The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adding Aim To Quanta

(PSN)Sackboytheflash

I think you might be able to change the controlls on PC to allow you to aim but other than that you're probably out of luck

There is apparently a separate keybind option for aiming but it does not work as far as I'm aware.

• 4 weeks later...

The reason your PS4 doesn't have a separate key bind for this yet is because you don't have update 17 yet.  That feature was added in U17 for PC and so obviously console players don't have it yet.

This was actually a change DE made in response to a previous change and the ensuing backlash.  People have been asking for the Aim and Alt-fire to both work on guns forever - they were separate key binds but both always did the same thing, meaning guns like the Quanta had no zoom.  Back in one of the 16.x patches (before 16.5 but I forget exactly when) they simply removed the second key bind altogether and merged them into a single key - which was basically the opposite of what the players wanted.

So in U17 they reversed themselves and added back the separate key bind for alt-fire AND actually made it work.  For example, the new Harpak has both a working zoom, and alt-fire for the tethered harpoon.  This also makes the Quanta a LOT more useful in particular because even though the Quanta is range-limited, that range is 50m, and is extendable with Sinister Reach even farther.  That's a very long shot to make without working zoom!

So just wait until you get U17 and this will start working for you, too.

Edited by chuckdm

Really? It seems like binding secondary fire to R1 would be a lot more natural/comfortable. But that's just me.

Oh, it would be, but it will play absolute hell with my muscle memory to change crouch to secondary fire. Then again, Since secondary fire and parkour 2.0 come at the same time, I might just have to use the momentary control confusion to make myself switch it.