Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Well, I Tried. I Tried To Host An Oberon Only Draco Run.

LODESAMONEY

I went into Recruiting and typed "H Draco need Oberon/Oberon/Oberon." 

And I got laughed out of the channel. 

I tried, but my love for Oberon will be my undoing at this point. It's DISGUSTING how much hate this frame gets, but what can I do? =(

I think the problem here is: 

You're asking for 1 specific frame only.

If I asked for "Ash only for draco run", I'm pretty sure I'd get laughed out as well.

Maybe not because Ash isn't considered "worthless" unlike Oberon (I don't think that, but that's apparently the majority opinion of him, since he's not specialized). I don't see people having a problem with all-Excal squads. 

Edited by LODESAMONEY

Too bad I missed that, I would like to try Oberon-only Draco.

Agreed, I'd be well up for that.

I'm not quite sure what the hate on Oberon is all about. At this point I suspect popular opinion is partly to blame. People tell others he's sh*t so they most likely take their word for it, especially if they're less experienced players. Then there's his jack-of-all trades style of abilities, which probably doesn't suit this "min-max" thing we see so much of in-game.

He is much, much better than he was a year ago, I think, however he needs something more in the damage mitigation department. Clearing procs is great but the armour boost from Hallowed Ground is measly, and the casting time/healing delay on Renewal is a real PITA against high-damage enemies.

That being said I think his ability set overall is really nice. Smite, in my opinion, is one of the most powerful "first" abilities of any 'frame, being able to deal decent damage, knockdown, and guaranteed radiation proc.

Agreed, I'd be well up for that.

I'm not quite sure what the hate on Oberon is all about. At this point I suspect popular opinion is partly to blame. People tell others he's sh*t so they most likely take their word for it, especially if they're less experienced players. Then there's his jack-of-all trades style of abilities, which probably doesn't suit this "min-max" thing we see so much of in-game.

He is much, much better than he was a year ago, I think, however he needs something more in the damage mitigation department. Clearing procs is great but the armour boost from Hallowed Ground is measly, and the casting time/healing delay on Renewal is a real PITA against high-damage enemies.

That being said I think his ability set overall is really nice. Smite, in my opinion, is one of the most powerful "first" abilities of any 'frame, being able to deal decent damage, knockdown, and guaranteed radiation proc.

Sadly, I think even with a rework, Renewal would still be BEANS compared to Trinity's Blessing.