Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frustration, Frustration, Frustration (Another Thunderbolt Topic)

Namacyst

Dropchance for Thunderbolt (Handspring & Retribution aswell) has to change! For the better.

I run Xini again for the last days and still no Thunderbolt. It is rediculous. Frustrating. It even feels unfair when i think about the talks i had with people who own a Thunderbolt and the minority found it themselfes (minority means ~5%). The rest is obtained through Mod-Packs or Platinum purchases and i wonder if this is intended. I farmed over 600 Mods and got every possible Rare-Mod dropping in Xini atleast once. DE, this sucks!!!

Right now in regards to Thunderbolt farming Warframe feels like a Asia-Grinder where you look for items with a 0.001% Dopchance and in case of Thunderbolt i even have the feeling that this dropchance fits. Is it really your intend to have such a low chance to find the Mod themselfes that you just have to buy Mod-Packs at some point or else you go crazy or rage like i start to do? This really stands against your philosophy of "being able to get everything ingame except slots, boosts and cosmetics" and that's very sad.

A statement or.. even better.. a dropchance increasing hotfix would be really appreciated.

Cheers

Raging Nama

It's a rare mod. Some players have gone 200-300 hours without finding a single Flow. I really don't see what's the problem here, I don't have a Thunderbolt yet (just a hair over 200 hours so far) and I'm not mad. 

You'll get it eventually, instead of raging, just play and when you least expect it, it'll probably drop as a pleasant surprise. :)

It's a rare mod. Some players have gone 200-300 hours without finding a single Flow. I really don't see what's the problem here, I don't have a Thunderbolt yet (just a hair over 200 hours so far) and I'm not mad. 

You'll get it eventually, instead of raging, just play and when you least expect it, it'll probably drop as a pleasant surprise. :)

"It's a Rare Mod" does NOT apply when you take into account that i found EVERY OTHER Rare Mod atleast once that can be dropped by Infested during my time farming for Thunderbolt and most of them multiple times. When you do Xini 90% of you playtime.. for days.. it really gets old after a week of not finding what you are looking for but everything else. There is definitely something WAY off with hte dropchance and i just hope it's not intended that way.

Edited by Namacyst

What if... you were just really, really unlucky?

Seriously, you could just be an outlier. Most people who wanted thunderbolt likely "only" ground xini for 10-12 hours before quitting, so it's not like everyone's put in the same amount of time as you.

The problem is that all these mods are super-rare because instead of 'rare' meaning "you'll find one or two per mission" 'rare' to DE apparently means 'a player who doesn't play 10 hours a day on high level defense missions will find 1 or 2 per day' and that's absolutely terrible.

While RNG drop tables are the crux of this game, I wish their were other ways to obtain mods. Like some daily challenge that consisted of very challenging challenges which only the best could beat that granted a mod from our choice, that would be nice.

If it makes you feel worse I found Thunderbolt on a filler Eris mission I wasn't even properly geared to be doing, I was being carried the whole way :3

Totally agree.

I don't even like fighting infested. I was playing exclusively against Grineer and Corpus but I really wanted Thunderbolt, so I figured I would farm Xini to get it.

I've killed 32,000 infested since that mod came out. 32,000 !!! Just on my own, not even counting the kills that my teammates got.

I totally lost interest now. This is beyond ridiculous.

Edited by Feneckus

Reminds me of trying to find a Windforce back in the day. What's wrong with rare drops taking a couple weeks or even months to find? If we unlocked everything in the first 40 hours of play this game would be dead already.

Since they released I've grinded for each daily and still haven't seen them. Feels bad being on the bottom of the curve. I'd like to see half the ability mods vanish from the rare table to give other mods a chance.

Reminds me of trying to find a Windforce back in the day. What's wrong with rare drops taking a couple weeks or even months to find? If we unlocked everything in the first 40 hours of play this game would be dead already.

If there exist a token system to get rare stuff (mods in case of warframe), then its fine if it takes weeks or months. Reason is, every minute you spend playing, you will reach closer to your goal, giving a sense of tangible progress being made.

With RNG, it doesnt feel like any progress at all. If you need a certain mod, and nothing else, and if you spend a whole day/week/month farming and still didnt get it, it wont feel progress in any way. And for some players, THAT is worse than getting everything in first 40 hours.