Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dynamic safe zones.

Zakalwe

Another user posted this idea in another thread, but I think it has a lot of potential so I'm reposting here.

Let's see if we can refine it into something really cool!

Maybe a directly designated "Tenno Planet" isn't the answer. Maybe, instead of one "Massive" central hub, as players clear and finish missions/planets (Particularly the Extermination missions), safe zones temporarily appear as one of the nodes on the level select menu (say, over the course of 3 to 6 hours) . These safe zones would be places where Tenno would be able to come and sip mocha and all that lovely stuff during the quiet before the storm. Eventually, the alarms would activate, blaring that faction x is inbound to reclaim/destroy the "empty" ship, and all the Tenno have to haul &#!/disconnect from the Safe Zone, lest they be wiped out by faction x's members.

Only so many of these safe zones would be available at any given time so as to prevent them from taking over EVERY planet, but it would both enforce that feeling that the Tenno constantly have to be moving, else they'd be eradicated, as well as allowing these hub desirers the ability to congregate and show off their epic gear they've accumulated.

I was actually thinking of making a new thread for that, myself, although the presentation of the idea could have been improved, in retrospect. I used too many "emphasis marks".

I would suggest that this should only really work for Extermination missions, as when performing raids and rescues and spying missions and deceptions, it really implies you're trying to get in, and get out as fast as possible. Lotus actively tells you once you clear a ship in Extermination that there's no living entities other than you, so it's the perfect scenario to temporarily claim a ship. It could be rationalised that you attacked them so quickly that they had no time to prepare or send out a distress call to fellow ships. This would also explain why there would be a vague time limit for these safe zones, as other ships trying to communicate to the claimed ships get no response back. It could be protocol to assume a ship is lost if it maintains radio silence for too long.

As for the implementation, I would recommend that there should only be a maximum of two or three safe zones across all sectors at any one time. Once a safe zone is lost, another could be formed in it's place either straight away, or after a certain time. Of course, not every Extermination mission would result in a ship being captured. Lotus may inform you of a change of plans as you approach the extraction point, and ask you to reach the command room to notify all tenno. If this condition happened to multiple people as the limit of safe zones was reached (imagine 2 out of 3 safe zones active, and 3 different extermination teams were given the capture instruction), then the first team to complete it gets the safe zone on their planet. Other players would either be notified to proceed with extraction or they could complete the mission by interacting with the command room, but the ship wouldn't be declared a safe zone.

If you lingered at the safe zone after the alarm went off, faction x's troops may invade the ship, rationalising this kind of gametype.

Those are my two extra cents.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

Perhaps there would be a possibility to hold the ship against the invasion?

After x number of waves, they just give up and wait a while before invading again.

Of course, holding back an invasion wouldn't be easy

Each wave inside the invasions would get harder, and after failed invasions, it would get even harder, if you follow what I'm trying to say.

Holding the ship against an invasion could result in some form of reward. (Blueprints, neato crafting materials?)

In addition, holding the ship for more and more invasions adds more fun things for the Tenno to do in the ship.