Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is The Worst Level In Halo 3

AdunSaveMe

Is that the flood infested ship level? because if it is I free ran it, killed next to no flood. And NO ONE TOLD ME YOU HAD TO BREAK THE FLOOD AFTER KILLING THEM TO STOP THEM REANIMATING...

I thought it was common sense to obliterate any zombie.

Unless you're playing the Cortana level

Or half the other flood levels that drop maybe one or two shotguns the entire time

What shotgun. I use dual smgs or a battle rifle.

Edited by Iceski13

Bravo to you. I gave up on the thought of legendary after I spent two weeks on the heroic campaign.

I'd try it, but I can't be bothered. No joy to get out of it for me.

lol wow, you've never played reach then.

"Guy has a different opinion on a game? HE MUST NOT HAVE PLAYED IT" -you

ew no

2 was better

What shotgun. I use dual smgs or a battle rifle.

That's nice dear, but I was responding to the guy who talked about shotguns

Edited by AdunSaveMe

It's good, but CE > all the rest

CE hahahahahahaha OMG CE was trash. Ships phasing through the ground, terribad AI, next to no weapons, next to no vehicles in campaign, indestructable vehicles, boring story (on par with destiny), no animation for throwing a grenade and moving at the same time (your legs stay still and you slide), the list goes on.

Unless you're playing the Cortana level

Or half the other flood levels that drop maybe one or two shotguns the entire time

I was referring to meeting the Flood, for the very first time, in CE.

ew no

Dead people can't talk.

lol wow, you've never played reach then.

You are oh so very wrong.

CE hahahahahahaha OMG CE was trash. Ships phasing through the ground, terribad AI, next to no weapons, next to no vehicles in campaign, indestructable vehicles, boring story (on par with destiny), no animation for throwing a grenade and moving at the same time (your legs stay still and you slide), the list goes on.

lol CE's story was the best in the saga. CE is OG, and the best of it all.

How about when they redid it with the programming skills used in Halo 4.

Halo 3 was awesome. my first halo game and made me fall in love with it. God the countless nights of custom zombie games, the rage of competitive multiplayer, the inconsistent capitalization to have edgy names like

Xx iTz GaMeMaStUr xX, the vidmasters, story, goodbyes, friends made. ahh man what a nostalgia trip. what was the question again?

"Guy has a different opinion on a game? HE MUST NOT HAVE PLAYED IT" -you

For someone to trash a game that had better AI, better map editor, better and more gamemodes and multiplayer, better story and campaign in general, more customisation, and in general more and better of everything than any other game in the series (because H4 cut out a metric ****ton of content). Simply because he couldn't play as the master chief is as good a reason as any to call someone out on a comment like that.

How about when they redid it with the programming skills used in Halo 4.

They only fixed the visuals and added skulls, campaign was still boring and AI were not improved.

For someone to trash a game that had better AI, better map editor, better and more gamemodes and multiplayer, better story and campaign in general, more customisation, and in general more and better of everything than any other game in the series (because H4 cut out a metric ****ton of content). Simply because he couldn't play as the master chief is as good a reason as any to call someone out on a comment like that.

They only fixed the visuals and added skulls, campaign was still boring and AI were not improved.

I've put more hours of my life into Halo than you could ever hope to. Yes, Reach had more customization, that you had to pay for, more gamemodes, with sh*tty armor abilities, but story? Lol no, generic writing throughout, hands down the 2nd worst story of Halo.

The fact that you call CE's campaign "boring" baffles me.

Edited by (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly

Opinions, opinions and opinions. Plus, the game practically rewrote the story established by the book, The Fall of Reach, which was accepted as canon until they decided otherwise for no particular reason, replacing a decent story that happened in a short timespan to a slightly worse story that lasted a month, killing off characters before we're given cause to care about them.

Opinions, opinions and opinions. Plus, the game practically rewrote the story established by the book, The Fall of Reach, which was accepted as canon until they decided otherwise for no particular reason, replacing a decent story that happened in a short timespan to a slightly worse story that lasted a month, killing off characters before we're given cause to care about them.

It was Bungie's last attempt at milking money from the name 'Halo'. Same with ODST, except ODST was damn good.

Funny because your own statement is also all opinions, and bungie explicitly stated "the games are canon, the books are not"

lol CE's story was the best in the saga. CE is OG, and the best of it all.

Lol wow. Blinded by nostalgia.

It was Bungie's last attempt at milking money from the name 'Halo'. Same with ODST, except ODST was damn good.

And now that Bungie no longer exists, all the cool people buggered off, and they're stuck making Destiny. 343 might have screwed up a bit with Halo 4, but it's only going to go up from here. I just hope they stick to the idea of a trilogy and don't go any further.

"Guy has a different opinion on a game? MUST BE BLINDED BY NOSTALGIA" -you

No, I see clearly, the game that is the reason FPS games exist, the reason Xbox exists, the reason I am a gamer.

And now that Bungie no longer exists, all the cool people buggered off, and they're stuck making Destiny. 343 might have screwed up a bit with Halo 4, but it's only going to go up from here. I just hope they stick to the idea of a trilogy and don't go any further.

Bungie still exists, they just make garbage games now, I'm glad Microsoft took Halo away from them. 

343 looks to be doing some redeeming with Halo 5, the only way they truly can be redeemed, is by bringing back Cortana, I don't care how it happens, it just needs to happen.

343 looks to be doing some redeeming with Halo 5, the only way they truly can be redeemed, is by bringing back Cortana, I don't care how it happens, it just needs to happen.

Indeed. As much as people hate on things like sprinting and armour abilities (both of which are evolutions of what Bungie started, so ha) I don't doubt that they can pull something off. Instead of rehashing, they're evolving. Plus, it's always nice to hear Nathan Fillion in a game, and having a Master Chief game that doesn't put him alone in the spotlight feels refreshing.

I played a bit of the multiplayer beta and it is fantastic.

I just hope they get rid of all the "hold x to advance plot" and make it a little more raw like the older games.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

I've put more hours of my life into Halo than you could ever hope to. Yes, Reach had more customization, that you had to pay for, more gamemodes, with sh*tty armor abilities, but story? Lol no, generic writing throughout, hands down the 2nd worst story of Halo.

The fact that you call CE's campaign "boring" baffles me.

You paid for content in reach by earning XP. Not that hard to do. Also are you really one of those petty children that cried because of armour abilities? Armour abilities leveled the playing field, and if they weren't wanted why are they in 4, and 5 as well?

CEs campaign is boring because it's: go here, kill this, cutscene, continue.

Halo 2 made an interweaving story, the best MC story accepted by a vast majority of halo fans.

Halo 3 didn't really add anything new and fed off of halo 2's success.

Halo reach had large open world for you in campaign, it was a step away from the usual corridor shooter that halo had become, the only other game to have this was ODST.

Halo 4 was an incredible failure, going back to a corridor shooter, removing a tonne of tools and area to forge in, removing a lot of favourite gamemodes.

"Guy has a different opinion on a game? MUST BE BLINDED BY NOSTALGIA" -you

I haven't been a part of this conversation in a while, better put my opinion in in case someone actually cares what I have to say - you

I haven't been a part of this conversation in a while, better put my opinion in in case someone actually cares what I have to say - you

You're passing his opinions off as nostalgia instead of accepting it as just an opinion.

You're not doing yourself any favours here.

In case you forgot, I started the thread, and I've been commenting on it the entire time.

No, I see clearly, the game that is the reason FPS games exist, the reason Xbox exists, the reason I am a gamer.

Bungie still exists, they just make garbage games now, I'm glad Microsoft took Halo away from them. 

Ahh no. Halo 2 was the reason Xbox exists. and you fail to remember that halo was only Xbox's reigning FPS. PC had Half life, and PS had killzone.

And bungie didn't have halo taken from them. Bungie sold the rights to microsoft, they knew the series was at an end, and they finished it with the best halo of all time. With the amount of removed content with 5 I can hardly see it being any more of a success than 4. You'd think 343 would learn from there mistakes, but no.

You're passing his opinions off as nostalgia instead of accepting it as just an opinion.

You're not doing yourself any favours here.

In case you forgot, I started the thread, and I've been commenting on it the entire time.

No one has forgotten. I was speaking with someone else, but you had to fell left out and put your opinions in anyway.

Facts are facts, you can't make a claim that an older game is better because it was the first one you played, you have to back it up with examples otherwise your claim falls flat.

Indeed. As much as people hate on things like sprinting and armour abilities (both of which are evolutions of what Bungie started, so ha) I don't doubt that they can pull something off. Instead of rehashing, they're evolving. Plus, it's always nice to hear Nathan Fillion in a game, and having a Master Chief game that doesn't put him alone in the spotlight feels refreshing.

I played a bit of the multiplayer beta and it is fantastic.

I just hope they get rid of all the "hold x to advance plot" and make it a little more raw like the older games.

I don't mind sprinting, but I'm happy as hell armor abilities are gone in Halo 5.

I had a bad experience with it, my enemies were hardcore no-lifes, my overall was like... I don't know, 0.30, plus I'm too old for this new Spartan program :P

You paid for content in reach by earning XP. Not that hard to do. Also are you really one of those petty children that cried because of armour abilities? Armour abilities leveled the playing field, and if they weren't wanted why are they in 4, and 5 as well?

CEs campaign is boring because it's: go here, kill this, cutscene, continue.

Halo 2 made an interweaving story, the best MC story accepted by a vast majority of halo fans.

Halo 3 didn't really add anything new and fed off of halo 2's success.

Halo reach had large open world for you in campaign, it was a step away from the usual corridor shooter that halo had become, the only other game to have this was ODST.

Halo 4 was an incredible failure, going back to a corridor shooter, removing a tonne of tools and area to forge in, removing a lot of favourite gamemodes.

Credits were a terrible idea, and you know it. Armor abilities killed what Halo was meant to be.

CE's campaign was amazing. The best MC story, by far.

Halo 2 was good, I like playing as the Arbiter.

3 was Halo 2, part 2. Anyone that liked Halo 2, should by default like Halo 3.

Yeah, Reach had bigger maps, but the story was trash.

Halo 4 was a disappointing, but 343 is learning from their mistakes, exhibit A: no more armor abilities.

Ahh no. Halo 2 was the reason Xbox exists. and you fail to remember that halo was only Xbox's reigning FPS. PC had Half life, and PS had killzone.

And bungie didn't have halo taken from them. Bungie sold the rights to microsoft, they knew the series was at an end, and they finished it with the best halo of all time. With the amount of removed content with 5 I can hardly see it being any more of a success than 4. You'd think 343 would learn from there mistakes, but no.

No. Halo CE is the reason FPS flourished. 2 wouldn't exist if CE failed. CE was a massive success, and that's why FPS still exist.

Microsoft absorbed the title of Halo when they bought out Bungie in 1999 or 2000. They had disagreements, and the contract was cut-short, but then extended so Bungie could make Microsoft some more money, when Bungie was practically forced to hand down the reigns, they left with the worst Halo ever made.

No one has forgotten. I was speaking with someone else, but you had to fell left out and put your opinions in anyway.

Facts are facts, you can't make a claim that an older game is better because it was the first one you played, you have to back it up with examples otherwise your claim falls flat.

I didn't feel left out. I felt you were saying something silly, and I had every right to respond. It's still a thread I made, on a public forum. You can keep being upset about it all you want, but you're still not doing yourself any favours.

Him claiming the older game is better is an opinion. Plain and simple. You saying "you must be blinded by nostalgia" or "you must not have played it" isn't exactly giving evidence against his opinion, you know.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

It's not the best because it's the first one I played. It's the best because it IS the best.