Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About The Upcoming New Ironskin

Kynian

What if isntead of absorbing 800 damage then breaking, the upcoming new Ironskins works differently? The information given to us was very vague so I made this post.

If it doesn't work this way then, by all means, this is a suggestion.

Given any singular attack from a single enemy he can withstand up to 800 damage at max rank, and if a single attack does more than that then the extra gets directed to his shields/health.

Think of it like this: each attack directed at ironskin that deals less than 800 damage (that damage being diminished by Rhino's defense before it even makes a check against ironskin) is 100% ignored. Any damage that deals more than 800 damage (again, reduced by Rhino's defense) damages Rhino's shields (or health, if his shield's are depleted) by ([the original amount - rhino's defense) - 800]).

Regardless of the cases, Ironskin never breaks - it runs out after some time.

I doubt it is like that, but if it is, it's indeed pretty darn useful, even at high levels I think.

I also suggest it should grant full immunity against poison, drain and other status effects such as ice, fire, electricity, knockdown, knockback and stagger as well. He may receive an upfront damage from all of them (except poison), to be absorbed by the shield, but DoTs and slowing effects would have no effect on him at all.

And, of course, some mods should affect it. Continuity is a given, but Focus would be good to boost the Ironskin shield further. Reach, to increase taunt range.

And most important of all for our tank - Steel Fiber NEEDS to work on damage reduction on Ironskin shields, regular shields and health. Currently, it apparently only works on health damage. That is a huge drawback.

Thoughts?

I'd be happy if they fixed the "bugs" in the current iron skin. Its totally usable, but its not OP broken atm. That being said, I'd want some sort of other Iconic Power in addition to Iron Skin.

About Steel Fiber, its a Flavor Vs Function kind of thing. We all know that Shields are to absorb damage so our precious HP never gets touched. It would be drastically different if Rhino had an ability to heal himself, allowing us to find HP-tanking as acceptable. I dislike using the resources, but if the game takes me to the point where I NEED to at high level play, i'll do it.

Steel Fiber affecting shields would put them UNDER our skin instead of Over our Armor. Flavor wise, that's a hard sell.

But it is one I want to see too.

About Steel Fiber, its a Flavor Vs Function kind of thing. We all know that Shields are to absorb damage so our precious HP never gets touched. It would be drastically different if Rhino had an ability to heal himself, allowing us to find HP-tanking as acceptable. I dislike using the resources, but if the game takes me to the point where I NEED to at high level play, i'll do it.

Steel Fiber affecting shields would put them UNDER our skin instead of Over our Armor. Flavor wise, that's a hard sell.

But it is one I want to see too.

Sorry, I couldn't understand what was it you said about steel fiber. The way it is now, it seems that it only affects health.

What I meant was it that it *should* affect both shields AND health. And the extra shields given by Ironskin as well.

I think its fine as long as it includes toxin and disruptor immunity. It is still incredibly potent, but its main uses are now non existant. But on a more serious note he is now a vaubaliber and not as good as either. If that taunt ends up happening then yes, I suppose that is an effective fix but would the resources be better spent on making his #1 an AoE taunt, and change #3 to the charge that JUST impales the tar outa one thing. So it would end up being taunt/defense, 1v1 dmg and cc, AoE damage and cc. Keeps him super tank and it would make him more "rhino".

What if isntead of absorbing 800 damage then breaking, the upcoming new Ironskins works differently? The information given to us was very vague so I made this post.

If it doesn't work this way then, by all means, this is a suggestion.

Given any singular attack from a single enemy he can withstand up to 800 damage at max rank, and if a single attack does more than that then the extra gets directed to his shields/health.

Think of it like this: each attack directed at ironskin that deals less than 800 damage (that damage being diminished by Rhino's defense before it even makes a check against ironskin) is 100% ignored. Any damage that deals more than 800 damage (again, reduced by Rhino's defense) damages Rhino's shields (or health, if his shield's are depleted) by ([the original amount - rhino's defense) - 800]).

Regardless of the cases, Ironskin never breaks - it runs out after some time.

I doubt it is like that, but if it is, it's indeed pretty darn useful, even at high levels I think.

I also suggest it should grant full immunity against poison, drain and other status effects such as ice, fire, electricity, knockdown, knockback and stagger as well. He may receive an upfront damage from all of them (except poison), to be absorbed by the shield, but DoTs and slowing effects would have no effect on him at all.

And, of course, some mods should affect it. Continuity is a given, but Focus would be good to boost the Ironskin shield further. Reach, to increase taunt range.

And most important of all for our tank - Steel Fiber NEEDS to work on damage reduction on Ironskin shields, regular shields and health. Currently, it apparently only works on health damage. That is a huge drawback.

Thoughts?

No need, just restore IS to it's original state.