The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If We Removed Weapons From Our Back?

_Rue_

Option certainly is the key word. It'll be a 'holstered weapons visible' yes/no option. If you want to show your holstered weapons, leave them visible. If you don't want to show your holstered weapons, toggle the option.

It's clearly a clipping issue, but I don't mind it when weapons clip through one another. And "because it looks ugly" is not a very good reason to just make them magically appear and disappear whenever we equip and unequip the gun. You just can't just mess around with physics like that(ofcourse we can in this game, but still).

i dont mind with weapon stays at our back.

as long as it doesnt clip, even with syandana or cape.

Well, that's the point of this all. Even before Syandanas, we had weapons clipping into each other because of their holster positions. Now we have weapons and Syandanas clipping into each other or colliding rather awkwardly. Imagine how much worse it is going to get when we have capes covering our entire back.

Quoting myself on this because things change very quickly (especially when shiny new capes become a reality, can't have those clipping!). It looks like a 'Weapons visible when Holstered' option is being explored soon!

ooo this will be great. Will there be an effect for switching to our invisible holstered weapons? I think a reversed channeling disintegration effect would look great for materializing it into our hands. 

Perhaps there could be really small lighted things (think Borderlands 1) in each of the weapon locations on each frame so that it's not like you're just summoning the weapons from no where, and that would also perhaps help with making the animation of switching weapons still make sense.

^Well it is....But without any effect or "Lore" behind it.     There is no tool to put your weapons in the void. And that is sad. Coz we can. We do that to Human targets. 

I dont think adding some particle effect on holstering such weapon would hurt.

^Well it is....But without any effect or "Lore" behind it.     There is no tool to put your weapons in the void. And that is sad. Coz we can. We do that to Human targets. 

True but since we holster and change weapons a lot the constant stream of particles could cause a performance loss.

Maybe we should start thinking of some pokeball thingys just for weapons. so.. basicly .. gunballs or something. switch weapons and the gun you use turns into a little thing that can be easily stored somewhere at your legs, shoes, belt, back or whereever. this way it wont clip and it wont be summoned out of nowhere. would also look kinda badass to see us drawing a little disk or a ball, pressing a button and the thing transforms into a full size weapon. i mean, samus aran also manages to somehow turn into a ball.. so why not our tennos guns too?

Maybe we should start thinking of some pokeball thingys just for weapons. so.. basicly .. gunballs or something. switch weapons and the gun you use turns into a little thing that can be easily stored somewhere at your legs, shoes, belt, back or whereever. this way it wont clip and it wont be summoned out of nowhere. would also look kinda badass to see us drawing a little disk or a ball, pressing a button and the thing transforms into a full size weapon. i mean, samus aran also manages to somehow turn into a ball.. so why not our tennos guns too?

Grakata, i choose you!     And equipping frame should look like sailor moon transformation. 

But seriously...Tenno dont need any "balls"...they can store weapons inside their frame systems.   

I personally always dreamed of weapons that turn into armor when holstered. But its just crazy me.

Grakata, i choose you!     And equipping frame should look like sailor moon transformation. 

But seriously...Tenno dont need any "balls"...they can store weapons inside their frame systems.   

I personally always dreamed of weapons that turn into armor when holstered. But its just crazy me.

I think so, too. I just came up with this as kind of a compromise for those wanting weapons to phase out when holstered and those who want them magically glued to their backs while clipping through all the other gear like syandanas or parts of their frames. A mix of both, you know.

yep. seen it in dev stream, too. i find it even more ugly now. weapons not even fading, they straight dis- and reappear from one frame to another. looks silly and cheap. imagine having a dagger equiped.. it would look like you are pulling it out of your ! just like Link from TLOZ does it with his bombs and fishing pole. what's so difficult about adding some of the same short living particle and glow effects like when capturing a human target? and we dont switch weapons that often, do we. the switching move isnt even that fast so it's impossible to cause eyecancer even with holster speed mod. i don't understand DE. they seem to have their priorities gone wrong more and more. they talking about such awesome stuff but forget or simply ignore all the little detail things so many players are complaining about.

Edited by Mippy

yep. seen it in dev stream, too. i find it even more ugly now. weapons not even fading, they straight dis- and reappear from one frame to another. looks silly and cheap. imagine having a dagger equiped.. it would look like you are pulling it out of your ! just like Link from TLOZ does it with his bombs and fishing pole. what's so difficult about adding some of the same short living particle and glow effects like when capturing a human target? and we dont switch weapons that often, do we. the switching move isnt even that fast so it's impossible to cause eyecancer even with holster speed mod. i don't understand DE. they seem to have their priorities gone wrong more and more. they talking about such awesome stuff but forget or simply ignore all the little detail things so many players are complaining about.

Well if it can be done with a generic animation for all weapons, or weapon types then it won't be a problem. If they have to make one for each weapon specifically, then that's a lot of work...

I'm taking this as a step in the right direction. Once they do it it'll be easier to ask for something better. Just need to get that foot in the door first.

Well if it can be done with a generic animation for all weapons, or weapon types then it won't be a problem. If they have to make one for each weapon specifically, then that's a lot of work...

I'm taking this as a step in the right direction. Once they do it it'll be easier to ask for something better. Just need to get that foot in the door first.

but even though the foot is now placed in that door.. i bet it will still take another x months for them to actually do it, no matter how quick and easy this could be changed. like everytime. i dont understand how they can manage to add awesome stuff that is difficult to implement like changing whole mechanics and features of the game, but don't take the slightest note of such easy to change subjects like adding few particles to this or that animation, reducable clan size or ammo packs inside the simulacrum. they even simply forgot that one graphics effect below mesas feet while peacemaker is active right from the start. you can even see it in the mesa trailer but in the actual game it's completely missing. all these little things sum up and annoy me extremely. it makes the impression of them being pretty unwary and not professional. for me and many others these things cannot be unseen.

Edited by Mippy

I just want to thank DE for adding effects. Looks good and simple enough.

Came hereabouts to specifically mention that I adore the effects.

The energy colored dissolve when you holster and equip, along with the shimmer that seems to indicate they're cloaking rather than disappearing entirely is just awesome.

So whichever DE folks worked on that? It's an awesome touch and it IS appreciated!

Came hereabouts to specifically mention that I adore the effects.

The energy colored dissolve when you holster and equip, along with the shimmer that seems to indicate they're cloaking rather than disappearing entirely is just awesome.

So whichever DE folks worked on that? It's an awesome touch and it IS appreciated!

indeed. i really like how they did it. It's seamless. :)