Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Change Is Needed For The Market Very Quickly...

Afroman12

I brought Ratkin to Warframe hoping to get another to play with me since my group is rather casual. I was the only one in our group to actually grind. I built a few things. I saved, SAVED, up a 100k credits to buy the BP for an Akbolto, and 2 bolto. 1 day to build one, 2 to grind more alloy plates, 1 more day to build the other, and a day to build the akbolto. I had enough time to save up more credits and build a Paris. Now...? Ratkin won't touch the game, my group quit, and I really enjoyed Warframe. The market change killed it for us. Lack of trading between players also means that... there's no reason to play anymore. If they hoped to keep the game going, they just stabbed it in the back. Who was the moron that brought up this idea to change the marketplace? Should be fired for losing a good 10 players from my group alone!

I didn't realize it was supposed to be easy to get new weapons.

I'm almost done with Venus and I'm little over 26K. It may be easier for some but for others no. I understand Later Game Credits come easier than air but Early and Mid on you're struggling to get that amount until you unlock enough planets to get Alerts going to get extra income.

Hello Community :D

First and last post in these forums.

I´m playing warframe for a while now and have easy access to everything i want to build. (rank 6 )

On the other side....my mates who started recently are unable to get anything besides the starting Mk-1/Lato/Skana.

There is no way anyone right in his mind will be grinding ages to get the resources (hello there, alloy plate!) required to craft anything good now, especially not if they´re new to this game.

My friends will most likely quit the game soon, since the starting gear(especially the Mk-1) Is basically useless.

This means it needs to be replaced but thats not gonna happen due to the market change....

Well done, devs.

So thats my opinion on that, and goodbye.

-Feuerzeug

P.S. : F*** the devs greed for money, since that´s now the only way to get early access to anything except starters gear.

You know, I'm gonna tell you a li'l story. There once was an ancient game called World of Warcraft, which when newly released was pretty freakin' awesome. I was a total noob in that game, toting the same club made out of beaver-crap and clothes made outta plastic donuts that all the other total noobs used. Not until I actually got about halfway into the game did I have any chance at getting actually awesome stuff.

Moral of the story? You're kinda SUPPOSED to use crappy gear when you start out. Why? 'Cause it'll give you something to WORK FOR. A reason to put your whole freakin' back into the game. But I guess I'm super-old-school for still valuing the whole "effort gives rewards" idea, vs the new-fangled "everything served on a silver platter" style that games go with these days.

Except the weapons in this game are supposed to be 'sidegrades'. Not upgrades.

Side. Grades.

They're not 'awesome stuff'. They're 'equally crappy stuff to the stuff you start out with, just crappy in different ways'. And I mean this literally, there is not one weapon which is actually good without core mods which take a ton of time to grind.

You're forgetting an (apparently) old-fashioned notion in gaming though, dude: earning your keep. Newbies aren't supposed to get the good stuff without working for it. If they do, well... That way, they won't have to do JACK to get the really cool crap like Glaive or Jaw Sword, or... whatever.

The cool weapons already need alert blueprints. That alone limits them for people that put a certain degree of dedication.

We're talking about the lame credit-buy weapons that now need ridiculous amounts of highly-demanded Alloy Plate.

You know, I'm gonna tell you a li'l story. There once was an ancient game called World of Warcraft, which when newly released was pretty freakin' awesome. I was a total noob in that game, toting the same club made out of beaver-crap and clothes made outta plastic donuts that all the other total noobs used. Not until I actually got about halfway into the game did I have any chance at getting actually awesome stuff.

Moral of the story? You're kinda SUPPOSED to use crappy gear when you start out. Why? 'Cause it'll give you something to WORK FOR. A reason to put your whole freakin' back into the game. But I guess I'm super-old-school for still valuing the whole "effort gives rewards" idea, vs the new-fangled "everything served on a silver platter" style that games go with these days.

WoW is not the paragon of game design. Effort vs reward should be a smooth curve, not a sharp incline. Start with crap, buy mid-tier, craft high-tier. Simple and works for practically any game.

Not that the weapons here are clear-cut low/mid/high-tier. Like MJ said, they're mostly sidegrades. (Although they could use some more variety)

Edited by Kyte

Aww too bad. When I started the game, coincidently I found someone who was actually an alt of a player who was max level and in some moderate sized guild. I got into that guild pretty early and was being showered with blues (and later purples) since like level 8 or 9. A significant part of my time after that was spent looking at shiny new items in my bag thinking about how long will it take to meet their level requirements !! :D

Moral of the story ? Not everyone wants something to "WORK FOR" so intensely. There is a middle ground between "old-school" and "silver-platter". You go extreme in any one direction and things can (and will) go bad.

I can see how the prices are a little out of hand. Your idea for what items should be purchasable and the prices of those items seem pretty reasonable. Maybe if some of the weapons were a little more expensive would make it feel more rewarding. The only weapons I would have a problem with are the latron and the mire. These two weapons are actually quite good and a latron with good mods will out damage a lot of other rifles. I understand that it is a single shot rifle and it would be one that new player can try out, but it's too good to not be a BP. I do however agree that alloy plates are used way too often in crafting and if anything they should have some sort of material exchange for other materials(i.e. nano spores for alloy plates :P) or change a lot of the bps so they arent all using high quantities of alloy plates. I don't mind farming up mats and bp's the problem is this is the only thing I'm ever farming because I can't craft anything with out having tens of thousands of alloy plates.

