Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"ophion, The Time Controller" Warframe Concept

TiamatBlaze

Ok so I was throwing ideas around about what would be a fun CC type warframe and this guy popped out of my head.

(No, not literally... I AM NOT Naota from FLCL though having Atomsk's power would be totally boss!)

Back on topic!

His name is from relation to the "primeval god of time", Khronos. Source link: http://www.theoi.com/Protogenos/Khronos.html

No appearance yet but I'm going to try and work on that.

His (or her, we need some more female frames!) powers:

(The following is subject to alterations where/when I see fit. It is my concept after all.)

1) Rift Strike> Time stops (only lasts until Ophion appears behind the target and attacks) for the target as Ophion steps through time and appears behind the target attacking them with the currently equipped melee weapon. (Charging a melee strike just before triggering this skill will perform a power attack instead. Likewise performing this skill from the air will result in a air drop attack. this can be performed while dashing but will not change the attack a basic attack will be executed.) Increasing this power will give greater reach.

2) Slow> Ophion casts a 360 pulse (centered on the target or on the ground where the player is pointing, medium distance casting) that slows time for enemies caught within. Also leaves behind a temporary field of effect on the ground where the power was triggered. Increasing this power will enhance the magnitude of the slow, the reach of the AoE* and the time the effect persists*. (*includes the resulting effect field left on the ground)

3) Haste> Ophion speeds time for himself and his allies increasing movement and attacks speeds (including reload times!) Increasing this power enhances the magnitude and duration of the effect.

4) Stasis> Ophion halts time for all enemies caught within the area, freezing them in their tracks and making them easy targets for all manner of attack (this will negate enemy shields, reducing it to 0). Increasing this power extends the reach of the AoE and the duration of the effect.

It was brought up (in-game) that "time control" was too far fetched for Tenno tech. What do you think?

Edited by TiamatBlaze

Good concept except for one thing really, Stasis is basically the same as Bastille. How about changing it to something like Ophion ages all the enemies in range to dust, or the opposite, rewinds time for enemies until they were a single cell or something like that.

So the only reason you would use Rift strike is to get closer to your target? I dont really want to spend energy to get close to a target and do a regular attack. Although the idea is pretty neat.

wait just a sec, use rift strike to get into the midst of a group of enemies just to release your ult or any other ability.

Thanks for the posts, I'm always glad to have questions raised about things like this, it's how they become better.

So the only reason you would use Rift strike is to get closer to your target? I dont really want to spend energy to get close to a target and do a regular attack. Although the idea is pretty neat.

The idea behind it was more for charge attacks but I didn't want to make it automatic, I personally hate it when I'm chasing a guy around for a charge attack just to miss. Beyond that, if you use it creatively it could get you to enemies that were above you or like you said into a crowd to use another skill. It's similar to those Grineer Flameblade (or w/e their name is) they teleport right onto the player and hit right after.

Good concept except for one thing really, Stasis is basically the same as Bastille. How about changing it to something like Ophion ages all the enemies in range to dust, or the opposite, rewinds time for enemies until they were a single cell or something like that.

Well that kinda blows, I had written this down on paper a while back before Vauban was released and had no idea what his skills were. As for your suggestions, not bad but I was trying to avoid another "one button to kill them all" type. I'll think about it though. Maybe a large area DoT.

Edit: I looked up Vauban and now I disagree with you about Bastille, which without a doubt is a ripoff of Rhino's Rhino Stomp. The difference between Stasis (#4 power) vs Bastille (#3 power) and Rhino Stomp (#4 power) both is that it doesn't levitate the enemy, they stay planted on the ground where they were as they were when stasis is triggered also, I don't know how long Bastille lasts but I was thinking 4-8 seconds for r0-r3 of stasis, Rhino Stomp doesn't last that long (6 seconds max last I knew) but he's also a tank, Ophion would be a caster. Remember also that Stasis drops shields to 0 for affected targets. Sure that part won't have much use vs infested or basic grineer but then again you wouldn't really be using Stasis on them unless you get really swamped. We have enough one-button-killers already and a CC type shouldn't have a skill that directly powerful.

Edited by TiamatBlaze

Hmm.

Make his ult. a time bubble.

Anything inside it moves faster/slower and vice versa.

Thanks, but I'm not going to make his ult a copy of his 2 & 3 powers mashed together which would be redundant just to avoid being redundant of another warframe.