Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simulor Too Weak [Pvp]

Cool3303

So I tried out the new Simulor in PVP and it is Horrible.

Let me give you a short rundown:

The Arsenal Screen is completely wrong again -__-

The Simulor shoots small Bubbles that attract each other:

After fusing 2 Bubbles all enemies within 5/10? metres range receive 20-30 Points Damage and get staggered/knockedback.

If a Bubble consists of 4 or more bubbles it will change into a singularity and have a stronger pull to Bubbles and also pull Players a bit.(the Explosion still works the same way)

Additionally it deals 8-10 Dmg in 5 metre range each tick

Pressing rightclick will detonate the Bubbles/Singularities which does whatever damage it wants and inflicts a electric proc

The problems are:

The damage is half as low compared to a Lex prime and the AOE and Stagger would remedy that IF

you wouldn't need 4 shots to charge up a singularity (that takes 2 seconds to do if you "hit all bubbles")

Additionally the reload is EXTREMELY long and you have to comit to shooting atleast 2 bubbles because a single bubble is useless.

And the biggest downfall currently is that your only chance to do damage is stacking up a singularity as trap or shooting on a unorganized groupfight since any single player will instantly rushcopter you after the first stagger/dmg he gets

Possible Solutions:

Double Firerate and reload to allow placing bubbles faster.

Hitting a player triggers another shot/damage pulse to avoid getting rushed/coptered because a player decided that he doesnt want to stay in that dmg radius

A much bigger pull radius (not damage radius) to force players towards the singularities you place instead of just running around them

Edited by Cool3303

Might as well include every weapon that's not puncture based, a soma p and kogake.

Hell the Angstrum is total garbage. You'll waste your entire reserve just to kill a single dude and that's not factoring the guy coptering away or someone else stealing your kill because you need a 2s break every shot. Charging makes shots go everywhere, not even remotely close to killing the dude when all three rockets have to be dealing max splash damage to kill a pre-buff excal, and the only way to reliably use single shot and direct impact is if the guy is slowly walking right at you, and with the mobility of the game...yeah good luck with that.

Sicarus/P is also garbage. With the amount of players using tanky warframes, it takes an entire clip just to get close to downing the player, and only if you manage to land all the shots.

Viper... I don't even know why this exists.

There are so many weapons that are outclassed in every way possible. Just find weapons that don't appear often in PvP. If nobody uses it, it's underpowered, with how much Warframe's PvP community loves easy kills.

Might as well include every weapon that's not puncture based, a soma p and kogake.

Hell the Angstrum is total garbage. You'll waste your entire reserve just to kill a single dude and that's not factoring the guy coptering away or someone else stealing your kill because you need a 2s break every shot. Charging makes shots go everywhere, not even remotely close to killing the dude when all three rockets have to be dealing max splash damage to kill a pre-buff excal, and the only way to reliably use single shot and direct impact is if the guy is slowly walking right at you, and with the mobility of the game...yeah good luck with that.

Sicarus/P is also garbage. With the amount of players using tanky warframes, it takes an entire clip just to get close to downing the player, and only if you manage to land all the shots.

There are so many weapons that are outclassed in every way possible. Just find weapons that don't appear often in PvP. If nobody uses it, it's underpowered, with how much Warframe's PvP community loves easy kills.

Off-topic: I agree and you should probably start a new thread on this or bump one of the older ones discussing these weapons. After they replaced the utility mods with the corrupted ones, some weapons are severely lacking, even more than before.

And nothing has been done about the balance for a while, I just hope they don't think they're done adjusting the existing arsenal.

On-topic: Sorry, can't really say much because I don't have it yet. Maybe the idea is to use it for the staggers and not the damage? For example, have you tried creating some bubbles on your Cephalon in CTC?

On-topic: Sorry, can't really say much because I don't have it yet. Maybe the idea is to use it for the staggers and not the damage? For example, have you tried creating some bubbles on your Cephalon in CTC?

The Cephs are way too open with each Map having 3 Attack Paths, and planting it ontop is useless everywhere except in the corpus map since the stagger doesnt exactly remove momentum

Hell the Angstrum is total garbage.

Some of these weapons need some love but I think they are generally "usable" (for whatever that means)

Additionally all of the weapons you listed are rather ... generic (except angstrum which I found ok to use, it is a onehit afterall)

Of course there will always be an best Assault Rifle but I also want an usable black hole generator

I guess I can see that happening with CTC, like placing down C4 on a flag and detonating it if anyone gets close. But I feel like it's a complete waste of time considering that it's probably only going to get one person and knowing how people play CTC, with copters and shiet, it's just going to delay the inevitable, hell you probably won't have enough time to set up another trap for the next person nor will you be able to kill that guy, might as well just bring an AR and spray the fool.

Maybe staggering might work with a team, but personally, I don't like the prospect of someone able to continuously stagger/stun until the guy die. It's literally a cop out, no risk kill.

I personally haven't got the weapon, but from what it sounds like, I think this is something you use while being chased or like a explosive glaive. Because first, the orbs are easy to spot and are manually detonated, so traps is out of the question unless you plan to stare at a path for the entire game. Second, the range of the weapon isn't that good, so you can't lob it like a Penta. So the only ways of using it would be either in a close quarter situation that you know the guy is certainly coming around the corner and won't be able to spot the orb while you're in its sight line in order to know when to detonate, or fire one at a time and exploding each in the guy's face.

Some of these weapons need some love but I think they are generally "usable" (for whatever that means)

Additionally all of the weapons you listed are rather ... generic (except angstrum which I found ok to use, it is a onehit afterall)

Of course there will always be an best Assault Rifle but I also want an usable black hole generator

Every weapon is usable, they can down enemies, but it doesn't mean they're competitive in the meta

With the current meta of everyone running high armor Warframes and combined with the fact that Excal, a starter frame got an insane armor buff of 225 for a 1.0 movement speed frame, puncture weapons are pretty much the go to when it drastically reduces kill time against armor. Yes you still can use a Braton P, but going head to head with a Boltor P will not end well. At the same time, the kill time for many of those weapons are way too slow to prevent copter escapes even if you put a solid second of shots into the guy, which is another aspect of the meta, everyone uses melees that have easy copter to wuss out of every situation.

But seriously though, you have to be at suicidal range with the angstrum to get close to a one shot kill on pretty much every player because of the high armor meta, just to get the charged rockets close enough to deal max explosive damage on all three hits. But then again, this is not factoring in headshots, which I assume you can get in PvP with explosives....

Generic or not, these weapons aren't balanced, I'm guessing "generic" refers to the plain "shoots bullets" part. Hell they should be balancing generic weapons first because they should be the easiest to balance, it's just straight up weapon statistics, no travel time, no secondary fire. Besides, burst fire, in most games, are actually treated as a quirk, giving that category of weapons a faster kill time because of how difficult it is to land all the shots, it's more punishing than autos with burst delays, and more punishing than semi autos when not all of the bullets in a burst connect because semi autos you shoot and forget, while you gotta stay on target with burst. But in Warframe, Sicarus has the same standardized DPS as with other weapons.