Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Are The Current Best Slash, Puncture And Impact Secondary Weapons?

TheOmnipotentKiwiStand

Question

9 answers to this question

AkJaguars do create quite a large amount of Slash Status, yes.

since they're a 2 Pellet Shotgun effectively, note that your Status output is somewhat poor unless most (preferably all) of your pellets in each Shot land on the same Enemy.

Vasto Prime is also another quite nice Slash Weapon.

Pyrana is a much better performing Slash Weapon than is usually given credit for.

- - - - -

Lex Prime, Bolto Series, Thrown Secondaries, and Spectra are fairly good Puncture Weapons. (Cestra Series is statistically fairly good, but i can't stand them)

- - - - -

wait, why would you want tons of Impact? :p

most of the Shotgun Sidearms are Impact weighted, Stiletto's, Magnus Series, Marelok Series.

best is subjective though. most serve very different purposes from one another.

Slash: I prefer the Pyrana and the Vasto Prime.

Puncture: Lex Prime.........? I don't really use puncture weapons. Telos Akbolto are amazing.

Impact: My babies,Akmagnus. <33333 highest crit percentage out of all secondaries I believe. Great status chance too. A hybrid build is worth investing in.

I like the secura cestras well enough for puncture.  They almost require some sort of spin up reduction mod (fire rate) and recoil reduction, but with both of those, you can crank up a high puncture build decent full auto weapon.  They quickly fill up the bar and drop a confusion proc bomb which is handy, a sort of cheap crowd control.   Without recoil, you have to aim low and let them ride up, you could save a mod by doing that if you learn to use them that way.

Slash - Pyrana, I have taken this on a variety of missions and it has performed very well.

Impact - Akmagnus, probably my favorite secondary to use out of the ones I've tried.

Puncture - not sure as I haven't really built one for this in particular. I have been playing the Dual Vipers lately and have to say that I am very pleased putting elemental damage on these.