Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eliminating The Copter - Bad Or Good?

Snake

coptering was a bug that is finally fixed. It was stupid and annoying, and became almost mandatory if you don't want to be left behind.

imagine if your run speed was dependent on the rof of your secondary and your jump height on the damage of your primary. (damage per shot not dps)

Sounds great, right?

Hell no, and I don't want my movement abilities to be dependent on the speed/class of my melee weapon either.

That's why coptering should NEVER return.

coptering was a bug that is finally fixed. It was stupid and annoying, and became almost mandatory if you don't want to be left behind.

imagine if your run speed was dependent on the rof of your secondary and your jump height on the damage of your primary. (damage per shot not dps)

Sounds great, right?

Hell no, and I don't want my movement abilities to be dependent on the speed/class of my melee weapon either.

That's why coptering should NEVER return.

I've just visited russian section of the forum, there is a lot of unfounded whining about Parkour 2.0. You can't even imagine how glad I am to see your message.

Edited by Enchillado

Honestly, I think the only reason they want to remove it is because of all the player who complain about it in pvp. This game should be focus on coop and pve, this is the reason why im playing warframe. DE supposedly promise that pvp wont affect pve and yet...after a few hotfix/change/ect...I have trouble to believe that now =/

Coptering was always a bug ....... you had no control on it ..... al of you who love coptering always stoped in a wall or something.

The new movement system is far better. We can jump higher than ever, reach more places with wall hopping while at the same time have more controll on the landing place. Hell, you can hop your way up the large elevators on Uranus now.

So my answer to the original topic...... NO COPTERING IS THE BEST!

I'm happy with the implementation. Slide momentum preservation is still present and there are momentum gaining techniques and even more aerial control. Slide attacks still have enough distance to utilize in combat and are still useful for aerial redirection. I do think Aerial melee could use a little more distance. But our overall aerial control is vastly increased especially with being able to roll in air, and now rolls also keep your momentum. Unfortunately even a normal roll has a tendency to bug and lockout melee. But if they fix that it'll be quite satisfying.

The new system is a lot smoother and more aesthetically pleasing. Despite any salty vets that quit, there will be tons of new people who will start playing since U17 is so snazzy. That will probably make DE more money, and that's really all it comes down to.

I am sorry, but I have to disagree on many of the above points.

I will grant that the bullet jump, the new glide and most especially dodging (and air dodging! Yay!) are more aesthetically pleasing. But "Wall Dashing" looks terrible next to the old on-tracks wall runs. This is especially true of the horizontal wall runs. But even the vertical Wall Dash looks oddly floaty, especially in contrast the raw ninja-athleticism of the old wall runs. I personally wish they had introduced a hybrid wall run system that utilizes the old on track wall run for spacebar held runs, but alowed you to "wall bound" by repeatedly hitting space bar. 

I am sorry, but I have to disagree on many of the above points.

I will grant that the bullet jump, the new glide and most especially dodging (and air dodging! Yay!) are more aesthetically pleasing. But "Wall Dashing" looks terrible next to the old on-tracks wall runs. This is especially true of the horizontal wall runs. But even the vertical Wall Dash looks oddly floaty, especially in contrast the raw ninja-athleticism of the old wall runs. I personally wish they had introduced a hybrid wall run system that utilizes the old on track wall run for spacebar held runs, but alowed you to "wall bound" by repeatedly hitting space bar. 

Oh yeah, the wall interactions are the weakest aspect of the 2.0. I was mainly speaking towards how coptering fares in the new system in the light of the misgivings I had about people saying coptering would be "removed" prior to release. They pretty much implemented slide-attacks how I hoped they would with some short-dash potential. But Aerial Melee didn't fare quite as well with its zero thrust. Overall I like the learning curve of the new system. But I think it could be improved with having some of the magnetic wall-running back. Since we can wall-latch it'd be nice if we could climb and run around the wall too.