Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus System And Corrupted Mods

GDSK-NXS

So I was thinking about corrupted mods and thought "it would be great if we could zap points from one skill to another instead of getting a mod that does it" and then thought of the Focus system they said were gonna add where all the extra exp let's you upgrade warframes and weapons with that extra exp.

Imagine transfering 75% of efficiency, range and duration and putting it onto strength. 325% Power Strength without mods but any skill costs 4 times more, and has 1/4 of the range and duration, a pretty fair exchange. Then, mods (actual power strenght, duration, range, efficiency) would not be counting for this kind of "Corrupted Focus System". I would rework the mods to give 60% instead of 30-45% to be more fair:

325% Strength + 60% strength would be 385% strength

25% Range + 60% range would be 85% range

Also, to prevent the above example, 300% should be the max limit and 25% should be the minimal limit. (maybe the limit should be 400 IDK some skills are very unbalanced like the new excalibur's exalted blade dealing 670K to heavy armored targets in one hit)

But to make corrupted mods still a thing, I would change them for example the effect of Blind Rage to be a "max amount of stat exchange between efficiency and strength only" ranking the same way of Natural Talent ranking 5 times (starting at 12.5% and scaling up to 75%). That way, a mod between each category would be needed, while there are already 5/6 mods the last one is still a mistery (that way we would just need to change the names and the values, people would already have them if the had the previous version):

Current:

+Strength-Efficiency (Blind Rage)

-Strength+Range (Overextended)

+Strength-Duration (Transient Fortitude)

?Efficiency?Range (?)

+Efficiency-Duration (Fleeting Expertise)

-Range+Duration (Narrow Minded)

Well that's all I don't expect a lot of feedback about the idea since it's drastic and (probably) unbalanced, but anyways, thanks for reading.

Didn't they dismantled and dropped the development of focus system to use its parts for other stuff, like arcanes?

i am sure exalted blade and effegy part of it too (as well as syndicate mods)

i am sure exalted blade and effegy part of it too (as well as syndicate mods)

Didn't they dismantled and dropped the development of focus system to use its parts for other stuff, like arcanes?

I'm pretty sure the focus system is still going in somewhere, I mean I haven seen the last devstreams but if they are trying to dismantle focus I'm losing the last slice of hope I had. No shiny parkour 2.0 or sentient race will help with what focus was trying to do (and also, as I wrote above, excal's ultimate is extremely overpowered literally one-hit-kill everything even level 80 grineer manics).