Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auto Rolling After Jumping Is Very Annoying.

Aretak

Seriously, it leads to so many annoying rolls into chasms and general unnecessary delays. Hell most of the time a static jump  to pew pew a foe behind cover will lead into one. I'd like to see it removed from umps at player height.

Hold CTRL (crouch) without pressing forward when you land. No roll.

This can be used in nearly every situation to prevent yourself from rolling forward.

It seems very random, I've tried this and it doesn't always help.

You roll in two cases:

1. SHIFT is pressed when you land

2. You jumped down from somewhere

Not true, if you fire whilst jumping it'll throw you forward. In a fight this is obviously very, very annoying.

Not true, if you fire whilst jumping it'll throw you forward. In a fight this is obviously very, very annoying.

Jump, fire once, press CTRL and release all buttons EXCEPT CTRL directly after shooting. You now did not roll.

Edited by Felandi

Hold CTRL (crouch) without pressing forward when you land. No roll.

This can be used in nearly every situation to prevent yourself from rolling forward.

From what I've seen (while this certainly does work) it's not the crouch/pressing of control that does it, but it's actually removing your fingers from the movement buttons. If you jump and let off the forward button before you land you're not going to roll, this is pretty universal for all landings (I'm not certain if you can stop the roll on a jump that you roll during).

Whilst this is true, the problem is still auto rolling. You should have to press something to roll after jumping, not press something to stop it.

You should have to chose to retain momentum? ...Rather than chose to brace against it?

Whaaa...?

I don't know why you're trying to argue against a useful option like this? If you really want to be pedantic: If you jump straight up, there is NO momentum forward. Similarly if you jump down, there is momentum DOWN not FORWARD unless you choose to direct it that way.