Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Do Away Skill Test To Level Up Please

dlc454545

Or perhaps I could just not play because I don't enjoy purposeless grind.

Then find a purpose :)

No rly, You understand that EVERY game relationship between Dev Team and Gamers is very similar to Mom vs Kid.

We all want the best deal but it must serve its purpose, if we get it all, fast, and for free nobody will care and game gets dull in matter of days.

You are perfect example. You want new toy and mom asked you to have at least B on math test which you failed so she said ok you learn some more then when you get B she would  buy you that toy but no you turned emo and hate on mom because she don't want you to grow up ignorant prick. Same thing with "PURPOSE" yours is apparently having all toys maxed, what would you do when there are no more toys left you don't have in the store?

You could get around that by having actual content. That helps.

Now, I understand, beta is beta, but let's not mince words: as of now, there's very little actual content outside of a grind. I fully expect DE to add more and varied content to the game as time goes on, but there's still very little to actually do as of now.

Edited by Kiteless

I know, patience became a super power. I mean. Why is it so hard to wait a day. I mean. Its not like your dying within the next 24 hours and you want to achieve this before you die, isnt it?

I would say 12 hours would be fine as well.....

even though the 24h timer was made to fix an exploit (free weapon/frame exp)... why are you defending it again?

Hold on. Mastery points are still gained for later levels right? Even while maxed out for current level and having failed the test. Mastery points simply go towards the next immediate rank is that correct?

I like the tests; adds some value to continue increasing mastery.

Though there are a few gotchas that should be looked at:

1) Ahead of time you have no idea what the test will involve, so cannot pick an appropriate warframe or weapon selection.

This can drastically effect the difficulty of many of the tests. I suggest that, much like the introductory tutorial, everyone gets the same loadout - a practice suite of sorts.

2) The circle on the floor is undeniably misleading.

3) bugs. It didn't effect me, but the wall running test @7->8 is apparently prone to buggy respawns.

If they fix these issues, I'd like to see a few changes:

- Add optional difficulty selection for the tests; bronze/silver/gold. You only need bronze to proceed to the next tier, but have silver & gold give some form of kudos reward.

- make silver and gold MUCH more challenging

- Allow passed tests to be retaken so you can improve past grades.

- Retain the 24h cool down; it'll extend the life of the gold challenges and make each attempt tense.

If you end up not passing a test you should use your time playing with max level equipment and farming high level areas.

You will not waste any precious experience and you can do sth useful in your 'downtime'.

People like this got Rhino nerfed.

Thank you for that insightful contribution to this thread...

Speaking for myself, I tried to get out first 10 seconds i started warframe in the tutorial. What kind of beta-testaaah are you? You must be the type that really likes "silver plate" serving set

Inez

No, "know-it-all envious pricks " did that. And they are still defending the change

Edited by Tattutattikawa

because common sense is a super power. not every person have it.

tell me have ever considered this circle as initial position for test?

have you ever tried to run away as far as you can from it?

have ever been in dojo?

and you are welcome.

Speaking for myself, I tried to get out first 10 seconds i started warframe in the tutorial. What kind of beta-testaaah are you? You must be the type that really likes "silver plate" serving set

I'm the kind of beta tester who has the empathy to appreciate that there are more perspectives & perceptions than my own, and one who understands the iconographic meaning of a solid line.

REMOVE THAT CIRCLE IT CONFUSES PEOPLE

Changing the wait to 12-16 hours could be nice for those people who have odd schedules. Everyone still waits until the next day either way.

However, I really don't see how people fail these (that don't involve the circle) :/ I've done up to 5, and they've all been ridiculously easy so far... 

Here is other point i think they should do away with skill test to level up. I and think i will win here on this. Ok look what we are doing the game already. We are using are side arms and guns and melee weapons kill enemys in there and we stuff. So not only are we lvl up are weapons but we are in game play lvl are avatar up with. So if i did not have the skill test blocking me from lvl my avatar i would of been a lvl 4 or 6 by now. So that is why i think they should do away will skill test and let us lvl normally.

Here is other point i think they should do away with skill test to level up. I and think i will win here on this. Ok look what we are doing the game already. We are using are side arms and guns and melee weapons kill enemys in there and we stuff. So not only are we lvl up are weapons but we are in game play lvl are avatar up with. So if i did not have the skill test blocking me from lvl my avatar i would of been a lvl 4 or 6 by now. So that is why i think they should do away will skill test and let us lvl normally.

And we... stuff? Wha?

Look, skills tests to level up are easy. You're not even required to accurately hit quickly moving targets. If you're failing them, it's an indicator that you haven't grasped core gameplay mechanics (or have been tricked by that circle, which should be removed) and are not ready to progress.

The skill tests are not difficult. I can see the argument a 12 hour cool down though.

As far as cockblockers go these are fairly tame.

No, I'm not a Tenno. I'm a 23 year old dude with a neckbeard playing a videogame about space ninjas. Learn to separate game and life.

c) I did complete this challenge with the Lex (lvl 15/ Moded for Electric dmg and Armor piercing). One shot to the face killed pretty much everything they throw at you. However, I am a space ninja so I can see how it might be more difficult for you.

The skill tests are not difficult. I can see the argument a 12 hour cool down though.

As far as cockblockers go these are fairly tame.

c) I did complete this challenge with the Lex (lvl 15/ Moded for Electric dmg and Armor piercing). One shot to the face killed pretty much everything they throw at you. However, I am a space ninja so I can see how it might be more difficult for you.

Ohey the same loadout as I did. Did you stand still? Because that's what killed me. Not that it really matters, failing's fine if it weren't for the super-long cooldown.

I don't know why so many people complain about that circle, I just ran out of it within the first 5 secs of the first test, what kind of beta tester doesn't try to push game limits, it just marks a starting point in an all white room, probably what the devs used to designate where things pop up, that way they don't appear 3 million miles from you and you fail from unreasonable spawns.

There was never a sign that said "Stay in the circle or you fail" either, also to people saying you shouldn't get penalized for guessing wrong, then wth happens if you guess wrong on anything real life, guess a wrong direction = you get lost, guess a wrong answer = you lose points, guess the wrong distance = you hit/miss(depending whether it was closer or farther than expected). If you guess wrong, you should definitely be penalized by it.

There was never a sign that said "Stay in the circle or you fail" either, also to people saying you shouldn't get penalized for guessing wrong, then wth happens if you guess wrong on anything real life, guess a wrong direction = you get lost, guess a wrong answer = you lose points, guess the wrong distance = you hit/miss(depending whether it was closer or farther than expected). If you guess wrong, you should definitely be penalized by it.

However, in many games, this sort of thing is the case.

Play any generic modern military shooter's singleplayer and try to not follow the path explicitly laid down for you. What happens? You die arbitrarily. "AAA" titles like that have created a mentality that thinking outside of the box will be punished. It's quite sad that this sort of thing happens, but that's the current state of the industry :c

I enjoyed the thematic feel of the tests and face stomped through all the ones I've done so far, even the hacking one I had a minute left because I expected another wave. I did the sidearm one with level 6 aklatos, if you are struggling with the lex then maybe it's for the best that you practice with what you have now rather than moving onto the next pieces of equipment.