Halo's lore). Suffice to say that last scene weighed on me since I held onto the naive hope that he'd somehow pull through. So well done.

---

Anyway ontopic, that video was hard to watch. It may have some similarities with Metroid, but the soul isn't there. The Prime entries were wonderful and well-received... no idea why they aren't tapping into that still. A current-gen Prime 4 would be amazing and do well damn near guaranteed.

They said if they made a proper Metroid Prime, it would be on NX

Someone whos name escapes me right now over at Nintendo went on record saying they REALLY wanted to do a Wii-U metroid game. Nintendo just has its head up its butt too much of the time and doesnt even consider fan feedback and just thinks everything its doing is the right decision even when it blows up in their face.

I played (And still have) Metroid Prime on my Gamecube. But I really didn't get into the lore of the game that much. (Don't get me wrong i liked the game alot)

But goodness, I feel so bad for all the Metroid fans right now. Especially because most people from other fan bases got what they want, (Fallout, Doom, etc)

For starters H3 flood was crap to say the least. H2 flood was far better.

Dual wielding was a gimmick, and H3 was the last halo to have it.

Never cared for deployables.

ODST added Visor mode.

ODST had a better story to it, instead of generic go here kill this, generic escape sequence at the end.

Halo 2 was the only good MC halo for story.

Wow. I'm not as upset with anyone else. But its like the plague, Mario doesn't even get dislikes, due to being the same game. But on Metroid. It defaces everything about the name and purpose. 

Now I won't buy a single Nintendo console, an XB1 is better instead of a 3DS or a Wii-U (Except for SSB4 and Starfox Zero). I'm awaiting for Metroid on Nintendo NX (That's where the next proper game will take place.)