Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Game From Dayz Dev And More! [Gaming News]

TheErebus.

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-wonderfully-strange-cradle-is-out-this-month/

So first, I wanna put the spotlight on a game called Cradle. It's an emotion driven game which is based around repairing a mechanical girl while also exploring this abandoned amusement park to unravel the mystery behind it.

It looks quite interesting, the release date is July 24th!

We got a Bloodborne update coming soon.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-bloodborne-ps4-update-announced-heres-what-it-/1100-6428652/

It's essentially more matchmaking fixes. There has been no details on the expansion DLC for the game.

http://www.pcgamer.com/dean-halls-ion-inspired-by-eve-online-minecraft/

So Dean "Rocket" Hall (The developer of the famous DayZ mod) has a new game coming out, called "Ion".

The article states that: 

" "You'll be able to learn the skills to become, for instance, an engineer, miner or doctor in the game, and there'll be a reputation system so players can make a name for themselves one way or the other. Watching over everything will be The Federation, with Dean Hall acting as president. "The Federation is run by me, by us as the game developers. We play characters in the game". And yes, players "could kill me as the president of the Federation"."

It was apparently inspired by Tekkit (a modification of Minecraft) and EVE Online (A space ship simulator).

"Unlike DayZ, developers RocketWerkz have a more solid roadmap in mind for Ion, so its development will hopefully be less protracted. "Ion has a solid road map. But I guess that's why we haven't released a lot of details. Until we really lock that road map down, we don't want to say, this feature, this feature, this feature. I can talk to the parts that are there." "

Maybe he should finish DayZ before making another game.

And to add it will have early access on PC and Xbox One (yes early access on console). IMO early access has created more problems than solved, think I'll give it a miss

Edited by (PS4)KJamz

Hahaha nice joke Dean.

Again he has a very ambitious project which will probably be even worse than DayZ considering his skill in programming, let's face it, he got lucky. The mod as it was 4 years ago, 3 years ago up to now is only like that because of members of the community stepping up to improve it.

Sorry Dean, you will need to give me a free trial to your game before I even consider buying.

Maybe he should finish DayZ before making another game.

He dropped it, to I quote "work my actual dream".

Basically, he didn't really care about DayZ, took everyone's money (people who rushed to throw their money at an idea) then he starts another project that is basically as complicated as DayZ (as he wanted it) if not more.

Wasn't he the dev that came out and said on their forums when asked if Dayz was worth buying "no its currently not worth buying". Not long after that he left. Same guy right?

All I know is that Dean Hall doesn't give a rats behind about DayZ anymore.

I hate those kind of devs. Release a game (DayZ) that has potential, then abandon it later on just to start a new game for money.

Thankfully Warframe has nice devs, that even streams! Don't know a whole lot of games that have devs doing a stream of up coming features or discussions.