The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Idea To Make New Players Lives Easier (From A Guy With A Primed Chamber And Over 170 Weapons)

Fullmetal_Underpants

so one of the biggest problems getting into this game is simply not having much to work with in the lines of your frame, available mod points, underwhelming lack of cores with new things and having to rely on strangers for help. instead of giving players 50 platinum to start the game, why don't we give them instead... a few more interesting rewards for completing the tutorial... example...

get a reward for each step you complete of the tutorial.

by the end of the tutorial, you get

2 warframe slots

4 weapon slots

1 catalyst

1 reactor

1 aura mod ~~  not an existing mod, but a sort of placeholder aura.  this aura will have no polarity, no ranks and give no increase to any stat or passive utility, but will give 10 mod points to the frame, allowing new players to have a bit of a head start with customization.  this mod will not give bonus points for matching a neutral polarity, nor will it lose points for being on a non-matching polarity.

as for basic progression in the game, a sense of which can be accomplished with some simple unlocks, example, clear venus, get a weapon slot, clear earth (not counting level 20 vay hek or the raid) get a second weapon slot, clear mars, get a warframe slot and follow this pattern until you run out of planets.  this may sound like a big loss on platinum on DE's part, but in reality, it's a very small taste of what's to offer that players can earn on their own and in the end, players will still be stuck buying tons of slots if they want to amass a respectable arsenal.

for example, i have about 175 weapons at my disposal betwen primaries secondaries and melee. if this system were implemented, i would still have had to pay for  well over 150 of them. net loss to DE: nothing in the long run, because if i were just starting out, i would have enough hard-earned variety to still enjoy the game, while still having to be picky about what frames i kept and tossed.

players would still have to pay for vanities

new players would still have to work, but would have enough space for a little variety as to not get bored too fast.

and i know one of the first arguments i get almost every time i bring something up like this is usually. "but you can trade rare stuff you get for plat and get more slots!"  that's nice, but how many new players come across something that you would pay for that they don't need? i can tell you that they should be cherishing every core they encounter and the last thing they need to be doing is selling every useful mod they come across for 1-5 platinum at a time in the hopes of getting that new slot that they now won't have any mods for because they spent most of their resources on the empty slot to put the frame or weapon in. it's a garbage argument and you all know it.

Thats actually a nicely proposed idea with no "de-buffs" in the point of asking for something. Newbies would appreciate it a sh**-ton. Could attract more players.

Good idea indeed. I've seen many people get overwhelmed or just not get interested in the game because of sub-optimal new player experience.

One irrelevant comment on your title, I don't see how you having a primed chamber and over 170 weapons matter here.

Good idea indeed. I've seen many people get overwhelmed or just not get interested in the game because of sub-optimal new player experience.

One irrelevant comment on your title, I don't see how you having a primed chamber and over 170 weapons matter here.

while irrelevant, it's honestly only there as a point of saying i've been around a while long enough to have an idea what i'm talking about. i've seen nearly everything this game's arsenal has to offer and am dedicated to this game enough to have gotten my hands on that particular mod.