Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 8 Release Date

L3YvaT3N

So if you are following the news around update 8 you might have heard that the next livestream wont be the 22 of may but the 29.

They said somewhere (I believe it was their last livestream.) that the next livestream will be after update 8.

Friday update 8 anyone?

They are shooting for friday I'm sure, but I am willing to bet they rather get it correct the first time than release game-breaking bugs.

Better safe than sorry but I think they already did push it back with the release of vauban.

Anyway I'm hoping it will be out on friday or so so that I can instantly no life when my exams are over.

They are shooting for friday I'm sure, but I am willing to bet they rather get it correct the first time than release game-breaking bugs.

Guess that's what the beta community is for. Rather than spending hours searching for bugs yourself (particularly in a small group of testers), you better let the community do the bug hunting and focus on adding new working content.

As I see it, all high-priority bugs have always been removed as soon as possible so it's not like the game is next to 'unplayable'.

There have been many threads on this matter in the past few weeks - there may be slightly less currently as the 7.11 update hit and people are..how can I put this..being supremely constructive and useful in their feedback on various things.

Update 8 will hit when it hits. In the previous livestream, it was said (and I quote verbatim) that "we will TRY to get update 8 out in the next two weeks" however as DERebecca posted along with the 7.11 update, they are moving the guesstimate of two weeks from then onwards.

In short, it'll be done when its done, hopefully and probably before the first weekend of June. If we're lucky. And nice to each other. And maybe send some treats to the DE folks. Pizza, maybe. Cookies too.

Guess that's what the beta community is for. Rather than spending hours searching for bugs yourself (particularly in a small group of testers), you better let the community do the bug hunting and focus on adding new working content.

As I see it, all high-priority bugs have always been removed as soon as possible so it's not like the game is next to 'unplayable'.

You obviously haven't been on the forum since the last patch, because many people don't see themselves as Beta Testers here, they just complain and whine about changes instead of giving constructive feedback.

They said in the livestream #5 "More than one week, less than two weeks". Technically less than two weeks is today at the latest, but I figure two weeks is tomorrow and that's good. It gives them a chance to respond to issues that come up (because there will be some) before the weekend, and it keeps them true to their word.

When was the original Update 7 released? March 18th, on a Monday.

Friday isn't their regular release schedule. I wouldn't get used to that. If it comes Friday it comes Friday, but I'm pulling for Wednesday.

You obviously haven't been on the forum since the last patch, because many people don't see themselves as Beta Testers here, they just complain and whine about changes instead of giving constructive feedback.

Never dropped a word about 'the community seeing itself as beta testers'. That's just the original idea of beta phases.

Never dropped a word about 'the community seeing itself as beta testers'. That's just the original idea of beta phases.

and that's the closed beta now isn't it? Open beta is when you have a pretty well "finished" product, and are more or less putting the polish on for initial release. (atleast, that's how I understand it)