Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Queens Raid Idea

Nishmo

I've been thinking about the Grineer Queens lately, wondering how they would make their actual canon appearance. We've heard glimpses of the Queens, whether through video audio clips or through intercepted messages to their followers. Yet, we haven't seen them, and I'd prefer it not be a new Quest to meet them. They deserve something more... grandiose. 

So, I got to thinking... the Queens can't just be "killed" because that eliminates the purpose of the game as far as Grineer Leadership is concerned. Well... at least they can't be killed yet. However, I began thinking on the idea of having a raid consist of tracking the location of the headquarters of the Queen, fighting into their lair, and making our way into their chamber, as regal as a Grineer lair could be, dark and lightly misty on the floors to show off how cold the atmosphere is, with the Queens separated on their individual thrones, overlooking the stage reserved for those who have been  granted an audience with them. Or, in our case, who fought their way to their throne chamber itself.

However, when we arrive, the Queens reveal a champion of theirs that will fight us in their stead, taunting us as we fight it. This champion wouldn't be some big robot or nasty mutated creature, just a skinnier Grineer who went through rigorous training and discipline to fight the Tenno specifically. Someone who almost flies in the face of Grineer Genetic Illness by being a stoic warrior who fights calmly, swiftly, and deadly with agility. He'd be similar to a Grineer Warframe in his own respect, but being extremely lethal in his performances, enough to stand a fight against eight other Tenno.

This way, it adds an aura of mystery as to the future of the Grineer, creating more of a sense of importance in our mission to stop them and danger as to what may happen if we fail, while also leaving the Queens alive and leaving us to feel the menacing and powerful presence of the Grineer Queens, having gotten so close to pulling them off of their thrones but pulled away at the last second.

If there are any ideas to add or if you have an idea on how you think it should go or even if you just want to support this idea, I want to know. This idea just came to me a while back but I want to actually see it happen. The more I think about it being executed well, the more I really want to see it happen. It adds so much lore to the game without shoving the exposition down our throats. Just by getting there, seeing the Queens, fighting something that goes against everything we know about the Grineer so far, and having to leave knowing the Grineer Queens still live and have the capability of raising a warrior like that champion. I can't think of something else that'd be as motivating to want to continue our efforts against the Grineer more lore-wise and less farm-wise.

No no more raids... I don't like them for the sheer fact I have a lack of people with in my own clan that can even do one raid... And its not a numbers issue is more of a we gotta get this mod forma this level that and when people get to a point they just burn out form the grind. Then I tried alliance with another clan and do a raid and there is always 4 lokis and no one listing to orders.. then there is the pug raid and well lets forget that... I don't have any hard core dedicated people in my clan and its just more content I'll never see ever.

I'm not even hyped for the (useless in my book) archwing Raid boss until DE gives a good hard look at archwing and tries to fix it. 

If they are going to do the Queens it needs to be a boss like the rest but hard. 

No no more raids... I don't like them for the sheer fact I have a lack of people with in my own clan that can even do one raid... And its not a numbers issue is more of a we gotta get this mod forma this level that and when people get to a point they just burn out form the grind. Then I tried alliance with another clan and do a raid and there is always 4 lokis and no one listing to orders.. then there is the pug raid and well lets forget that... I don't have any hard core dedicated people in my clan and its just more content I'll never see ever.

I'm not even hyped for the (useless in my book) archwing Raid boss until DE gives a good hard look at archwing and tries to fix it. 

If they are going to do the Queens it needs to be a boss like the rest but hard. 

Regardless, important and major events should be reserved for the raids due to them being pseudo-endgame levels. While I haven't even been able to do the Vay Hek one either, I feel like Warframe needs to implement major attacks as raids. The Queens themselves should never be a boss in and of themselves. They're too important to be killed at this point in the Warframe timeline. They simply need to be met face-to-face and intimidate us.

Sorry, I think something important like the Twin Queens shouldn't be reserved only to raids, in that way who doesn't like dumb puzzles in action based videogames who doesn't have someone to play with is gonna miss a giant chunk of lore.

If there will ever be a Twin Queens bossfight, I hope it's gonna be something new and unique.

Sorry, I think something important like the Twin Queens shouldn't be reserved only to raids, in that way who doesn't like dumb puzzles in action based videogames who doesn't have someone to play with is gonna miss a giant chunk of lore.

If there will ever be a Twin Queens bossfight, I hope it's gonna be something new and unique.

The reason I don't like this idea is because I find it hard to believe that it takes a squadron of eight Tenno to fight through the heart of the Grineer Military and defeat Vay Hek while it would only take 1-4 Tenno to make it to the Leaders of the Grineer. It's not so much a 'giant chunk of lore' as it is just an experience.

If it were a quest, I can almost guarantee it'd just be communications from the Queens, which isn't personal or intimidating. They *need* their own tileset. If it were just a casual boss location, the importance of it is dulled down significantly. At the very least, they'd have to lock it behind a higher mastery rank door and have prerequisites to getting there. If Vay Hek "deserved" a Raid, I can't imagine the Twin Queens deserving any less.

Not a well written concept. It also has a lot of logic holes and well... we haven't the slighest information about the Queens so theorycrafting about it is just too much premature.

Mind leaving a bit more than just that? As in, examples wherein the 'logic holes' exist or where precisely the concept isn't well written?

We know little about the Queens, which is exactly why crafting scenarios in which they are introduced is ripe for the taking. We've heard their voice, understood their goals, and know their favored Grineer. It's also a 'future idea', not something I'd want implemented right after J3-Golem's reappearance. Ideas for the future are hardly premature.

The reason I don't like this idea is because I find it hard to believe that it takes a squadron of eight Tenno to fight through the heart of the Grineer Military and defeat Vay Hek while it would only take 1-4 Tenno to make it to the Leaders of the Grineer. It's not so much a 'giant chunk of lore' as it is just an experience.

If it were a quest, I can almost guarantee it'd just be communications from the Queens, which isn't personal or intimidating. They *need* their own tileset. If it were just a casual boss location, the importance of it is dulled down significantly. At the very least, they'd have to lock it behind a higher mastery rank door and have prerequisites to getting there. If Vay Hek "deserved" a Raid, I can't imagine the Twin Queens deserving any less.

In The Law of Retribution your're assaulting their base, in an infiltration mission, where your enemy doesn't know about your presence, more than 4 tennos wouldn't be required.

In The Law of Retribution your're assaulting their base, in an infiltration mission, where your enemy doesn't know about your presence, more than 4 tennos wouldn't be required.

Who said anything about them not knowing about our presence? The idea I tossed out there is more along the lines of assaulting to find the location of their little palace or whatever they use and then assaulting that.