Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Invite Only] The Lounge

SpaceHelicopters

"The barkeeper, you say?" Said man was eyed as if she expected him to tranform into Phorid, the Twin-Queens or a combination of both: Full of suspicion and extreme caution. "I get the feeling that it might be just right that way, and that some secrets here come at a remarkably high price. Maybe that's to make up for the free drinks?" Her joke is lacking any tone of humour. 

"I feel like there are way too many ... persons present who would be glad to remind us of a Tenno's mortality if we were to give them a reason." she stated in a debaucherous manner the very simple fact that she felt uncomfortably outgunned. 

"Who knows..."
He sat cautious, like in a middle of a minefield, without armor, surrounded by enemies.

"Oh and by the way..."

He turned to Souna, stood up and continued saying,

"...I'm Fulgurus."

Edited by XionicoRX

Gaius:

After a quick shake of her head to refocus her thoughts, Magdalene said, "Yeah, I'm fine."

She slowly stood up, smoothing out the front of her tunic before stepping toward a booth to the right of the bar, carefully eyeing the Bartender as she passed by before she slumped down into the leather seat and pathetically laid her head down on her arms on the table.

With a disappointed sigh, the Bartender grabbed Magdalene's stein and poured the contents down the sink behind him. Such a waste, no brew like it existed. No brew like it could exist. Oh well...

Souna:

"Don't sell me short, Toots," the Bartender called out as he began to clean the blue-haired woman's stein, "Drinks are on the house because I say so, and I just do it out of the kindness of my own heart. Besides, we're a non-profit organisation."

Backing him up, a sign stating just that suddenly stood out on the wall beside the counter.

Umbra:

As he continued to dance, an apparition began to take form from the rising smoke. A familiar woman only visible to the Ash stood before him wearing a gorgeous, fiery-red dress, one that was rather uncharacteristic of the Tenno. She held out her hand, the look on her face outright daring the man to dance. 

Normally this woman would be clad in a Zephyr warframe, and given her personality, probably wouldn't be caught dead in something as feminine as her current attire. Not only that, but given their history, she was more likely to make an attempt at his life rather than challenge him to lead in a dance.

Quite the strange encounter, but then again, this was a rather strange place. Was a meeting between siblings in such a place as this really that far-fetched?

Gaius was relieved that she was okay. After his fear for his friend subsided, it was quickly replaced by anger towards the Bartender. Though Gaius made no attempt to conceal this, he still spoke calmly, less he and his friends become cadavers at the hand of the Bartender. Gaius moved towards the bar and sat down, his arms resting on the bar. He looked at the Bartender and planned out his course of action. It ranged from ignoring what happened all together to lunging over and trying to strangle the bastard. After a breif moment, Gaius finally decided on what too say.

"So, when will he call our number?" He asked, gesturing over to the Bouncer.

For a moment, Souna is distracted by the woman getting back onto her feet and her meaningful looking at the bartender. A part of Souna rejoices about her somewhat dulled beaty now. It made herself stand out more. The more rationl side of her, though, sees she's no less a guest here than Souna herself, and thus at the staff's mercy as well. Souna sure is no prime example of moral perfection - but she's not that dirty to be amused about the suffering of a comrade. Most of the times.

That the man in the bulky armor shuffled onto his feet took her attention back onto him. She too rose from her chair, putting all elegance she has into that motion.

"Pleased to meet you, Fulgurus. I am Souna." she replies.

Her graceful manner is quickly diminished, however, by her glare at the bartender. No doubt, she would not let any equal adress her in such an informal way. Sadly, it has just been proven it is better for her not to fire back.

"Dear Mister, no matter our other differences, I am definitely glad to enjoy a civilized place once in a while." It appears she puts the few things she can say to him without lying or upsetting him into the most bolstering words she can come up with - fully aware that he will probably see through it. But he can hardly retaliate for something she did not say and still keep up his role as a generous host, right?

Gaius:

"No need to pop your top, baby," the Bartender says casually as he continues to clean the stein in his hands, "Fella will call you when he feels good and ready. Even though I'm calling the shots, that's his business, not mine."

