Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Do Away Skill Test To Level Up Please

dlc454545

I would like to know if we can do away with skill test to level up please. because i want to buy a better weapon but i can not do because i am not getting level because i have not past a skill test yet. please do away with it please it is annoying.

No. It's a challenge, get past it. We don't just do away with things because people find it a little bit challenging. If we did that all we would have to do is push one button to conquer that game. I find the Grineer rollers annoying (more annoying than the test) does that mean they should just go away? I have a friend that hates disrupters, should we just take them out or nerf them to the point where they have no "teeth?" if you answer to either of these questions was yes then watch out for real life, it's gonna suck. Overcoming the challenge it what makes victory sweet, its what makes victory worth while. If you didn't have to try then there is no victory. Do you celibrate every time you drink a glass of water? No probably not, but if you were stranded in the desert and dying of dehydration I'd bet you consider it a victory if you could find some water.

The tests fit the thematics of a ninja. Most of them had some sort of exam to level up in their ranks, though this was typically in the style of a mission. I think the test as it is now is lacking in depth. I would prefer to be sent on a solo mission than to stand in a white room and kill holograms...

ok look i am not saying it is not hard with enough practies and and stuff then yes people can beat them. All i am saying to use them as a way to lvl from 1 to lvl 2 avatar is stupit. ok i just did the test again and i failed the test again for the 3rd time. plus in the test they time to kill all the enemyies when in normal game play you are not time. like i said before when we play in normal game play on the map you see are stuff lvling up like are weapons and skilles of the avatar lvl up. and we gain experices in the normal game to next lvl. again i do not like the idea that moving from a lvl 1 skill ranked avatar to a lvl 2 skilled ranked avatar by doing a skill test is the way to go about it. i think you should be able to rank up normally while you are playing the game by doing the missions and evrthing. plus again everyone saying a coll down of 24 hours is also stupit because that means a day to take a test again that too long for that. so i am sticking to my option that need to do away with skill test to lvl up are avatars from lvl to lvl and let are avatars lvl normally. because to be stuck in lvl 1 rank teno is not fun at all and it is annoying

Dunno about you, but I beat the test on my first try with largely unleveled and unmodded Aklatos.  You are just using ONLY your pistol(s), right?  Not your melee weapons or primaries?  No sentinels either?  If so, then the test is easier than many levels in the game, with the ridiculous amount of easy to kill sawmen they throw at you and the occasional Grinner Lancer (also pathetic).  If you're having trouble killing them within the time limit, consider leveling your sidearms and improving your ability to quickly react to a sawman spawning several meters away.  If they're killing you, wallrun up the pillars and use health restores if you have any, or just snipe them as quickly as you can from there.

Still, would be nice if they removed all your weapons except your sidearm with the sidearm test like they do with the melee test.

EDIT: Also note that you don't lose any mastery rank experience if you don't pass the test.  Once you pass it, the master you would have earned is immediately added.  So yes, once you pass the test and assuming you've been playing an insane amount of time, you'd be able to take about 3-4 more tests to hit mastery level 4-6.

Edited by Luzoto

I think 18 hrs is a nice time at least then if you failed just before you went to bed one night, you don't have to stay up late the next to get another shot.

I have only failed the level 5 one once, and that's because I misunderstood what was needed of me.  Passed it the next day easily.

So far they are not so hard, especially if you read up on it beforehand.

No, I'm not a Tenno. I'm a 23 year old dude with a neckbeard playing a videogame about space ninjas. Learn to separate game and life.

a) I was unprepared because I didn't want to go to a wiki. I shouldn't go to a wiki. And nowhere else is the information provided.

b) I made the assumption based on the limited information provided to me. I should not be penalized for guessing wrong.

c) Yes, because normally when signage is placed in the gameworld it means something.

Really? Do you honestly believe he thinks he's a Tenno? Really?

a) you will be prepared for your next attempt

b) you will not assume wrong for your next attempt

c) never play antichamber

ok look i am not saying it is not hard with enough practies and and stuff then yes people can beat them. All i am saying to use them as a way to lvl from 1 to lvl 2 avatar is stupit. ok i just did the test again and i failed the test again for the 3rd time. plus in the test they time to kill all the enemyies when in normal game play you are not time. like i said before when we play in normal game play on the map you see are stuff lvling up like are weapons and skilles of the avatar lvl up. and we gain experices in the normal game to next lvl. again i do not like the idea that moving from a lvl 1 skill ranked avatar to a lvl 2 skilled ranked avatar by doing a skill test is the way to go about it. i think you should be able to rank up normally while you are playing the game by doing the missions and evrthing. plus again everyone saying a coll down of 24 hours is also stupit because that means a day to take a test again that too long for that. so i am sticking to my option that need to do away with skill test to lvl up are avatars from lvl to lvl and let are avatars lvl normally. because to be stuck in lvl 1 rank teno is not fun at all and it is annoying

How did you fail for a third time, what is this test requiring of you, to shoot and kill the enemies with a pistol? its not hard, level up your pistol, don't use anything else during the test, run around and shoot, it only takes one or two headshots to kill a lancer anyways.

