Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good mod drops too rare since 5.3, perhaps overnerfed droprate?

Enfo

I've been playing exactly 239 missions since 5.3 and i haven't found a single mod that i thought was amazing.

If it takes even more missions than that to just get a single really good mod and you have several Warframes to fill out, what's even the point of hunting these?

I know that the whole finding something special once in a while is nice, but there is certainly no need to overkill it like alot of games tend to do. This is just going to make the whole farming aspect way too boring, and it shouldn't be like that.

I'd personally like to see a tiny buff to the drop rate of these so that you don't have to expect never getting one.

Any thoughts on this?

I think real challenging content, like REAL bosses should be implemented for actually acquiring amazing mods at a higher rate. The drop rate for anything really good from ordinary "trash" enemies is absolutely tiny but I feel that is how it should be if real time-consuming and skill-challenging bosses were used for getting better quality mods more reliably.

I think real challenging content, like REAL bosses should be implemented for actually acquiring amazing mods at a higher rate. The drop rate for anything really good from ordinary "trash" enemies is absolutely tiny but I feel that is how it should be if real time-consuming and skill-challenging bosses were used for getting better quality mods more reliably.

That would be pretty beast. In an earlier thread i made DESteve also mentioned that bosses would be getting some more interesting drops, but i guess that'll come in time. There should just be some solid way of aquiring good mods in general, or atleast a buff to the drop rates of them. Right now it just feels painful never getting anything good.

I'm personally not a fan of games where you play for months only to aquire a single good item, if even...

Edited by Enfo

I'm personally not a fan of games where you play for months only to aquire a single good item, if even...

I've played TERA. I know that too well. RNG-based content is really, really frustrating because it's out of your hands

Maybe a mechanic to generate your own mods through combinations? It would have to be RNG-based to some extent, too, but it could be a good credit sink and give players more chances at getting something they want for no effort.

There needs to remain an element of RNG or people will just be able to get what they want too quickly.

With dungeon crawler style games such as these, the chase is a massive partof the charm.

It also needs to be balanced. Too long between stuff and people will get bored and quit, too short and people will have everything quickly and quit

It also needs to be balanced. Too long between stuff and people will get bored and quit, too short and people will have everything quickly and quit

It seems fine for me so far, but maybe I'm lucky...

Going for Ash and I found all three components plus enough Gallium for my axe in around 15 runs. Now all I need to do is farm Rubedo which is pretty easy in the Earth area.

I've hardly been tempted to spend my 1k or so plat that I got with my founders, coming from other grind based games this feels very friendly in terms of what we get.

I like that powerful mods are rare, too. Perhaps I'll change my mind once I've levelled all the stuff I want and only have them to chase...

Go to hades on solo. Kill boss if possible, give up if not. You'll get 3-4 good mods per run provided that what you're farming for is rank 30.

Mod quality doesn't have anything to do with the level of the mob or boss that dropped it currently. The only reason to run bosses is that you're more likely to get at least one more mod out of a mission from them.

I'm sure the whole drop system will get an overhaul at some point, anyway. The rate of decent mods drops lately is a little low, but I'm still getting stuff like +75% Multishots. It was way too easy to get awesome mods prior to 5.3. The long term appeal of games like this is generally optimizing your characters with gear, so if it's too easy to max them out, you'll lose players. I hope they don't make the game super grindy either, though.

I havent played enough to say anything about the loot drops :p

Just said it needs to be balanced :)

Diablo 3 failed for this reason, devs were incapable to understand this mechanic and balance it.

Oh, they understood it all right, tey just strangled it with a real-money auction house.

Mod quality doesn't have anything to do with the level of the mob or boss that dropped it currently. The only reason to run bosses is that you're more likely to get at least one more mod out of a mission from them.

I'm sure the whole drop system will get an overhaul at some point, anyway. The rate of decent mods drops lately is a little low, but I'm still getting stuff like +75% Multishots. It was way too easy to get awesome mods prior to 5.3. The long term appeal of games like this is generally optimizing your characters with gear, so if it's too easy to max them out, you'll lose players. I hope they don't make the game super grindy either, though.

I totally agree that the rate was abit too high before 5.3, but the way it got nerfed just feels way too harsh in comparison.

Games like this shouldn't be an eternal grindfest, it just doesn't appeal in a genre like this.

And the best tip i can give to people farming right now, is to do the boss on Mars. It is one of the most packed maps, with a generally good level on monsters to give you decent exp as well. Plus the boss always drops a mod.

Edited by Enfo

The same thing is with the blueprints. Does anyone know where to find Volt parts besides Golem on Jupiter? I'm asking 'cuz of one simple reason: Two weeks ago at Golem I got Volt's chassis and system from 2 runs. And until today drop rate for helmet seems so overnerfed as you guys say, it refuses to drop even if I go 10x per day. Also, I gotta report a bug, it seems. Few days ago I've collected few blueprints from Golem when I was going solo, but nothing has appeared in Foundry, not even helmet I need... so I think that something's bugged here or simply aint gonna drop -.-

It has been several days since I got a good mod, tons of rank 1 shotgun mods which are still bugged, and mods scale to your item's level so unless specifically stated otherwise by a dev, there's no need to move somewhere harder to farm the mods.

I think it was far too lenient with blues being the top tier prior to 5.3. I think the dual mods should probably be a different color, while good quality blues that are single should remain single. Then increase the rate of blues, leave the "new" color fairly hard to get.