Souna:

The Bartender let out a soft chuckle, "No need to shoot me the stink-eye, sweetheart. And while I appreciate the sentiment, no body likes a kiss-&#!." Still smiling, he casts a quick glance at the Tenno woman before returning focus to the already clean stein, "Not a fan of pants on a woman, gotta say. Call me old fashioned, but a dress or a skirt is much more flattering and really exudes that feminine charm. Mostly because I find that only women can pull em' off. I mean, I could try, but I'm afraid I don't have the legs for it."

Gaius clenched his fist. He felt like he was getting talked down to by the Bartender. But he knew he had to keep a level head. He let out a calming sigh and looked over at the Bouncer. He knew that he wasn't going to get any good answers from this guy.

"Pour me some Scotch." Gaius said to the Bartender. "And leave the bottle, its been a long day."

Umbra:

As he continued to dance, an apparition began to take form from the rising smoke. A familiar woman only visible to the Ash stood before him wearing a gorgeous, fiery-red dress, one that was rather uncharacteristic of the Tenno. She held out her hand, the look on her face outright daring the man to dance. 

Normally this woman would be clad in a Zephyr warframe, and given her personality, probably wouldn't be caught dead in something as feminine as her current attire. Not only that, but given their history, she was more likely to make an attempt at his life rather than challenge him to lead in a dance.

Quite the strange encounter, but then again, this was a rather strange place. Was a meeting between siblings in such a place as this really that far-fetched?

Behind the helmet, the Ash smiled. It was a smile that would break communication barriers, if it were ever seen.
It said, Well, well, we finally found a dress that matches the temper.

But the Ash wasn't a complete nitwit: only when it was funny. So what he actually said was unlikely to get a slap to the face.
"'Tis been awhile, dear sister." He said, taking her hand. "I wonder, has time treated you as kindly as myself, or does it actually treat a lady with respect?"

Even the often excruciatingly serious Souna can't help but heartily chuckle at imagining the bartender in a dress. If his intention was to lift the spirits, he sure knows his game. "My, I guess us Tenno simply are crooked folks." It's not meant as an excuse. It's simply that Souna thinks it neither wise nor appropiate to pick a fight here, now and with that man. She won't forget his indifferent 'assault', that's for sure. But to act on it in this manner won't server her any good, she has understood that much.

"Actually, you are right with that. It's just, I've grown accustomed and comfortable with this attire." Him mentioning the legs, she rather turns attention away from that topic. She knows well that her legs are formed not by noble dances, but by her martial arts, and has always felt them unbefitting for a lady. So, she stretches one arm casually, inspecting her fingernails in the light of the Lounge, and 'incidentally' showing off the sleeves of her jacket that widen towards the hand, a little like a train on a dress. "One has to make compromises, isn't that right?"

Gaius:

The Bartender chuckled as he did as was requested.

"Pal, you don't know the half of it," he spoke under his breath.

Souna:

"Sweetie, I've been making compromises for ages, no one knows that better than me," the Bartender smiled as he picked up his usual glass and continued his idle cleaning.

Umbra:

The apparition of his sibling gave a dry chuckle as she stepped closer, looping her arm around the dapper Ash's neck as she followed his lead.

"Far better then any woman you've been with, 'dear' brother," she mocked with a smirk, "I see that your charm has remained as abrasive as ever."

The Ash gave an air of mock-insult. After all, giving a look was difficult if no-one could see your face.

"Softer than all my landings combined, and if I recall properly, all of yours too. It has been far, far too long Lyse. I can't even remember what the front of your gun looks like anymore."

Gaius downed a glass of the scotch, taking a deep breath when he swallowed. He poured himself another glass and this time sipped it slowly, savoring the taste. He turned around in his chair, drink in hand, and looked around the room. He saw the other Ash dancing with someone, and smiled. It was nice to see a Tenno dancing. Gaius himself had never really danced with someone before. He knew a little bit about how to dance based off old world videos and books his personal Cephalon had decoded for him. He looked over and saw two other Tenno conversing. From what he recalled, those two had been conversing since they arrived, but his memory failed him in the recollection of the full details. He was happy though to see Tenno conversing happily as it felt like such a rarity. Maybe this place wasn't so bad after all. Taking another sip from his drink, Gaius looked over at Magdalene. She seemed pretty shook up by the actions of the Bartender. 