From a newbie's standpoint, I'm not sure if people realize that there's just no early game variety. It's not about having early access to new super awesome items! It's about not having anything "stock" to use. You get a pistol, assault rifle, and a sword. No shotgun, no sniper rifle, no dagger, bow, axe, shield, bazooka, spear, staff, crossbow, or player-guided-ninja-bomb. It wouldn't be that bad if your first couple hours of play were like that, but it remains that way for a significant portion of the "early" game, where you're sitting on 1-2 frames and still only have a pistol, AR, and single sword.

Since the change I haven't really been logging in for anything but alert missions. The grind for new weapons and warframes was pretty bad before, but I'm WOEFULLY tired of farming alloy plate. I'm sick to death of Kiste. I want to get 2 new two things at once when I've got 100k+ credits in the bank and mountains of materials, but I can't because everything needs alloy plate, usually around 200-300. When every mission can take 20+ minutes of breaking and killing everything and I'm not even guarenteed for any Alloy Plate to drop at all, it gets old.

I don't know how a developer comes to the conclusion of "Man, our game is way too grindy, we need to do something about this" and then releases this patch...It makes no sense. It's a shame but I don't see this game's playerbase lasting to the end of the year, unless something drastic occurs that remains unseen. I like the game, the grind is a little offputting but it's fun enough to be almost worth it... But this new level of grind has completely killed my desire to play. I'm sure DE is well aware of my sincerity considering I've only logged on a handful of times in the last few days(Once for Vauban systems+login reward, twice for the other login rewards).

Meh, incoming "lol whine post" "lol go play another game" "lol lol lol"...Not sure if those people realize the community can drive players off even easier than the developers can. Been seeing a lot of that, too.

You're forgetting an (apparently) old-fashioned notion in gaming though, dude: earning your keep. Newbies aren't supposed to get the good stuff without working for it. If they do, well... That way, they won't have to do JACK to get the really cool crap like Glaive or Jaw Sword, or... whatever.

Ok, seriously.  If I wanted to come home after working all day, sit down, and go back to work... I'd get a second job.  At least then I'd have more money when I was done.

This is a game.  If it feels like work, then something is seriously wrong, and it's going to lose its luster very quickly.

No, things shouldn't be free; but ideally, advances in character strength would come through normal game play, not from replaying the same thing you've done before for hours on end.  More play time means a stronger character, but that time needs to be more varied than "I'm going to run this same mission until I'm lucky enough to have the materials I need to make a weapon that may, or may not (since I can't know ahead of time) be better than what I'm currently hating using."

Seriously, you need to toss new players a bone early on if you want to keep them hungry for more later.  Starve them right out of the gate, and they're gonna take their time and money somewhere else.

I'm new and if i have to grind to get sh**, i'm gone faster than Devs can say 'Level 2'. There's plenty of f2p Games out there, where everyone is equal right from the start.

From the viewpoint of newplayer.

I played warframe a couple week before the market change.

I prefer this game to some of my friends, they liked it.

I can buy credits stuff from the beginning with abundant of very good priced guns and stuffs.

But now, well, is it from the devs or the management, you're killing the new player with unbalanced starts.

As stated above, not all players are either hardworkers, or platinum-eaters.

Me as myself is okay with this change, looking forward for buying plats. i've played this for 28 hrs, haven't bought a single plat yet.

But as the others, I don't think so.

Edited by milkor88

Ok, seriously.  If I wanted to come home after working all day, sit down, and go back to work... I'd get a second job.  At least then I'd have more money when I was done.

This is a game.  If it feels like work, then something is seriously wrong, and it's going to lose its luster very quickly.

This.

Honestly I do agree the blueprints previously where at a good point for indication of intermediate or further play.  The chronos was a good way to say "hey this feature is something to keep in mind for further advancement", but the cronous kicked in at the end of mercury, so you likely have a pool of resources already to craft it with, by that point.

I wouldnt put the Paris out for just credits, as a 'special' weapon it is perfect for a blueprint as it indicates its a bit special and more an intermediate weapons because it uses special mechanics.  The snipertron is actually a good starting sniper weapon (as a precision style player it was what I went for when I started), sure it starts lacking after about venus (though maybe not so much with armour piercing) but then you have mods to compensate for that, showing the value of mods on enhancing weapons.

Basically the old system worked out to letting people play their own style (most people will be coming from other shooters so have a good idea of their style already) while pacing additional extras and complexities well so that it builds onto what the player already knows.  The progression felt good, and somewhat balanced.  Not too hard that progression through styles felt tedious, but still hard enough that some effort was required.

The current system however more restricts the play style (again players will mostly have a good idea of their style, shooters arent new), and makes crafting feel like hurdles/hoops rather than a progressive complexity to the game.  IE good impression of blueprints as opposed to bad impressions of them.

Edited by Loswaith