Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotus Conspiracy

lordpie

So whenever you go on an assassination mission the lotus tells you that you are contracted to kill that person, but tenno are free willed sentient beings.  As tenno, we choose our missions based on freewill, so we are not bound to obey the lotus.  She acts merely as a guide for us, telling us not to step in fire, telling us it is cold outside, etc.  But, my fellow tenno I ask you this, why is it an assassination contract?  Who is giving us the contract?  It doesn't seem like the Lotus would because she helps us, not employs us.  So, this begs the following question:

Who is the Lotus working for???

Edited by lordpie

Not that we are being paid or anything, but I am interested in who is contracting us.  Why are we going after Lech Krill instead of higher grineer targets, for example.

Edited by lordpie

But the deeper question is why does the invisible person want those people dead? Is he/she/it trying to build a new world order and rule with an iron fist, governing as an autocrat? I don't know if I want to be responsible for the rise to power of some autocrat. That is the real question. Who is the invisible entity and what does he/she/it want? That is the deeper question.

If the Lotus would answer this question herself I would be thrilled.

Edited by lordpie

Not that we are being paid or anything, but I am interested in who is contracting us.  Why are we going after Lech Krill instead of higher grineer targets, for example.

Attack weaker targets so that the internal structure of their organizations crumble.

Attack heroes to invoke fear, attack recruitment centers to remove numerical advantage, attack labs to set back weapons research and development, that sort of thing.

Once a hole has been blown wide open, THEN you can attack.

Sure, we MAY be able to go after the Queens or the Corpus CEOs, but doing so right away will deal long-term damage that we don't want to cause. Sort of a 'Devil you Know' scenario until they can safely be taken down.

I am saying why him out of all people.  I am sure that there are other grineer targets that are worth while killing, but why don't we kill those.  Is this invisible entity creating a new world order by selectively taking out specific targets?

I bet you that if a bunch of tenno got together, they could take out the queens, but the question is why don't we?

Simple.. the queen actually Lotus clones... that has been conspiring for endless time.

(then again, seeing the lotus said i have never encountered security like this at raid | we can safely assume the queen protection is much much stronger than we have ever encountered)

grind-er

Edited by TheFalseEclipse