Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question For Loki Vets.

mesmer

how does decoy work now?

you used to be able to throw decoy and you could skip through the room if you wanted because it had like perfect 100% enemy aggro. as long as a enemy could physically see it and you didnt go really REALLY far, or turn too many corners they were locked on the decoy.

now i cant get a hang of how much aggro the decoy provides. sometimes ill drop it maybe.. 10feet away from 3 enemies. when i go to melee them within 4 or 5 feet they just ignore it and start shooting me. but if you put the decoy 1 or 2 feet away from a enemy and go to melee them they seem to stay distracted...but only sometimes?

ive placed it near a group of 3 enemies right at their feet and ran around them in circles and bumped into them and they stayed locked on the decoy.

alot of people dont know the decoy works better if you place it and have the enemies lose vision of you for 1 or 2 seconds THEN go offensive to make sure the enemies have focused it, but when i do that now if i go into melee sometimes they still turn and attack me.

im doing lots of test in level 1 areas but my biggest problem is the "sometimes" factor. loki isnt exactly the guy you want if you plan to get hit alot and im having problems relying on it like i used to. now i have to use stealth tons more because i dont know if my decoy will work or not work in a given situation.

im sure if youve been playing loki for a long time youve noticed this change at some point. this isnt a critique of it (although i  hate it ;() but more so of a how do the mechanics work now so i can stop getting @(*()$ shot in the face by 5 guys while my decoy is right there.

i just dont see a consistency in how it works now.

I dont know how aggro works in the game but if the enemy has full aggro on you it's very likely that they wont turn to the decoy.

With the Infested i notice that if they are in attack mode they will lock on you before they even see you so it's better to drop a decoy ASAP before you even enter a room.