Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Get Rid Of Fighting Grineer And Corpus In Space Ships Please?

Wooben

The asteroid and outpost environments are tons of fun to fight gun wielding enemies in, as there is plenty of room and variety of terrain to maneuver around to make shootouts more interesting. But on board spaceships gun fights just turn into me shooting out from around a wall, emptying clip after clip into enemies who just stand around the linear corridoors, ducking back when my shields drop or i need to reload. Its samey and boring and the most infuriating thing is that the spaceships seem to be the majority of the game. Please keep spaceship levels to a minimum, or use them exclusively for fighting infected, where the tight linear corridors can actually be used well to constrain you against those particular enemy types.

Yes, I know there are a few open areas in spaceship levels, but if they aren't like 75% of the rooms generated (which there is no reason why they shouldn't be) then it just isn't worth it.

I actually quite like spaceships (90% of the time), but I do prefer the large snowy landscapes.

Exactly! And I'm not saying take them out completely, but why not make the more fun locations take up the majority of the game instead?

Exactly! And I'm not saying take them out completely, but why not make the more fun locations take up the majority of the game instead?

I don't see why we are on spaceships most the time anyway. We should be on the planets. There can be endless possibilities, considering most planets havent been fully discovered to its surface. There could be swampy landscapes, snowy landscapes, fiery red hot volcanic landscapes etc...

What about a choice to have the mission on an environment you like depending on faction?

Once they implement all mission objectives to each map there should be an option to either have it on a Spaceship or outpost (Corpus) or the new Grineer territory coming out in Update 8 and the mining facility (Grineer).

What about a choice to have the mission on an environment you like depending on faction?

Once they implement all mission objectives to each map there should be an option to either have it on a Spaceship or outpost (Corpus) or the new Grineer territory coming out in Update 8 and the mining facility (Grineer).

That's a good idea. You could also vary rewards and other variables depending on location.

Let me voice the opposite opinion. I love the spaceship missions. Strongly dislike the outdoor missions. I avoid them whenever possible.

How come? The only difference is fights in the spaceship missions are more enclosed and restricted.

Let me voice the opposite opinion. I love the spaceship missions. Strongly dislike the outdoor missions. I avoid them whenever possible.

The worst indoor missions is when you have to climb that massive tower "shudder"

I just wish the game implemented more Ninja like mechanics. For example, more wall running areas, climbing areas and general platforming areas that people must cross to reach objectives.

How come? The only difference is fights in the spaceship missions are more enclosed and restricted.

I find the mini-map more confusing for one. I also prefer a true 'open world' in that kind of environment. The current outdoor maps are basically linear maps pretending to look non-linear. I strongly dislike that kind of map design. Let it be one or the other, don't try to 'fool' us.

Oh and then there's vertical combat. Indoors, enemies can frequently be attacking from above or below, which makes for more interesting gameplay. Outdoors that is more rare.

TL;DR Personal preference.

Every week for the last six weeks at least, tile sets have been expanded, added to, and developed; release 8.0, due any day adds two completely new environments, one a clan meeting area called the dojo (with several design variations), the other orokin in origin. Further, during the developer live stream on art and design, they stated specifically that new environments would be added, and current tilesets would continue to expand.

Most fps/tps, typically ship with 20 or so fixed maps, some less, and many never expand on, or add to, unless part of a paid expansion.

With Warframe, levels are procedurally generated from a group of tilesets; the result is a layout that is different every time a mission is run. That in itself is rarely seen, as a developer or designer it is difficult to implement and design. Each tile within a set has to undergo testing and comparison with every other tile in the set, however, once complete, you can produce innumerable variations of a level.

It takes longer to develop and work up tilesets, but the result is far greater layout variety than any fixed layout design could ever achieve, and is the path that DE have chosen for warframe.