"I wonder if more people will end up here." Gaius said aloud. 

Souna doesn't even try to engage in comparing who's compromises might have been bigger - first, she's probably bound to loose here, and second she puts her faith in other ways of determining someone's worth. Ways that usually don't apply well to civilians, but it bothers her not.

"Being locked in here for who-knows-how-long, with nothing but strange guests and a glass to polish? That sure is a hefty price to pay." She looks at the glass, the thought crossing her mind how many glasses he would have polished into nothing but glass-dust in a rag by now if real laws applied here. No matter asking, though.

After onther look around and a polite, elegant nod towards Gaius, whom she caught looking towards her and Fulgurus, she tells the bartender: "I probably would not have paid it for this." It's not meant offensive in any way, it's just a statement to hint that she probably has her priorities set in a very different way from him. And maybe Fulgurus will throw in his opinion too, so she would have gained more knowledge again.

"I'd better be learning new stuff, training. But instead were sitting here, waiting for something to happen and doing absolutely nothing related to war. No offence, barman, but I'm not the one who can sit in places like this for long. Sorry."

Fulgurus talked and was circling his finger on the table.

After that, Fulgurus stopped talking. He thought about getting outta here and was listening to others talk.

Edited by XionicoRX

Gaius:

"Baby, everyone makes their way through here at some point or another," the Bartender explains, eyes still fixed on the pristine glass in his hands

Souna:

"It's a fate I'd never wish on another, and one that I happily take on. After all, I voluntarily put myself in this position, and I'm the only one who can do what it is I do."

The Bartender's words are honeyed and sincere. Even if it doesn't look like it, it seems as if this man has made an immense sacrifice. As if he's made many sacrifices, ones that cost him dearly, despite the smile on his face.

Umbra:

"It has certainly been awhile," Lysandra said softly, stepping in tune to her brother as they continued their dance.

"But has it been long enough for you to forget what you've done?" the specter of his sibling questioned, raising an accusative eye-brow as she raised her brother's hand above her head for a twirl. As vague as the words were, Umbra would know what she was specifically referencing. Something involving an unstable reactor, and a lot of innocent deaths.

Edited by SpaceHelicopters

Souna is a little suprise by the suddenly talkative, but also very honest bartender. He might try to keep his mysterious figure, but at least he's not that obscure anymore. A change the woman welcomes a lot.

"The gun to the head is not the only way to be forced, hm?" she ponders, her eyes fixed onto the bartender. "Sounds like the kind of story fit to teach quite a lesson. How about you impart us some of your wisdom?" There is no even the slightest hint of sarcasm in her voice. Despite her words that could be seen as mockery, she is indeed interested in the tale this man would tell. Other than Fulgurus, who strived back into his old life, Souna is one to leave behind what she can't take with her, learn the rules of her new surroundings and play by them before she gets seriously hurt. And she is sure that the bartender's story will, if he tells it, be most illuminating.

With the bartender being far more intesting than Fulgurus could possibly be, lacking memories and tales to tell, she only passes him a slight glance when his words sound as if he was leaving. "I doubt the bouncer's gonna let you go." she reminds him, her tone a slight warning not to stir up trouble again.

"Really, sis? You think I'd forget something like that?" Umbra replied. "It'll never be long enough to forget, and I'd die before I'd forget it. Only a madman would forget something like that and think it never happened."

Umbra refused to forget that day. It may have been a black mark on his history, slightly more visible from all the other more-grey-to-be-entirely-honest marks, but forgetting those sordid details tended to end up with the forget-ee repeating those mistakes, in what was often a much, MUCH worse manner.

Fulgurus:

"But Baby," the Bartender chuckled as he shook his head, "What better place to learn than a bar?"

He then nodded at the woman next to him's words, "I'd listen to her, the 'pretty one' didn't even touch him and everyone payed the price."

Given the context, Mag's ears perked up a bit as she heard herself referred to as the 'pretty one'. She didn't move, though. She just continued to rest her head on her arms.

Souna:

"And what a story it is, Sweetie," the man behind the counter boasted with a smile, "However, my story is not one that is told, but one that is witnessed. I'm afraid I can't be anymore specific than that." 

