The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Master Forma Solution

(PSN)DesecratedFlame

I have an idea that would balance this up.

How about, limiting the total amount of EXP a player can get daily. 

Just like syndicates  or conclave, BUT, it will be by far larger. Let's say... 250,000 per mastery rank, thus at MR10, you would only have a cap of 2 million and a half EXP. If the wiki or my assumptions are right, it would allow a to completely rank up 1 Warframe and a few weapons/day. That would sorta prevent people from leveling up to 10-20 weapons/day. 

Additionally, people with prime access or Affinity boosters, would get their cap doubled.

That would encourage players to actually use the formas they've earned (as previously stated) and possibly buy more affinity boosters for the sake of leveling faster, thus generating profit for DE.

Edited by RavenCorella

I have an idea that would balance this up.

How about, limiting the total amount of EXP a player can get daily. 

Just like syndicates  or conclave, BUT, it will be by far larger. Let's say... 250,000 per mastery rank, thus at MR10, you would only have a cap of 2 million and a half EXP. If the wiki or my assumptions are right, it would allow a to completely rank up 1 Warframe and a few weapons/day. That would sorta prevent people from leveling up to 10-20 weapons/day. 

Additionally, people with prime access or Affinity boosters, would get their cap doubled.

That would encourage players to actually use the formas they've earned (as previously stated) and possibly buy more affinity boosters for the sake of leveling faster, thus generating profit for DE.

yes, add more restrictions to players. People loved the syndicate cap.

Yes, but at least not everyone is level 5 in 4 syndicates within 2 days as they hoped, it takes almost a month, unless you do it right. 

Those restrictions did work, despite people disliking them. 

If you will, it's a win-win, we get an actual beneficial use for formas while increasing DE's profit. 

Yes, but at least not everyone is level 5 in 4 syndicates within 2 days as they hoped, it takes almost a month, unless you do it right. 

Those restrictions did work, despite people disliking them. 

If you will, it's a win-win, we get an actual beneficial use for formas while increasing DE's profit. 

I just hope DE see's how well this could do both for them and for us.

At this point we've got to do something powerful in order for them to notice now. My best suggestion would be to message the Dev's about it, all of them whenever you have the opportunity to. If we catch more of their direct attention, then they'll be forced to actually pay attention to what we're saying.

No one is casting any stones.  It's my opinion which goes against your idea.  If you come up with an idea not everyone is going to agree with it.

Even with the level 25 cap SiiNN321's many points above are right, and I'll maintain my opinion that the word mastery describes mastering something.  If you skip the difficult part of using a weapon (that is going into a fight with it while it is weaker and unranked) then there's nothing being mastered at all.

The burnout isn't coming from us forma'ing our weapons.  It's coming from needless grind for items with infinitesimally small drop rates.  Playing the same missions dozens/hundreds of times to not get that prime part, etc.  Not having a system that allows us to trade in 25 copies of an unwanted prime part for the one we really want, etc.  (It's not only primes, the same would apply for stalker gear, detron, brakk, etc.)  I mean if we got 20 copies of a dread BP, why can't we trade it in for a despair bp?

Burnout also happens from playing certain missions over and over in hopes of getting a particular mod only being left disappointed.

It can be argued that players need to control themselves, but there's also a balance that needs to be maintained between what is considered to be a fair amount of effort to achieve a fair amount of progression.

I'll say before I make my point that I am not siding with this, nor do I like that this is possible, but most people don't even use x weapon when they are leveling it, thus your argument that re-leveling it is part of mastering it is, for most people, wrong as they don't even touch the darn thing.

[EDIT] I may have given the impression that I am NOT one of these people. That is not true u.u

I use Valkyr and a good Melee then I farm ODDs' it's a relatively fun and also effective way of getting affinity as Wave 20 gets me to around rank 25.

Edited by (PS4)LIGHTNINGCOMBAT

I'll say before I make my point that I am not siding with these people, nor do I like that this is possible, but most people don't even use x weapon when they are leveling it, thus your argument that re-leveling it is part of mastering it is, for most people, wrong as they don't even touch the darn thing.

Of course they don't.  Trying to use an unraked Amprex is suffering.  If I could use 10, 15, or even 25 levels of my Amprex immediately after a forma, then I would actually use it while leveling it.

Of course they don't.  Trying to use an unraked Amprex is suffering.  If I could use 10, 15, or even 25 levels of my Amprex immediately after a forma, then I would actually use it while leveling it.

Indeed. It's suffering. I edited my above post, take a look if you care.

Edited by (PS4)LIGHTNINGCOMBAT

This is an interesting idea.

Id cap it at 15 though. Heres why.

The 2 topics below, describe a new MR system and a proposed lock of powerleveling areas. Please read them carefully.

Making Mr Relevant Again

Power Leveling VS Frame Experience (Inspired by but not about Draco Threads)

So, while I've already expressed my thoughts on this idea. I'd like to address the idea of a cap: discussing a cap at this moment in time, at least the way you are, is pointless.

Why? Because the current max MR rank we can reach is 19! So think of it less in terms of "would being able to instantly forma a thing at max rank be broken?", and more: "would having my formaed item start at 19 be broken?"

Because it's gonna be a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time before we get anywhere close to worrying about MR 30.

Personally I think having my weapons reset to level 19 would be pretty reasonable. Still a good amount of work there, but that's a nice amount of time saved.

So, while I've already expressed my thoughts on this idea. I'd like to address the idea of a cap: discussing a cap at this moment in time, at least the way you are, is pointless.

