The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does Spin Attack Damage Feel So Utterly Arbitrary?

Fullmetal_Underpants

sitting here looking through my arsenal and trying to comprehend why namy skyla... a shortsword and a dagger... have a higher spin attack damage than oh... i don't know... every scythe?  it would stand to reason that all of the scythes... weapons notoriously used in a slashing motion with a hooked shape in the first place... would set themselves aside from other weapon types by having unusually high spin attacks, while hammers would perhaps lend themselves well to higher damage ground slams than any other weapon class...  

All Melee needs a severe buff given that it does not have the advantage of getting bonus damage in a way that is not suicidal. Stopping to perform a finisher is in no way equal to scoring headshots.  Of course Warframe always has and will continue to have some of the worst balanced weapons/characters in the history of video games.

I swear the people in charge of balance must sincerely not play the game. Otherwise you would think there would be far more variety in top tier weapons. 

Dual-wielded weapons tend to have the highest spin attack damage in the game versus a single weapon (Heavy Weapons notwithstanding).

But even still, they are mostly arbitrary.

It just seems as though dual weapons get a higher multiplier or something of that sort, likely because two weapons are being used to slash, resulting in 2 slashes and the arsenal shows the combined damage.

sitting here looking through my arsenal and trying to comprehend why namy skyla... a shortsword and a dagger... have a higher spin attack damage than oh... i don't know... every scythe?  it would stand to reason that all of the scythes... weapons notoriously used in a slashing motion with a hooked shape in the first place... would set themselves aside from other weapon types by having unusually high spin attacks, while hammers would perhaps lend themselves well to higher damage ground slams than any other weapon class...  

>D hahahaha I never questioned it but there are a lot of numbers DE didn't fully check lol

All Melee needs a severe buff given that it does not have the advantage of getting bonus damage in a way that is not suicidal. Stopping to perform a finisher is in no way equal to scoring headshots.  Of course Warframe always has and will continue to have some of the worst balanced weapons/characters in the history of video games.

I swear the people in charge of balance must sincerely not play the game. Otherwise you would think there would be far more variety in top tier weapons. 

implying there's a proper tiering system and not just a case of "how badly did they screw up before we modded this?" system

Heavy weapons are ok now, but let's take something like.... Furax... :(

I remember when I was hyped as Hek for it, "They brought boxing gloves!", "Wow look at that charge attack man!" , but it was a pain to level up and when I equip it now I don't feel the same excitement as the one I have with a Galatine,a Fragor or a Dakra prime....

Yeah the slide damage is just ridiculous (boltace 500).  They should just make all the slide attack deal 200% damage or so and get rid of it altogether, then they can probably add more "slide combo" attack and expand more on melee system.  We have so many "stance name" for a same slide attack.

Edited by Hueminator