Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is My Harddrive Failing ?

Kaiservadin

At random times my S:team drive has errors on it messing up steam completely, and what i mean is Warframe(steam) keeps REDOWNLOADING its files even though it downloaded them before so just to be safe i downloaded Warframe from the website and installed it on C drive and if this happens again i am moving my steam over to drive C.

you would need to be much much much more specific.

Hey my T drive is now my G drive which was once my E drive right after my D drive..... See what is missing in this? 

Just the S drive is getting random error causing steam to mess up and i am not sure if i should replace it or not.

there is no way of actually knowing this.. so your asking us a completely un-answerable question!

first il just start of by saying why did you post this in off topic ? surely if you wanted help and it was warframe related, you could have posted this in players helping players.. as that would have made more sense..

now in order to tell if this is actually a hardware problem.. you need to do diagnostics to see if it really is your hardrive or if its a software problem... usually when stuff like you mentioned in your post, happens! it creates Event ID's that are logged on the systems OS...

if your using windows 7 its called "Event Viewer" > if your on Windows 8 / 8.1 its called the exact same "even Viewer" except its more easily accessible via right clicking on the bottom left corner of your screen *where the scroll arrow is*

now to test your HDD. usually when it comes to these sorts of things. its mostly all paid products, but a handy little program called HDTune does the job pretty well... http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-SOFTWARE/System/System-Enhancements/Windows-Portable-Applications-Portable-HD-Tune.shtml

it scans your HDD and does tests. scans and maps your HDD for bad sectors as well as corrupting zones and even shows parts of your HDD that are failing and you are unable to write data to.. you dont have to install the program thankful - hence the *portable*

try out these steps and let me know how everything goes.. if you need further help feel free to PM me and il try assisting you further

there is no way of actually knowing this.. so your asking us a completely un-answerable question!

first il just start of by saying why did you post this in off topic ? surely if you wanted help and it was warframe related, you could have posted this in players helping players.. as that would have made more sense..

now in order to tell if this is actually a hardware problem.. you need to do diagnostics to see if it really is your hardrive or if its a software problem... usually when stuff like you mentioned in your post, happens! it creates Event ID's that are logged on the systems OS...

if your using windows 7 its called "Event Viewer" > if your on Windows 8 / 8.1 its called the exact same "even Viewer" except its more easily accessible via right clicking on the bottom left corner of your screen *where the scroll arrow is*

now to test your HDD. usually when it comes to these sorts of things. its mostly all paid products, but a handy little program called HDTune does the job pretty well... http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-SOFTWARE/System/System-Enhancements/Windows-Portable-Applications-Portable-HD-Tune.shtml

it scans your HDD and does tests. scans and maps your HDD for bad sectors as well as corrupting zones and even shows parts of your HDD that are failing and you are unable to write data to.. you dont have to install the program thankful - hence the *portable*

try out these steps and let me know how everything goes.. if you need further help feel free to PM me and il try assisting you further

Well because its more about my harddrive then it is warframe.

S.jpg

Well because its more about my harddrive then it is warframe.

S.jpg

players helping players does not exactly have to all be about warframe... granted it needs to be more or less warframe related with your post kinda was cause you where testing the problems with warframe and trying it that way. but thats just by my opinion

Is the S drive an external drive or its an internal drive ? SSD or HDD ? thanks in advance

he shows you in the image.. look at the USB drive icon.. now look at S: Drive

its an internal HDD. clearly not a external drive.

he shows you in the image.. look at the USB drive icon.. now look at S: Drive

its an internal HDD. clearly not a external drive.

Yeah just making sure mine is not showing well on SSD internal and external . Its a professional reflex you know Network Layer debuging 1st Always check hardware event if its dump question just to make sure.

Try defragging your files in the splash menu (steam version). Are other games acting up?

This doesn't seem to be a sign of a failing harddrive, more that your files are corrupted. Have you tried uninstalling and installing again?

Yeah i need to check defragging, i am checking for errors with the one program that was suggested above.

Update: Drive S was not showing in Defragger restarted computer to repair and now it shows up but no need for defraggmenting.

Edited by Kaiservadin