Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Since Everyone Else Has Done It - Ash Kit Rework Idea

Morec0

First of all, let me say this:

I don't think Ash needs a rework. I think he's fine as he is.

That said, everyone else and their mother's tried to put forth an idea of what DE should change him to be - which was inevitable as soon as the Excalibur rework was announced really, regardless of the frame - and I'd rather not be left out. Makes me feel sad. So, here's what I would do to his kit if I felt anything needed to be done:

1 - Shuriken

Leave it be. It's a basic and simple ability that works well for what it's supposed to do.

The Seeking Shuriken Augment would also remain the same.

2 - Teleport

I would move teleport here, lower the cost appropriately, but it would remain pretty much the same. As for Smokescreen...

3 - Smokescreen

Smokescreen I would change drastically. No longer would it be just an Invisibility with a quick AoE stagger, now the ability would create a temporary field of smoke around Ash that stuns all enemies caught in the initial cast (as long as they remain in it) and makes Ash and all allies invisible to enemies outside of it. Enemies that walk into it for the first time after the initial cast COULD get a slight stagger at first, but that would be it.

The Smoke Shadow Augment would be changed to Smoke Wave - changing the ability to a single blast of smoke that doesn't linger around Ash but instead has massively increased range, has some heat damage, and knocks down all enemies it hits.

4 - Bladestorm

Bladestorm would no longer be what it is now - an animation lock... whatever you'd call it. Instead, it would create an AoE around Ash that causes all enemies that enter it to be attacked by the current Specter-esq Ash clones, while Ash himself is free to do whatever he wants. I considered MAYBE doing this locks him into only being able to use his melee weapon for the time, but that seems a LITTLE extreme

The Rising Storm Augment would remain unchanged, each of the clones contributing to his Melee Multiplier.

So, basically, I'd turn Ash into a frame that benefits from getting close to his enemies.

Edited by Morec0

Ah M just joined the Rework train too. The probability of this happening has converged between never and no. DE changing an augment! Preposterous.

Ash does not need rework, just minor tweaking. And it's VERY low priority.

First of all, let me say this:

I don't think Ash needs a rework. I think he's fine as he is.

That said, everyone else and their mother's tried to put forth an idea of what DE should change him to be - which was inevitable as soon as the Excalibur rework was announced really, regardless of the frame - and I'd rather not be left out. Makes me feel sad. 

Ash is balanced for most the content in the ENTIRE game. An Ash rework is very unlikely, unless DE has fallen to the level of circumming to peer pressure, which I highly doubt.

I with you 100% on this. He's great. I just felt like having a little fun and do like the ideas.

Maybe if we ever get to Ash's female counterpart the abilities could be similar to what I talked about? Probably too similar, all in all, to warrant the change, but...

To everyone who came here saying he doesn't need rework -- I agree. And Morec0 does too, as he states at the beginning. At any rate, I was simply expressing that IF he was to be reworked, I'd say go with this. Otherwise, just don't touch him, he doesn't need it.

Maybe not a rework, but yes some augment mods for the smoke screen. The ult just destroys any enemy with the bleeding, the 1 it's okay but as long as they are strong it becomes useless (without augment mod) than the Volt Shock. Ash it's okay but the only thing i would change is the smoke screen as you said, with an augment mod.