The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do People Get &!$$Ed When F2P Games Are Difficult?

Tesseract_The_Pariah

With the new Dojo update coming, I can foresee a lot of people getting extremely butthurt over the fact that it will be difficult to actually construct it.

They'll call it Pay to Win, even if you cant actually buy or speed up construction of the Dojo.

Then they say its a trick to get you to spend more money - Which is true, except its not a trick.  Its a new update to keep the game interesting so customers will pay for stuff.

THEN they'll say that DE just wants money.   Of course they do, money keeps them afloat.   It keeps everyone afloat.  You have to make it somehow.  However, DE communicate with their customers and provide a, in my opinion, worthwhile service.  Just wish I had a bit of money to spare!

Then they'll say some new system ruined the game...  With no basis.

So... why?

I think its because people aren't used to working towards something in a game.  And doubly so in a f2p game.  People dont realize that before games were made butt easy that you had to *gasp* WORK for something in a videogame.  And because the alternative is paying for it, something that comes to mind is "OMG P2W WTF"

Your thoughts?

I'm personally still trying to figure out if I am actually playing the same game as the one mentioned in all the "hard" threads. Some people would find it difficult to play a game that was just two buttons. One saying "I win" and the other saying "I lose". They may even post threads saying things like "the I win button needs a buff" or " please nerf the I lose button".

3rd volt

though on an on topic note...

we can save hundreds more dollars playing free to play than a retail game or a game with a subscription

we shouldn't complain am I right?

I do not recall seeing anything about platinum in the Dojo mockups from the Livestream 2 weeks ago.

Seeing as the Dojo is for Clans and to encourage Clan support, not sure there will be anything platinum related in it's construction.

If there is no platinum used in the Dojo's construction P2W is nothing more than lazy people QQing because they may have to work for something in game for once and CANNOT just be lazy and buy it.

We will all see shortly.

what makes the game hard is mostly the fact that when playing with some people all you see is **** ** ********* ****** **** ** ***! and then they do something stupid as F*** and die...and you're all alone cause you couldn't tell their sorry butts that would be as idiotic as it turned out to be :P

Thoughts; I think you are jumping the gun and projecting your preconceived ideas about f2p communities on something that has not yet happened, wait until update 8.0 hits then pass judgment on others comments. As for difficulty, there's a world of difference between difficulty and a mind numbingly boring grind;mind numbingly boring grinds have been used in place of content for so long most chumps can't tell the difference.

Edited by HexCaliber

I'm personally still trying to figure out if I am actually playing the same game as the one mentioned in all the "hard" threads. Some people would find it difficult to play a game that was just two buttons. One saying "I win" and the other saying "I lose". They may even post threads saying things like "the I win button needs a buff" or " please nerf the I lose button".

That just reminded me:

"Paper is OP, please nerf it!

Scissor is fine, though.

- Rock."