Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1.0 Vs 2.0 ( An Ode To Parkour )

PookieNumnums

I think removing coptering will just make the efficient grind, longer...  and give less rewards for speed runners... Never had a problem with coptering I use it when I find it the most convinient,and sometimes it's very usefull.
For some of the boring grind I don't even use melee...
I don't understand the people who hates it and most of their arguments, since when to apreciate a map as something to do with coptering... you can do it anyways.. with or without it...  I see another argument that is mindless jumping and rushing, wich isn't true.. it's just way to move faster... the most efficient way to move faster... and to reach high places, and most efficient way to dodge groups of enemies that block small doors, or avoid enemies one shot you in ridiculous sitiuations. Other argument is that Parkour 2.0 will grant you this anyway and that it's better... and as far as I know theres no obstacle course with parkour 2.0 running... so nobody tried it , and they defend it without even knowing how it is...
And in my opinion from what I saw this new wall bumping is really worst than wallrunning or coptering, because you just have to run looking to walls..losing awareness of the field\map\enemies and if theres no walls, you just lose a lot of mobility,speed and dodge capacity...

Lets face it, DE's demo of the new parkor really didn't do it any justice.

Firstly it is in a room that just isn't great for parkor.

Secondly we have all seen Rebecca play, and (no offence to her) she isn't that great at most of the parkor stuff.

Thirdly, Rebecca is also relearning the movement set, so is likely doing things the parkor 1.0 needed but the parkor 2.0 does differently (making a lot of errors).  Despite the fact that she was very bouncy with the new system too.

You basically have to compare the video to a new player using the current parkor system to really see the perks of it, not a veteran.

Sure you are used to the current system and have likely been using it for over 1000 hours... take the essence of parkor 2.0 and what do you really see being able to accomplish with it ?  For me (presuming it doesn't have the non-responsiveness of the current system) I can see players with good skill in the current parkor being able to accomplish insane fluid movement across even the existing maps given the apparent control they will have with it.

Sure it may overall start out slower but that means instead of ignoring the slow speed of sprinting frames (because "you can just copter") it may actually finally get addressed.

Edited by Loswaith