Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has Excal Prime Gotten His Pbr Update Yet?

Eyeless

I didn't quite know where to ask this and figured it'd attract the least amount of salt here. 

I'm asking because as of now when using Excalibur's immortal skin on him it gets incredibly glossy, whereas using it before used to match Excalibur's more matt finish and I was able to blend it well with stock Excalibur helmets provided I used lighter tinges. 

However now that I'm testing with darker hues the difference in texturing is very apparent. 

In this example I'm going to use every edge-master's favorite black and reds (ughk!) See here how glossy he is with his reds and blacks even with the Immortal Skin, which used to match normal Excalibur's tint (which perhaps changed after ​he was PBR'd!)  

0Zh1aUa.jpg

Now I'm going to put on a stock helmet.

VpJ1k6S.jpg

NSHv6mn.jpg

I simply have my doubts about it being a difference in whether he was PBR'd or not because look at those metallic mottles and sheens.

UMTMIqN.jpg

yyDMnYp.jpg

XDzc76t.jpg

I'd compare to normal Excalibur but I leveled and sold him back in the day a while after I contributed what I could to the game at the time with the Hunters package. Sorry for lack of a true comparison over that, but perhaps some of you can show off some better comparisons. 

This tint difference between Primes isn't news, but after an update one day I genuinely thought they'd touched up Excalibur Prime from how suddenly shiny he was, as DE's been slipping in nice subtle bits of detail into a lot of their Primes. Frost Prime used to be very plain and boring, but just a few weeks ago he now has gold on his gauntlets and flecking all along his backpack of sorts. 

I know DE's been busy touching up their game's aesthetic so I came here wondering whether I'm just experiencing a nice temporary visual upgrade of if the Salter has officially been PBR'd. 

pARL8uo.png

Edited by Hastur609

None of the immortal skins have been updated to PBR....if that's what you're asking?

As for ExcalPrime...cannot test myself.

Since i do have VoltPrime though, switching between immortal skin and 'default' skin is like switching from really nice texture work with PBR, to a plastic toy model with the immortal skin.

None of the immortal skins have been updated to PBR....if that's what you're asking?

As for ExcalPrime...cannot test myself.

Since i do have VoltPrime though, switching between immortal skin and 'default' skin is like switching from really nice texture work with PBR, to a plastic toy model with the immortal skin.

Erm.. Read the topic title? 

I didn't know the Immortal Skins were in need of PBRing, thanks for that info though. 

@GordoFreeman

Is it really contingent upon that? Frost Prime has way better texturing now, as well as more gold bits. 

Edited by Hastur609

I didn't know the Immortal Skins were in need of PBRing, thanks for that info though. 

@GordoFreeman

Is it really contingent upon that? Frost Prime has way better texturing now, as well as more gold bits. 

PBR on primes weapons/frames/armours lets you color the golden bits. For better proof compare the golden bits with the newer primes (that are PBR): nova and volt (and smoke when he comes out :P)

Edited by GordoFreeman

No need to get snarky...ExcalPrime uses the immortal skin too. Which you used as an example. Immortal skins, irrespective of whether the frame has been given a PBR pass, still use the old render technique.

I imagine testing to see if your Excalprime has had a PBR pass would only require to check if you can colour the gold plates....like all the Primes with PBR can. I can't do so.

No need to get snarky...ExcalPrime uses the immortal skin too. Which you used as an example. Immortal skins, irrespective of whether the frame has been given a PBR pass, still use the old render technique.

I imagine testing to see if your Excalprime has had a PBR pass would only require to check if you can colour the gold plates....like all the Primes with PBR can. I can't do so.

Apologies, not trying to get too snarky, but I had the title with the question there so it was a little exasperating on first read is all. 

I understand with the Immortal Skins then.