Why? Because the current max MR rank we can reach is 19! So think of it less in terms of "would being able to instantly forma a thing at max rank be broken?", and more: "would having my formaed item start at 19 be broken?"

Because it's gonna be a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time before we get anywhere close to worrying about MR 30.

Personally I think having my weapons reset to level 19 would be pretty reasonable. Still a good amount of work there, but that's a nice amount of time saved.

The "current" MR is at 19. Yet Symaris has MR Tests that go to 30.

The 2 topics below, describe a new MR system and a proposed lock of powerleveling areas. Please read them carefully.

Making Mr Relevant Again

Power Leveling VS Frame Experience (Inspired by but not about Draco Threads)

The "current" MR is at 19. Yet Symaris has MR Tests that go to 30.

...Yes. I understand that the ultimate cap for MR is 30. I've looked at the achievements as well.

My statement was more a general one to the various discussions of caps in the entire thread as opposed to directed exclusively to you.

I also lack the desire to seek out and read other threads in order to fully understand your suggestions and the reasons you make them. (Come on man, you couldn't even throw up some links?)

My point was that worrying about MR 30 at this moment in time is absurd, because it'll at least be 2 years before we even get to MR 25, never-mind 30. There's a certain point where planning into the future becomes futile.

If this were to be implemented, the wisest method would be to start with no cap. Gauge the effect it has on game-play, and if it has an undesirable one at any point then you would consider implementing a cap.

...Yes. I understand that the ultimate cap for MR is 30. I've looked at the achievements as well.

My statement was more a general one to the various discussions of caps in the entire thread as opposed to directed exclusively to you.

I also lack the desire to seek out and read other threads in order to fully understand your suggestions and the reasons you make them. (Come on man, you couldn't even throw up some links?)

My point was that worrying about MR 30 at this moment in time is absurd, because it'll at least be 2 years before we even get to MR 25, never-mind 30. There's a certain point where planning into the future becomes futile.

If this were to be implemented, the wisest method would be to start with no cap. Gauge the effect it has on game-play, and if it has an undesirable one at any point then you would consider implementing a cap.

1) no I cant post links from an x1.

2) Try the search option.

3) They decribe a NEW MR systems based on frames owned, not XP.

1) no I cant post links from an x1.

2) Try the search option.

3) They decribe a NEW MR systems based on frames owned, not XP.

*sigh* I guess I'll be civil and post the thread links myself then.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/489901-making-mr-relevant-again/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/488055-power-leveling-vs-frame-experience-inspired-by-but-not-about-draco-threads/

Mmm. Ain't a fan of the idea personally. Though I've always enjoyed watching people be brought by down by their own hubris. It's also just saying what MR is supposed to work out to. Experience with the tools you're using. It doesn't, but that's more a problem with video game players in general and no amount of tests will help with that.

*sigh* I guess I'll be civil and post the thread links myself then.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/489901-making-mr-relevant-again/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/488055-power-leveling-vs-frame-experience-inspired-by-but-not-about-draco-threads/

Mmm. Ain't a fan of the idea personally. Though I've always enjoyed watching people be brought by down by their own hubris. It's also just saying what MR is supposed to work out to. Experience with the tools you're using. It doesn't, but that's more a problem with video game players in general and no amount of tests will help with that.

Thank you for the links.

If you have feedback about those topics, feel free to discuss them there.

I am sure this has been mentioned before but here goes.

Two of the main problems with Warframe are the amount of grinding required, and how Mastery Rank (MR) doesn't seem that important after rank 8.  I think there is a good solution to this.  Two birds with one stone and all that.

When you first get a weapon it should start at rank zero, and you should rank it up to 30 like normal.  However when you forma it, it should reset, not to zero, but to the same rank as your Mastery Rank.  Therefore, if you are MR-10, a newly formaed weapon will be rank 10. If you are MR-17 then a newly formaed weapon would reset to rank 17 instead of zero.

Thoughts? Please, +1 if you agree.  If you don't please post why.

oddly i was thinking of something in relation to this on a whole different spectrum... like a superforma that required 10 normal forma to craft and allowed you to set all polarities on the item without resetting its level.

oddly i was thinking of something in relation to this on a whole different spectrum... like a superforma that required 10 normal forma to craft and allowed you to set all polarities on the item without resetting its level.

Many people including me can add 5 Forma and max the item out 5 times in 1 or 2 days. Making 10 Forma without rushing them with plat takes 10 days. See the problem here?

Unless you intend to spend 500 plat on rushing 50 forma to make 5 superforma and add those 5 superforma to an item in a day, there is no need for superforma.

Edited by Sci_Ant

Earlier in the thread, we talk about capping it at rank 25.  As you should know, each higher rank of a item takes more exp to complete.  If you cap it at 25, that cuts off 2/3 of the grind per item at most.

Power leveling is irrelevant to the discussion. The idea it to make leveling these items through normal play less tedious. That tedium is why people power level in the first place. 

Earlier in the thread, we talk about capping it at rank 25.  As you should know, each higher rank of a item takes more exp to complete.  If you cap it at 25, that cuts off 2/3 of the grind per item at most.

Power leveling is irrelevant to the discussion. The idea it to make leveling these items through normal play less tedious. That tedium is why people power level in the first place. 

15 because its ok to have a little grind. 25 is too much imo.

Calculate this. How much time is saved if you remove the need to level every weapon to 30 for MR fodder?

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Also, if you don't want to use my full name then call me, "Mr. Flame".  I don't recall us being on a first name basis.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame