Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Movement Speed And Enemy Accuracy

Bipp

So as most of you should know enemy accuracy has transitioned through 3 phases. First enemies "Aimed like stormtroopers" to quote DE in some patch notes a while back. This fudged up everything to the point where enemies would literally aimbot the host. Took DE a while to actually recognise the issue and then 'fix' it. And that's the problem.

In the patch notes where they fixed the host aimbot, they released some graphs detailing the accuracy changes. The main points they made were:

-Enemy Accuracy would increase/decrease depending on the range between them and their target. This made enemies such as the Ballista perform as well as they should at longer ranges but perform poorly at close range ('cause they can't hit those quickscopes innit). 

-Enemy Accuracy would decrease depending on the speed you're travelling and maneuvers you're performing.

From what I've seen, the range-to-accuracy changes are fine. The problem, and the reason I've started this thread, is because the speed-to-accuracy changes seem virtually non-existent.

Just now I 'coptered across a fairly large grineer room (the one with that giant orange orb thing floating at one end) with my Tipedo with Berserker stacked to the max. I went from one side to the other in under a second so it's pretty clear that I was moving at a neck-breaking speed. There was also a little Ballista hiding somewhere.

So I coptered across at 2.73 Tipedos per hour (2.73 attack speed if I got the calculation right (I hope I did)) and guess what landed a shot on me. The Ballista. Clearly for this to happen the speed-to-accuracy changes just aren't working as they should. It is also worth noting that rolling, side and backflipping reduce enemy accuracy by such a small amount (and even then only at the very beginning of the anim') they might as well not reduce accuracy. But on the flipside, rolling reduces damage by a very decent amount.

If you're running around while under the effects of Volt's Speed you'll get hit just the same as if you weren't.

Posting because I'd like confirmation from other Tenoo.

Will provide vidya and/or 'jifs' as proofs when I can make them. 

We gotta get this game to git evn guddr!!1!1!!

EDIT: Let's not even get started on Ancients and Scorpions with their mlg level aim.

Edited by Keybopsef

Parkour 2.0 teaser vines have shown Grineer missing every shot on a parkour 2.0-ing Tenno that wasn't moving that fast. When parkour 2.0 hits, this issue should be massively improved.

I certainly hope so. All I guess I can do for now is wait for feedback from others to see if this is a universal issue.

Seeing as you're the first, I ask if you can confirm anything in my original post.

I certainly hope so. All I guess I can do for now is wait for feedback from others to see if this is a universal issue.

Seeing as you're the first, I ask if you can confirm anything in my original post.

I can definitely confirm that this is a real problem. The only time I really notice a difference in the damage I'm taking is while I'm Tail Winding, the highest speed achievable outside of Archwing.

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

So far, haven't noticed any change. Didn't feel like movement affected the accuracy.

Maybe it does affect it, but it's not really noticeable.

And I'm constantly on the move.

The only thing that drastically affects the accuracy, is whether or not you're the host.

When I'm the host, all enemies are aimbotting. It's like Mag used Bullet Attractor on me.

If I'm not the host, not a single bullet lands on me while I'm spinning and winning.

So far, haven't noticed any change. Didn't feel like movement affected the accuracy.

Maybe it does affect it, but it's not really noticeable.

And I'm constantly on the move.

The only thing that drastically affects the accuracy, is whether or not you're the host.

When I'm the host, all enemies are aimbotting. It's like Mag used Bullet Attractor on me.

If I'm not the host, not a single bullet lands on me while I'm spinning and winning.

Sweet mother of Lotus that's a lot of coptering.

I think you are correct speed doesn't affect accuracy at all...
When I run my volt and Im the host, they don't miss a shot... Volt speed seems to make it even worst, it seems their fire rate increse, wich I doubt, it's only the aimbot, those shots that they should miss because of your speed,connect anyway.

It's because it's not speed based. It's a stance check. If you're running enemy gets reduced accuracy, no matter your speed. Not sure if there's a accuracy reduction for being in the air.

The point is in the patch notes they released when they finally fixed enemies aimbotting hosts they said that enemy accuracy would be lowered depending on how fast you're traveling and maneuvers you're performing but this clearly isn't the case and has remained so for too damn long. I said this in the original post.

I'll also find the posts containing this information and include them in the original post.

Edited by Keybopsef

It's because it's not speed based. It's a stance check. If you're running enemy gets reduced accuracy, no matter your speed. Not sure if there's a accuracy reduction for being in the air.

Original post about enemy accuracy after DE made their initial changes.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/381733-hosting-causes-drastic-increase-of-enemy-accuracy-please-read-de/

will edit in the Dev workshop post about accurcay.

EDIT: Here it is.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/395422-npc-accuracy/

Edited by Keybopsef

Parkour 2.0 teaser vines have shown Grineer missing every shot on a parkour 2.0-ing Tenno that wasn't moving that fast. When parkour 2.0 hits, this issue should be massively improved.

Don't think we saw the level of those enemies. DE could very well have been demonstrating against low level, who have hilariously bad accuracy anyway.

Don't think we saw the level of those enemies. DE could very well have been demonstrating against low level, who have hilariously bad accuracy anyway.

Enemy accuracy scales with level now? This wasn't included in those patch notes all those years (jk lol) ago.

I can agree with the arguments made in the OP.

Hoping for Parkour 2.0.

DE,.... we absolutly HATED the scorpions, and what did ya go and do?

gave ALL Aincients a hook too,...

Holding ma breath, and awaiting the arrival of the Sentients,...

(could be real exiting, could be real bad for WF)

I agree, the speed thing seems iffy. I play mirage often and with her, I'm always sliding, jumping, running, or tonbo'ing across a room so I can avoid being hit since she's squishy and fast to boot. Leave it to some random enemy to hit me in the middle of transitioning to the speed of light while flying across a room. I've noticed recently that ancients are pretty ridiculous as well where they can aimbot their grapple line while you're out of their line of sight sometimes or moving fast.

I agree, the speed thing seems iffy. I play mirage often and with her, I'm always sliding, jumping, running, or tonbo'ing across a room so I can avoid being hit since she's squishy and fast to boot. Leave it to some random enemy to hit me in the middle of transitioning to the speed of light while flying across a room. I've noticed recently that ancients are pretty ridiculous as well where they can aimbot their grapple line while you're out of their line of sight sometimes or moving fast.

You know if you think about it DE did a pretty good job with aimbotting for enemies with weapons that have travel time. It's still bad but the level they put it for projectile leading is pretty impressive (maybe not. I have no idea when it comes to programming an accuracy algorithm). 

You know if you think about it DE did a pretty good job with aimbotting for enemies with weapons that have travel time. It's still bad but the level they put it for projectile leading is pretty impressive (maybe not. I have no idea when it comes to programming an accuracy algorithm). 

It's definitely a good job, I don't mind travel time projectiles. Though sometimes you get those funny situations where they snag you when you're behind them or through a wall haha. Though I think that's just bugs being bugs.