Edited by KageNoShini

I love the mastery tests. Makes you prove yourself and shows others you have the skills to be called ...a Novice. Bit crap being called a novice after 100 hours of game play. Having to wait means some one cannot just do it again and again until they getting right. Shows they have the skill and its not a fluke.leave it how it is but change our titles.

I'm going to side with the people who agree that the tests are fine.  So far I've breezed through 4 levels of testing first time because I practice all these things in game.  Think of it as the test results telling you how much of a grasp you have on the game.  Can you kill a bunch of enemies in the time allotted with a pistol?  Can you pin point shoot a bunch of connected targets without missing?  Can you hack a series of terminals quickly?  It's all incentive to get better at certain areas of the game.  Can't whip around and shoot that target all the time?  Practice non-iron sight killing.  Can't hack those terminals fast enough?  Try hacking every terminal you can before the timer goes under 10s, break windows if you have to.  Practice killing while wall running as well, it makes you feel like a bad &#! and it's a test later on (according to the wiki).

Ok let not do away with it but at least change it to where it is optional and also change it where it automaticaly changes you up to the next lvl teno while u are playing the mission, that all i am saying. Plus again ( and listen when i say it again) to go to go from lvl 1 teno to a lvl 2 teno thru a skill test is not the way to do. What you are doing by doing that is you forcing people take a skill test just move up in rank, which should easy just by playing the missions in the game already. I just see it has it a way of make harder to have fun in the game because it it getting stressful, when easy and fun and not stressful.

Optional. What sense whould it make if it would automatically level you up? The thing is that it needs a test to make sure you are worthy for the next rank. If you fail the test, you are clearly not worthy to wield higher tier weapons. Your point is to get high end weapons without any effort. That would simply devalue high end tier and should never happen.

Edited by Venarge

How about no ? all the skill tests up to level 4 are extremely easy! and you don't get any unlocks after that anyways so if you do them you have extra prestige but that's it.

The only annoying thing is waiting 24 hours after failing one! unless you google every challenge before you do it there is no other way to be prepared for it so how about at least give us 2 tries every 12 hours or something ?

i just did the test again and i failed the test again for the 3rd time. 

How did you manage that?? What happened? :-o

I failed the first time because I stayed in that stupid circle. I stayed there but I could hear them and their buzz-saw ... it was there that I realised that I am supposed to run around. OK, I failed ...

24 hours later: This time I ran around and I killed everything with 2-3 shots from my Akbolto's. I didn't even bother to aim properly. Just run and shoot. And I am a 39 year old guy, my reflexes are crap compared to the many young people out here, and I haven't played that many games in recent years ... and I found this test to be easy once you understand that you DON'T stay in the circle.... Just run and shoot.

What went wrong?? How did you fail this 3 times??

You havent earned it. Therefore, you dont deserve it.

This, if anything, I'd like harder tests, so that leveling up is an accomplishment and indicator of skill. I'm talking mission length things here, brutally difficult, unforgiving. Once you hit level 4 and have everything, tests should become like this, just, so hard that a level five or six entering the game would be like fighting alongside a legend.

Hm... In this video those lights seem to stay longer than the one I saw previously... This gives me some hope. Thanks

I had to look that one up myself.

Shoot first target - then the green line will connect the dots to your next target. I was looking all over the room for the next target instead of just following the green line.

I just passed the wall running one last night, by a fluke. :p hardest one I've done yet. I think I should have failed so that I can really master those skills.

Huh.. just had an idea - allow us to re-visit old tests for practice.

I have reached Rank 7 these days. Every time i have a new test i look up a video on Youtube to see abit of how the test is so im not caught up by surprise.

The first test i did for example i failed becouse mobs kept hiding behind the pillars and i didnt know i could leave the circle on the middle untill i watched the video and saw the player running around freely.

Optional. What sense whould it make if it would automatically level you up? The thing is that it needs a test to make sure you are worthy for the next rank. If you fail the test, you are clearly not worthy to wield higher tier weapons. Your point is to get high end weapons without any effort. That would simply devalue high end tier and should never happen.

This my point i am prove that i can handel the higher weapons in the game because i am prioving that i know how to use the side arm weapons and main weapon and melee in the mission i play already. If i did know that stuff i would not be playing everyday on it and also dealing damgage to ememy well. So that is why i feel they need to change the leveling system on the avarts where we automatically ranks us up without taking a skill test to rank up. Because we are already know this while we are playing mission maps and stuff.

i am prove that i can handel the higher weapons in the game because i am prioving that i know how to use the side arm weapons and main weapon and melee in the mission i play already...

The test is just another "mission". You say you play missions well?? Fine. Then tests are no problem for you... :-)