Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm In A Relationship...

Djangofett

Why?

Some don't consider online relationships "real", even if you've met irl.

After going through a couple, I'm eh on them.  They're a nice way to make a connection but too many are comfortable keeping the monitor between them and I have no interest.

Some don't consider online relationships "real", even if you've met irl.

I know of these people, but the same goes for online friendships.

You're not my "real" friend because I've never met you irl.

Which is BS, a social link can be formed to a great extent even if you're in different countries. True, some things cannot work, such as the human need for touch as well as real life interactions, but to say that it isn't "real" is as true as a NASA skeptic's statement on the moon landing.

To me, so as long as the couple have met irl once, then it's fine. 

Edited by TheErebus.

Which is BS, a social link can be formed to a great extent even if you're in different countries. True, some things cannot work, such as the human need for touch as well as real life interactions, but to say that it isn't "real" is as true as a NASA skeptic's statement on the moon landing.

Oh I agree - I've had some lasting and satisfying relationships/friendships via the internet.  I've just lost interest in the relationship aspect due to the chance of having a physical connection being almost non existent because the other person is comfortable with how things are.

For me, an online relationship should be the start to something great.  One of you moves closer to the other, or both move and start out together kind of thing.  

Why?

Because from the sound of it, you're going to meet in person for the first time in a few days. I'm sorry, I'm a #$&(%, if you find love or whatever, that's great.

Like, I agree with you on the friendship thing, hell, I like my gaming friends more than my IRL friends.

I've just lost interest in the relationship aspect due to the chance of having a physical connection being almost non existent because the other person is comfortable with how things are.

I've lost interest in relationships because I'm too mentally unstable to maintain them. I'll just let ya interpret that however you want...