Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Batman: Arkham Knight Problems Been Known For Months

TheErebus.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/batman-arkham-knight-pc-problems-were-known-for-mo/1100-6428577/

So allegedly the problems within Arkham Knight were known by Warner Brothers for months, as quality testers have stated that:

""I will say that it's pretty rich for WB to act like they had no idea the game was in such a horrible state," said one unnamed quality assurance tester, which Kotaku claimed had worked on the game."

"It's been like this for months and all the problems we see now were the exact same, unchanged, almost a year ago."

It seems like Arkham Knight is getting more controversy over its horrid PC port.

Note: These claims are not 100% reliable.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-battlefront-dev-we-did-not-want-this-to-/1100-6428586/

So it seems that the Star Wars: Battlefront devs have stated that they don't want the game to be a Battlefield game with star wars written all over it...yeah, and cows can speak French.

I don't buy it, not one bit. 

Edited by TheErebus.

Testing should uncover problems and some of those problem lines of code will be re-coded.  Then that fix may knock other code out of whack.

It is a hard industry to be in. So much is expected, and when it isn't delivered....well we all know what happens next.

I found it hard to understand how a game that is so important to a studio and an IP that is a huge draw to consumers can end up (from what I have read) so badly executed.

Why release in June? Big titles are usually end of year aren't they?

I think the mentality is that the execs think 'we'll fix that later'.  Surely it must lose them sales. At least Wolfenstein, for all it's blood, violence and thunder actually delivered what it said it was going to do.

Two very different games I know. But the point stands; Where is the QA statement for the consumer vs what you advertised and delivered?

I seem to be having fewer hitches than most people with this title.  That doesn't mean it doesn't severely needs to be fixed where performance is concerned.

I loved the game, just disappointed PC users have been getting less than stellar ports for a while now.  Hopefully, this latest sh!tstorm in the wake of Steam refunds (yay!) will have enough impact to mitigate the trend.

2015 has been a rather terrible/decent year so far for gaming.

Terrible in the fact that we're getting a bunch of shovelware games and completely broken releases, with most developers slowly churning fixes or completely negating the issue, like OVERKILL with their port of PAYDAY 2 on Xbox One. As far as I know, there hasn't really been a patch that fixes matchmaking.

The industry has been rather polluted with some cancerous practices and PR tactics. If a game is hyped up enough, the company is going to roll in all of that money and give the fans something completely broken, downgraded, and blame everything on console. Everything seems to be consoles fault nowadays. Discussing something like that will be for another time.

As for the decent part, some good games are coming out sometime soon, from reputable developers and designers. Some games that were released this year weren't too bad, but aren't really good to scoff at either. Steam refunds are a good plus. But so far, the year has been looking bleak with most developers and publishers trying to can up a project that doesn't work. And it hurts.

Poor matchmaking and migrating hosts mid game are two issues I can think of that cause a decent amount of consternation among gamers whether casual or more involved.

The cash pile has been growing year on year, whereas inventiveness has been restricted via a lack of imagination and an unwillingness to spend money developing new ideas. Why not just buy a game engine license like Frostbite and surf off that - it is easier and less expensive. So is producing Blah, Blah 3.

The development studios are aligned to or are the property of giant corporations who are interested in profit, share prices, dividends to investors, happy bankers and happy exchanges. The reality is that for the companies that has to come first. After that the actual teams who love the product and invest their time and energy in it want something that works, sparkles and pleases the consumer.

I have worked in software deployment and user testing for a number of years and the pressure to release and fix later is immense. I pity those in the DE offices who have the same pressures.

When the industry is owned, like the news papers and TV news, by a set of big businesses, we are only going to get what comes out of the pipes they control.

However, every now and then a little light shines through like 'Dishonoured' amongst others. Warframe fits here somewhat, but the in-game purchase thingymajig is too heavy in places...pricing is unbelievable for some items. Another example of the heavy hand of the corporate agents. Of course, we all have a choice.

Edited by (PS4)F1REBLADE-69

I seem to be having fewer hitches than most people with this title.  That doesn't mean it doesn't severely needs to be fixed where performance is concerned.

I loved the game, just disappointed PC users have been getting less than stellar ports for a while now.  Hopefully, this latest sh!tstorm in the wake of Steam refunds (yay!) will have enough impact to mitigate the trend.

What technical reason do you think means PC will contine to get games that appear half-baked? The money issue on Steam could be a massive battering ram if used correctly by consumers and the Steam hierarchy.