Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Interstellar Marines. Again.

Revel72

Well well... Now look at this big piece of potential having game. I can right now name few things what this game needs to be a non beta anymore.

Sniper rifle, Handgun, Button what you can use to ping your allies "Hey enemy over there" "Key card found"

They have changed stuff a bit. Now you can take hits a bit more about same amount of hits you can take just like typical Call of Duty soldier but your health regenerates much more slower. Stamina used identicator. This game has a lot of potential. It is difficult believe me. Even in easy difficulty you are crouch S#&$ting quite long time.

Good news people. The game is discount price at steam. Want to have something difficult to eat but in first person shooter model. Grab Interstellar Marines.

It has improved SIGNIFICANTLY since it's release onto Steam.

It is slow updating, but the challenge is well worth it. VERY difficult at times, but OMG it is FUN.

Hard to believe it started as literally 5 guys in a garage.

Edited by Kalenath

better than call of dutes

I.M. = Real interstellar combat simulation

C.O.D. = Run around with an A.R shooting @ stuff.

sorry if offended

Foward from Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare Cod was good but after that. They became horrible.

Interstellar marines is so up itself. It's the game that thinks its better than every other shooter out there, it even states it many many times in it's own description and yet it fails to deliver. It promises to do so much and in all it's years it still hasn't delivered a quarter of its promise. I wouldn't waste my money on it.

Interstellar marines is so up itself. It's the game that thinks its better than every other shooter out there, it even states it many many times in it's own description and yet it fails to deliver. It promises to do so much and in all it's years it still hasn't delivered a quarter of its promise. I wouldn't waste my money on it.

Are we talking about the same game here?

They DON'T promise things generally. They say what they WANT to do.

Since the studio is still VERY small -less than 10 people even now- it takes time. I don't actually LIKE the game. I was seriously burned out on ANY FPS game after the rapes that happened to COD, MOH, Ghost Recon and all the others.

I may play it someday, but not soon. Still too raw from Ubisoft's stellar treatment of Rainbow Six that left a VERY ugly taste in my mouth. Yay another COD clone corridor shooter JUST like Ghost Recon! Who knew that Ubi would do the EXACT SAME THING as last time?

I did.

Interstellar Marines IS different. Yes, it is taking a long time to make. But it has improved a lot since I first saw it.

Edited by Kalenath

Are we talking about the same game here?

They DON'T promise things generally. They say what they WANT to do.

Since the studio is still VERY small -less than 10 people even now- it takes time. I don't actually LIKE the game. I was seriously burned out on ANY FPS game after the rapes that happened to COD, MOH, Ghost Recon and all the others.

I may play it someday, but not soon. Still too raw from Ubisoft's stellar treatment of Rainbow Six that left a VERY ugly taste in my mouth. Yay another COD clone corridor shooter JUST like Ghost Recon! Who knew that Ubi would do the EXACT SAME THING as last time?

I did.

Interstellar Marines IS different. Yes, it is taking a long time to make. But it has improved a lot since I first saw it.

Rainbow six vegas 1 and 2 were good games, I don't know what you're talking about there. And they are VERY different to Cod (Gadgets, Team orders, allied AI that can actually kill not just sit there as part of the scenery, cover system, ability to climb ropes (rappel) and attack from them) I think you're talking about a completely different game there too. The only thing I was a little unimpressed by was that the game likes to jump into 3rd person for alot of actions.

And yes we are talking about the same IM

coverart_960x1320.1.jpg

If you read the games description it is paragraphs of them stating they are making a better game than any other, using phrases to rubbish there competition and things they don't like.

And fact is most shooters are corridor design because its simpler to build therefore it is easier to make a higher quality product, its less disorientating, and it's easier to script and therefore easier to have the game prepared for every possible action and not release like a buggy mess, like all of ubisofts releases in the last year.