The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does The New Parkour 2.0 Remove Coptering?

iceyShardZ

umm, the update hasn't launched yet, they still have time to change stuff, and as mugamu stated 6 days ago, it is still Heavily under development, which means that there IS room for a change, you are appearently so hooked on the new parkour stuff that you just want to delete what i think, i tell you what though, if they can find a way to keep the new parkour 2.0, and the coptering, im all for it,heck give it to me now,just take my money, but why taking copterin out? its just a fun way to pass the time,its not ruining any gameplay, its fun fast, funny at times especially with friends,we even do copter races some times,and let me tell you, not everybody can copter so fast so easily ,you need to practice it, just a little bit, but you do, there is a way to copter faster, and slower, that's how we can race, whoever does it better is faster,and honestly its non other than efficient,it only helps surviving better and again generally having more fun, if they remove it im okay with it, i just want them to hear my opinion before the update comes out

Clearly you do not know much about coding practices to think that any proper developer would start changing the functions planned for an upcoming update on its final stages... Only fools believe that developers can change things up 'till the very last moment, and only dumbs actually do it. Even though U17 is not yet released or announced, it is indeed coming very soon (it's probably a matter of few weeks or less). Right now they're fixing and optimizing the code of the new content in order to make the update as soft as possible.

You clearly misunderstood what has been said during the devstream about "being under development" and "having still room for change". New content shall be considered as little "boxes" where each box represent a new feature. The "Parkour 2.0" box is settled. It's been worked and reworked over and over again, presented and announced many times, and it's already in the final stage so right now they're not adding or removing any feature to it. Where there's "room for change" is to know whether or not some of the new features upcoming in the future will be finalized in time to be included or not into the U17, for example the new solar map system. Even if some changes may be done now to the upcoming Parkour 2.0, it wouldn't make it for the U17 and would be released later in the new hotfixes/versions.

With that said, stop considering Warframe as a racing game. There are some futurist racing game, but Warframe is not one of those. Coptering has always been a deviant behaviour, I'm glad you had fun with it for the time being, but it'll be soon over so get over it and come back to reality : this is a shooting game, and you can't shoot much while crossing the entire map in 0.5 seconds.

coptering is faster on some weapons ofcourse, depending on how good you are with it, but some players aren't that good with coptering, ive seen many players fail to copter the distance I can cover, which is also like the person a in the first few comments above has shown a video of how much ground you can cover with it, just takes a bit skill; from parkour 2.0 they are changing the coptering system to not be able to move that far but instead they are adding easier ways for other players to travel, such as the sprint slide jump system which makes you cover a nice amount of ground in another example, it is hard to do for some people because there is a short timer at the moment you release shift for sprint and hit ctrl for sliding(unless you have the sprint on toggle, well then your good), which mogamu(a warframe youtuber) has explained this in his video that it is a bit difficult for players to do and you end up crouching instead of sliding, I must say that does happen to me time to time

Edited by shadowsoul360

yeah i do i am aware of the damage, yes, but some primary weapons like the boltor p just kicks the melee in the face and tells it is not needed for killing enemies at all

We have secondaries/melee to support us when our primaries ain't killing all of the enemies, sure you can main them, but your primary is there to do the job of killing enemies.

As much as I've used coptering and enjoyed it, I'm happy it's getting removed. The only reason I was using it was because stamina is always getting in the way of sprinting and some tileset are way too big, and since stamina is getting removed, oh well.

That thing is down right broken, you gain so much momentum that you get stuck on walls for 2 seconds even when moving in the opposite direction.

And also in my opinion, it makes the game look sloppy.

Edited by HeroPwn

OP, if you only care about warp speed that is coptering (that only certain weapons can do), then I guess the new Parkour will not impress you. It is intended to be slower than coptering, and as a tradeoff they add more control to it. Fun is subjective, and I think being more precise is more fun than warp speed. Coptering looks clunky anyway.

Nice vidz, iceyShardz.  Ignore the haters.  I got the same kind of response when I suggested butt-sliding should go.

As far as I know, coptering is not getting removed but they've said they're nerfing and standardising it.

I like coptering.  I'd like it a lot more if jump worked all the time and it didn't look so clunky (swinging a weapon shouldn't make you go faster, but slower).

I also like the look of Parkour 2.0 and how Mogamu (awesome vid) says that proper animations are going to be put in so we don't look like we're bunny hopping everywhere.

So "bullet time" is a special kind of jump that doesn't involve bullets??

Edited by Fifield

All the speed in the world is useless with out control. Don't make it sound like the current system is perfect try driving a drag racing car on a F1 circuit. Your not going to get there alive lol. This new system is slower yes but you will have more control over it. What ever DE does seems to male the game better. So let them keep doing what they have been doin. So far the game isn't getting worse you know.

i think the general idea of "slow heavy weapon makes you slower" makes sense.

Except thats not how its playing out in reality.  Things like the dual ichor, tipedo, etc are all hard hitting pwn machines with top tier dps that can run zerker builds effectively.  You are not sacrificing anything to copter, you are just limiting your weapon selection heavily.

Another issue is that coptering is a glitch, it is not an intended game mechanic and never has been.  The community has taken it and ran with it but the most notable issue with coptering as a system issue is that it limits melee weapon design options.  If you give single daggers good attack speeds (like the ceramic dagger) you have an insane copter weapon, so instead you wind up with daggers like the Kayerst with its Hammer like attack speed.  

The Dragon Nikana is a great weapon, it has great damage solid secondary stats, and it looks great with multiple nice stances.  It has a high mastery rating requirement combined with a decently steep build path requiring clan tech, a weapon upgrade, argon crystals, etc.  Yet even though I like the weapon a lot I would never use it in a serious game mode like a raid or high tier void mission because the mobility of coptering is just so eclipsing it makes using the weapon pointless.  

Certainly I CAN run around with a Jat Kittag for fun, and it is fun.  Though its not effective and I'd be handicapping myself and I'd usually only use it as part of a melee only run.  

By removing coptering they are opening up design space to create good faster melee weapons without issues associated with becoming defacto coptering gods or coptering too hard that they bug out and clip people through walls consistently.  They are opening up in general better more consistent movement options that isn't tied down to a melee weapon and making the melee weapon you use a choice instead of use a Tipedo or use a Tipedo if you are "power gaming".  

I'll miss coptering, but at the same time I'm excited at the prospect of bringing and slower melee weapon (slower doesn't mean lighter/heavier a Tipedo would be heavier than a Nikana by a lot) while still being able to keep up with my team.  I'm excited at the prospect of double jumps, air hang time, wall grabs, opening up the maps in some interesting ways and possibly leading to some new interesting vertically focused tile sets.   

• 2 weeks later...

the new parkour is awesome, i was wrong :D, its decently fast, and with the new parkour mods (im using ice spring) it feels fluid and awesome, and i still have a way to make me fly pretty fast and almost as fast as the old parkour, so im satisfied :D