His hands paused a moment as his eyes studied the glass in his hands, as if looking for a spot on the spotless glass. He then let out an endearing sigh as he slowly looked up from the bar, staring past the dark walls of the Lounge, smile unwavering.

"However, my wisdom is quite vast. There's not one question I can't answer, however there are a few I refuse to. So tell me," he said as he leaned against the counter and clasped his hands under his chin, his smile taking on a mischievous, yet still endearing form, "what information do you seek, Sweetheart?"

Umbra:

"Good, then you at least remember why that gun is so quickly raised to your head," Lysandra sighed as she leaned back for a dip. 

The apparition was silent for a while, until she finally said, "You know, I can't forgive you until you explain it to me. Until then, we can't really call ourselves a family."

Edited by SpaceHelicopters

To the vigilant observer, it's apparent that Souna is not really fond of another woman being called 'pretty one' right in front of her. However, now that she has the bartender willing to listen to her questions, she sees bigger opportunities at hand.

"Everyone has those 'some' questions which he will not answer, I guess." she answers, thinking about how she can put her questions in a way that he will neither refuse answering, nor they are a meaningless waste of this chance. After all, bombarding him with questions faster than a Grakata would be enormously ignoble and disgraceful for a lady like herself.

After a few moments of consideration, she finally has decided on her first question: "Who were you before you stayed here?"

"Ya, that's a good question." Gaius said, turning to the Bartender. He finished his glass and looked intently at the Bartender, wanting an answer to the question. Gaius actually had a lot of questions for the Bartender, but he was unsure as to what he should ask him. The girl's question would be a good place to start however.

Gaius and Souna:

"You ain't gonna like the answer, Sweetheart," the Bartender confessed, now using his glass rag to wipe the counter in front of him. Wasn't exactly necessary, the varnished surface was completely flawless. 

"I've always been here, and so have the other two. Granted we've all changed quite a bit since this all began, we've been here ever since I opened this place." He stopped his cleaning and turned to face the shelves, retrieving an old photo hidden behind a row of bottles. 

Smiling as he reminisced, he placed the photo down on the counter for them to see. It was definitely the three in the picture, only the Bartender and the Pianist were sporting outdated hairstyles, and the Lounge appeared smaller and not as furnished.

However, two things stood out in the yellowed picture; the Pianist had his other arm, and there was another man in the picture to the left of the Bartender. He was dressed similarly to the Bartender, but there was something off about his stance, and his smile seemed... sinister. It was as if he were the Bartender's polar opposite.

Umbra:

"Good, then you at least remember why that gun is so quickly raised to your head," Lysandra sighed as she leaned back for a dip. 

The apparition was silent for a while, until she finally said, "You know, I can't forgive you until you explain it to me. Until then, we can't really call ourselves a family."

Umbra shared the silence until it became a great-times-eight grandparent before finally speaking.

"I screwed up, alright? I made one mistake, one slip-up, one thing I couldn't fix, and everything literally blew up from there. Only one guy out of the eight that went in could stabilize that reactor, and he said 'leave them to die.'" He fell silent again. "I'm sorry, and I never will stop being sorry, and if I could go back and fix it, I would. You know that more than anyone, sis."

Souna is hardly impressed at all by the bartenders foreshadowing. Sure, it's not the answer she expected - but it's a very informative one nevertheless. That the man shows them the picture suprises her alot, she had expected him to give minimal answers, and rather ominous ones as well.

She looked at the image, leaving some room for Gaius to look up close as well, and memorizing it. If she had her frame, she probably would have scanned it for the records. But her memoy is not that bad either.

"If this was a horror story, that man..." she said, pointing at the sinister man on the picture. "...did take the other half of the pianist's talent and opened his own bar. A more shady one, from the looks of it." She looks at the bartender, apparently not completely ruling out the possibility of this actually being a horror story. After all, the circumstances were pretty novel-ish already, with the little that she knows about this place.

Gaius looked at the picture, taking note of its age. The three of them where there, just like the Bartender said,but the sinister looking one was discomforting. He tried to think about who the man could be in relation to the Bartender, but Gaius's own answers seemed about as far off as a the one armed Pianist playing better than any man could with three. With his curiosity getting the better of him, Gaius finally decided to ask the Bartender. "Bartender, what can you tell me about this man here, the one on your left?"