Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ff7 News And Shadow Warrior 2 [Gaming News]

TheErebus.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/at-long-last-you-can-play-the-evil-within-in-fulls/1100-6428399/

So first off, it looks like you can play the Evil Within without the pesky letterbox in the way. 
A really underrated game, sure the pacing is off, but it's a really good game that attempts to go for multiple different forms

of horror.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-7-ps4-remake-won-t-be-like-for-like-/1100-6428396/

Tetsuya Nomura (Director of the FF7 remake and FFXV) has stated that it wont be exactly the same as FF7.

Stating that: 

My goal with the remake is to make it apply to the current era, the current generation of players that are going to be coming into contact with or playing Final Fantasy 7 for the first time through this remake. 

"I want to make it so it's relevant to the modern era, as well as having an element of surprise. It has to be something that riles up this sense of wonder and amazement. I don't want to change it so much that it's unrecognisable, but make sure that it's something fresh and new [but still] recognisable as Final Fantasy 7. That's what I'll be keeping in mind as I work on this."

"We're taking something that's text based with no voice over. If we add voice over to it, that will trigger some adjustments that need to be made to accommodate for that. Then, because we're making it in full HD, we'll need to think about all the resources that are needed to populate the screen."

He has also justified the choices he's made by stating that they'll be releasing a port of the HD version of the original FF7 to PS4, stating that:

Nomura previously suggested that Final Fantasy 7's story could deviate from the original at E3. Speaking to GameSpot, he said that the upcoming PC-to-PS4 re-release of the classic Final Fantasy 7 would be available for those looking to relive the exact same experience.

“We’ve announced an HD port version on the PlayStation 4, and then we have the remake coming to PS4,” Nomura said. 

“You’ll have this extremely, very, very pretty FFVII existing on the same plane. We feel that if that happens, it’s like, why have the same exact game?"

And we also got some Shadow Warrior 2 footage:

http://www.pcgamer.com/watch-15-minutes-of-shadow-warrior-2/

Edited by TheErebus.

I'm kind of hoping they will use FFXV's combat system in FF7's worlds. I never liked turn based combat, except for Arcs, but that was a bit different because you had range and a movement phase before every attack.

I don't think they'll do that.

They wont go that far.

The only turn based game I can enjoy is Persona and the SMT series, primarily because of how fast paced it gets.

Edited by TheErebus.

I don't think they'll do that.

They wont go that far.

The only turn based game I can enjoy is Persona and the SMT series, primarily because of how fast paced it gets.

The new persona didn't look turn based, or did they change the combat system?

Edited by (PS4)Pharen

The new persona didn't look turn based, or did they change the combat system?

No it's turn based.

They use their own form of turn based combat, same with SMT. It's all about exploiting their weakness and landing critical hits, doing so will grant you extra turns. 

In Persona, it can go on for as long as you make a hit.

In SMT, there are limited turns, but you can be granted 4 extra ones with every weakness exploited and/or critical hit. It makes the combat much more enjoyable, that and the variety of your party in SMT (collecting demons and having them help you defeat other demons is really fun) and Persona having hundreds of possible combinations of Personas to use in combat. Each with their own skills, weaknesses, strengths.

Yeah, the new persona is a dancing game.

Also Marie and Adachi were announced in that game.

NOT DANCING ALL NIGHT.

ITS ALSO CANON, WHICH REALLY CONFUSES ME.