Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Improving Our Community

NeoDarkSider

Feedback: The return of information about the result of a process or activity; an evaluative response.

Entitled: An attitude, demeanor, or air of rudeness, ungraciousness or combativeness, especially when making excessive demands for service.

Entitlement: Belief that one is deserving of or entitled to certain privileges.

Opinion: A view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter.

Suggestion: Something suggested, as a piece of advice.

It is my opinion that too many players are overreacting to the feedback, opinions, and suggestions from warframe players in a negative matter. And some players are posting feedback in a way that comes off as being entitled, intentional or otherwise. Warframe is in open beta. The players are encouraged to give feedback to improve the game. Their feedback will contain opinions and/or suggestions.

Players giving feedback please take a second and post in a manner that doesn't come off as feeling entitled.

Overreacting players please take a second and remove the entitlement reaction feeling before responding.

ie***

Entitled player "We should start out with more than two warframe slots!"

Tempered rational player opinion: "Two warframe slots is too limiting." suggestion: "Unlock slots from mastery levels."

Overreacting response "NO!!!!! Game is Free, Don't be so entitled. Just pay to unlock slots."

Tempered rational response "Warframe slots are for your convenience and doesn't stop/slow your progess in the game. All free to play games have some form of limited convenience to encourage players to pay so the company can stay profitable. Maybe DE will compromise and unlock slots every few mastery levels."

I want to encourage the community to try to be more professional, respectful and constructive in your feedback and response. Try to keep our beloved warframe community positive.

***Disclaimer

This is a work of fiction. Names, character, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. 

I think the term for this is preaching to the choir. Anyone who took the time to read through the OP is likely already following the guidelines set. It's a nice gesture, but I really don't think that a post like this will actually convince people to change noticeably. 

I think the term for this is preaching to the choir. Anyone who took the time to read through the OP is likely already following the guidelines set. It's a nice gesture, but I really don't think that a post like this will actually convince people to change noticeably. 

Sadly I agree. The one thing those of us who put in the time to post, and read the forums is we all have a passion for the game. People will express that differently, and there's not much we can do about it. All we have are the fine mod staff and Rebecca to curtail or promote things when necessary.

What I cant stand is when someone says something, but doesnt justify it. 

"Rhino is now useless." is not helpful.

"Rhino is now less useful. The amount of damage he is taking while X is effecting Y. I feel that Y is fine, but X is where the issue comes up. Because X is so ...."

I think most of this is just baggage that comes with a larger community, i.e. Sturgeon's Law. There are good critics and there are bad critics, and it's harder to hear the 100 good ones against 900 bad ones than it was to hear 10 good ones against 90 bad ones.