Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Are Your First Impressions Of The Karak Wraith?

I'm very okay with the Karak Wraith.  Damage isn't insane, but it's really accurate and gets plenty of status procs.  Not quite on par with the Braton Prime but it's trying very hard to be a top tier weapon. Sounds cool, easy to use.

Can't stand the Wraith skins though. I would use the Karak and Latron Wraiths a lot more if I could reskin them to not be so edgy. Gotten tons of use out of Gorgon Wraith, due to grineer desert warfare skin.

Well, if you were going for an AMD build you should have just gone with the phage. Read up on it via the wiki, it will most definitely outclass your karak wraith.

It doesn't fit the feel of my nova, or the style of AMD's I use it for. Mine are rarely pre-planned, and are reactionary in nature- a phage doesn't have the time to focus and output the damage it needs to to make the AMD worthwhile. That being said, phage is actually my most used non melee weapon. Even if it has horrifyingly high base damages (which I've abused outrageously, believe me.), it's usability fits a tankier frame. I needed a gun with enough punch to pop a ~100 grineer at choke points that may or may or may not be out of range for the phage. though Saryn is perfect with the tentacle gun, but I needed a bit more versatility than what the phage provides. The Karak Wraith a solid, well-balanced impact gun that hits hard enough in the late game. Fits this particular Tenno perfectly.

I have both, Dera Vandal and Karak Wraith and they are pretty much identical in tiers. Both perfect for mid level gaming and would have been perfect for a "starter" weapon (Dera is on my MR4 PS4 account, Karak on PC). Just like their vanilla versions, they are obviously not built for end game stuff. Karak is much more reliable in battle than the Dera though, faster reload.

Overall, they are great guns for what they are, nothing more, nothing less.