Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snipertron

zeLUca

"SNIPERTRON"

Im just wondering if this Gun GOOD at the end or not??

and if GOOD what mod do u suggest in it? and at what rank?

in my experience. Snipertron rank 8 still suckss. with 2 upgrade mod(upgrade damage) in it.

i think its need reballance.

like adding armor piercing by default or shield penetration or increase damage

or auto aim(i mean aim helper, which must aim head ;p heheheh) or other.

btw thanks for making these game.

need lot a fix/balancing but still i like it.

thanksss... ^_^

you can build around the 20% crit chance it has, but only after it hits lvl 20 when the mods actually start to mean something dmg wise. But it requieres very steady hands to actually headshot alot. It's a great weapon if you love very long range combat but in most cases you'll be fighting mid to close range, depends on your team and your play style.

I noticed that it has a tendecy to miss if you don't zoom in, but it just might be my lousy aiming.

You don't find the baseline 20% crit rate to be as good or better than a bit of armor penetration? Even at level 8, if you're shooting a Grineer non Heavy in the face, he should die. That's the whole purpose of the Snipetron, headshots. It can get them at the longest range, and with the most reliable accuracy.

If I may ask, if you feel that the weapon sucks, what is it you were expecting differently before you bought it?

The snipertron is a little crazy. High reload time, and low ammo capacity, however...

My snipertron with puncture 4 can clear a hallway of infested in a few shots. Puncture is peircing, it'll go through obsticals and enemies a number of times. 4 being that number.

With grineer, It has to do more with quickscoping... not a term I want to use but that's what it is, you have no acuracy if you fire from the hip. but if you can be fast at turning around, aiming, and firing, you're golden. It's the same for corpus, but the little flying things are much easier to take down. The only problem with the snipertron is when you start having to deal with a lot of enemies comming in close, and all you have to do for that is run away and get a good shot or two off... or use your melee.

So it's a 5/5 gun.

As for mods. Puncture is amazing on it. Any damage you can throw on it, but I most often hear that you should pump crit chance and crit damage. I read that someone could get 3500 crits on a headshot, which I fully believe.

Snipetron is my favourite gun verus Grineer and Corpus. For infested and bosses I prefer my Braton.

Get some good mods on it, level it up, and if you can headshot quickly and accurately you'll no doubt discover that too.

I use it for squishy mobs, and my back up and powers for elite types. Puncture would be great, but I think +clip size > crit boosts as it already one shots quishy mobs if you headshot.

Edited by Zakalwe

what im expecting is like at least for SNIPERTRON rank 0 is like real sniper. not like, need more than 5 bullet for 1 greenie.

even for headshot need 2-3 hit. and its max bullet just about 55 at rank 15(without mod).

and

if u compare to any handgun rank 0. u will feel what i feel.

however thats what i feel when in low rank. i dont know when it come rank 20++ with many high mod.

thats why i ask in this thread AND if the SNIPERTRON realy need balance, i will see many ppl vote for it too.

(but the fact is as far i know its my mistake)

@Malkav not ur mistake, its need hold right click. Without it like 0 accuracy.

btw thanks for the reply its expand my knowledge.

still need more tips and trick on "SNIPERTRON" especialy for lvling in Solo Mode.

Edited by zeLUca

Headshots, Crit Chance, Crit Damage = Dead Stuff

That being said, anyone know where the headshot location is on Corpus-People? I have the damnest time trying to find it, becuase shooting them in the hed only seems to annoy them at best XD

That being said, anyone know where the headshot location is on Corpus-People? I have the damnest time trying to find it, becuase shooting them in the hed only seems to annoy them at best XD

From what I can tell, the Corpus humanoids are headshot-immune, but very squishy in the body. Aim center mass and they go down in 1 shot.

In order for you to headshot the corpus humanoids, I have actually found you need a certain percentage of armor piercing (at least I think that's the mod that does it.) Example: My Snipetron with 0% armor piercing damage can NOT headshot the corpus crewmen to my knowledge; However, I pull out my Lex (Which has somewhere between 23-30% armor piercing, can't remember off the top of my head) And shoot them pretty much where there eye slits are and bam, about 550 damage with the headshot. The 550 damage is a non crit on the higher level corpus mobs in pluto.

Please, someone correct me if I am wrong about this, but I do believe this is the case.

*EDIT* This is enough damage to one shot the crewmen on pluto most of the time, in case anybody was wondering.

Edited by Thorgramm

Agree with the above people, I only crit 2800 damage on a Grineer heavy headshot. If you can learn to "quick scope" then its an awesome weapon, but hip firing is about as accurate as hip firing an AWP in CSS. I currently have 13 rounds in my Snipertron clip due to capacity mods, So its really a breeze and the reload time which Ive shortened with rank ups is a null factor.

As with all weapons, it only starts to truly shine when you hit 15-20.

My snipertron with puncture 4 can clear a hallway of infested in a few shots. Puncture is peircing, it'll go through obsticals and enemies a number of times. 4 being that number.

From what i understood Puncture was penetration DEPTH in meters. 4 = 4 meters, and not the number of targets/obstacles. REF: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/1717-mods-artifacts-list-explanations-as-of-update-53-20130110-1400/page__hl__artifacts

Also, the crits you guys are saying are insane. So headshots alwasy crit and that is when the crit damage comes into play?

Also, the crits you guys are saying are insane. So headshots alwasy crit and that is when the crit damage comes into play?

Headshots don't always crit, but they're higher damage. And when you do crit a headshot, it does massive damage, especially if you've applied +Crit Damage mods.

I honestly love the Snipetron. I think it's better than the Gorgon, and a heck of a lot more fun to use.

still need more tips and trick on "SNIPERTRON" especialy for lvling in Solo Mode.

To level my Snipetron in solo I mostly used Loki and his invisibility on Grinner extermination, because this way I know that no enemy will spawn in a room I just cleaned. And don't be afraid to fall back sometimes to find a good spot behind crates...

From what I can tell, the Corpus humanoids are headshot-immune, but very squishy in the body. Aim center mass and they go down in 1 shot.

Its an armor pen thing. With armor pen you can headshot corpus workers. (It might also work with penetration, I have not tested it).

I prefer Snipertron against Grineer and Corpus. With armor penetration and puncture mods installed - it's golden. Reload mod is an excellent alternative which compensate the 'forever' reloading time. Less trouble with finding ammo since not many players use sniper rifle.

Against Infest, shotgun and melee is better and faster.