Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is The Worst Level In Halo 3

AdunSaveMe

CE had four in a row, except there were Covvies mixed in. Made hella fun.

ugh, and that one in Halo 2 with the vehicles. Quarantine Zone, I think. Absolutely despicable.

I'm pretty sure Halo 3 tripled the amount of infection forms though.

I bet the original title was Halo: 3 Times the Amount of Evil Popcorn

Edited by AdunSaveMe

ugh, and that one in Halo 2 with the vehicles. Quarantine Zone, I think. Absolutely despicable.

I'm pretty sure Halo 3 tripled the amount of infection forms though.

Yeah, that one. It was physically painful on Legendary. All of Halo 2 was, for that matter.

Yeah, but Halo 3 had the easiest Legendary campaign.

Edited by (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly

Ahh no. Halo 2 was the reason Xbox exists. and you fail to remember that halo was only Xbox's reigning FPS. PC had Half life, and PS had killzone.

And bungie didn't have halo taken from them. Bungie sold the rights to microsoft, they knew the series was at an end, and they finished it with the best halo of all time. With the amount of removed content with 5 I can hardly see it being any more of a success than 4. You'd think 343 would learn from there mistakes, but no.

Halo 1 came 3 years before Killzone. Halo: CE is what popularized and brought FPS to consoles- it was leaps ahead of it's time in both the FPS and sci-fi genre it stood with.

Couldn't agree more. Bungie was smart and ended the series proper with a bang- a BIG one. I wasn't a fan of Reach's forge mode taking away most of the "moving parts" of it all but other than that it was a masterpiece. Halo 4 was a giant let down, and ofc 343 wouldn't learn from their mistakes, they bought Halo so they could milk it for the cash cow it's become in their hands. The #1 thing I hated was how "on the rails" "keep moving or lose" and "press x to win" it was. To them it seemed more to be about showing off the fancy graphics and being like "LOOK IT'S HALO HD!" than focusing on what made Halo great. Hopefully Halo 5 will at least partially redeem it, but I have a feeling looking at trailers and such that it's just going to make things even worse...

To them it seemed more to be about showing off the fancy graphics and being like "LOOK IT'S HALO HD!" than focusing on what made Halo great.

You're forgetting a lot of 343 has people from Bungie as well as old Pandemic.

They worked alongside Bungie for a bit and even made that rad Halo Legends thing.

I think they tried, but they just didn't get it right.

And how could they have learned from their mistakes if Halo 4 was their first console game?

I'd say they're learning from their mistakes by removing armour abilities and bringing back descoping.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Credits were a terrible idea, and you know it. Armor abilities killed what Halo was meant to be.

CE's campaign was amazing. The best MC story, by far.

Halo 2 was good, I like playing as the Arbiter.

3 was Halo 2, part 2. Anyone that liked Halo 2, should by default like Halo 3.

Yeah, Reach had bigger maps, but the story was trash.

Halo 4 was a disappointing, but 343 is learning from their mistakes, exhibit A: no more armor abilities.

No. Halo CE is the reason FPS flourished. 2 wouldn't exist if CE failed. CE was a massive success, and that's why FPS still exist.

Microsoft absorbed the title of Halo when they bought out Bungie in 1999 or 2000. They had disagreements, and the contract was cut-short, but then extended so Bungie could make Microsoft some more money, when Bungie was practically forced to hand down the reigns, they left with the worst Halo ever made.

Credits were fine, it meant you worked for what you wanted.

Halo 3 was in no way Halo 2 part 2, different AI, weapons, and the story was simply a wrap up, nothing to it.

Halo reach had a better story than 1 and 3.

Last time I checked Halo 5 still had armour abilities.

Halo CE was played for multiplayer as it was the only FPS on Xbox at the time with vehicles, splitscreen, and LAN (system link if you want to get technical) - last two are gone from halo 5, LAN isn't in MCC either.

Halo 2 cemented Halos franchise as Xbox's flagship FPS.

Microsoft bought bungie out after CE, Bungie bought itself back out after 3. Microsoft never owned the rights to Halo directly (they did indirectly when they owned Bungie) until Bungie sold it to them to move on full time with Destiny.

Bungie moved on from Halo because they wanted to make a new IP, they wanted to make something new and innovative (don't know where that went with Destiny but whatever), and that making a new IP meant they could implement things into it that they could not put into Halo without breaking the formula.

Halo reach was Bungies best Halo title, they put in all the best parts of previous halos. Some people (you for example) don't like reach because of these reasons:

No master chief (aside from in the cryopod), armour abilities (a necessary item to make a level playing field, equipment was a one sided option that is as bad as killstreaks in CoD), didn't follow a traditional overbloated hero story, was a squad based shooter with the story centered around the squad and defending a falling planet.

And how could they have learned from their mistakes if Halo 4 was their first console game?

CE: Anniversary was actually their first, but that was just upping the graphics, and adding skulls and Terminals to the best Halo in series.

CE: Anniversary was actually their first, but that was just upping the graphics, and adding skulls and Terminals to the best Halo in series.

Indeed. So it wasn't quite a game. More like a remake of a game.

They didn't do things like design the missions or write the story.

Halo 1 came 3 years before Killzone. Halo: CE is what popularized and brought FPS to consoles- it was leaps ahead of it's time in both the FPS and sci-fi genre it stood with.

-snip-

Timesplitters was out long before halo, and had almost everything Halo has and more (no vehicles until FP).

That's actually wrong. The game was outsourced. 343 only worked on the multiplayer merger with Reach's multiplayer. 343 only oversaw the development of CEA

You're forgetting a lot of 343 has people from Bungie as well as old Pandemic.

They worked alongside Bungie for a bit and even made that rad Halo Legends thing.

I'd say they're learning from their mistakes by removing armour abilities and bringing back descoping.

1. No I didn't forget- that's why they had no excuse to screw Halo 4 up so badly. They VERY CLEARLY did not listen to any Bungie input whatsoever- Bungie would not let them have butcher something their fans loved so much.

2. I own Halo Legends. I was not impressed- but some of the stories were pretty nice.

3. I think they tried... to showboat and milk Halo 4 as much as possible for as little effort as possible to test and see just how much the fans are willing to hold on and accept being fed garbage rather than the banquet they're used to until they rage quit 343.

4. They are supposed to learn from Halo 4's mistakes- and make Halo 5 something I can be proud to call myself a fan of and redeem themselves.

5. I kinda liked armor abilities really- it gave you a way to think tactically rather than frantically run around or pray for a random super drop to save you. It also let you work towards your preferred playstyle. (not being able to sprint was a core element in halo IMO, but I don't mind the addition as an "always available" thing rather than an armor ability)

6. What is "Descoping".

7. You know what I want? I want dual wielding again...

6. What is "Descoping".

Descoping is that thing where if you're zoomed with something like a carbine or magnum and you get hit, it'll zoom back out. It wasn't present in Halo 4 (at least not with forerunner weapons) which changed quite a lot about how people played.

You could say descoping is a core element. It certainly has its uses, and it's nice to have it imo

-gigasnip-

Halo reach was Bungies best Halo title, they put in all the best parts of previous halos. Some people (you for example) don't like reach because of these reasons:

No master chief (aside from in the cryopod), armour abilities (a necessary item to make a level playing field, equipment was a one sided option that is as bad as killstreaks in CoD), didn't follow a traditional overbloated hero story, was a squad based shooter with the story centered around the squad and defending a falling planet.

You had to level up, and work for aesthetics. Fortunately, I didn't have a life back then, so I could get what I wanted, after hundreds of hours.

lol k, whatever pulls your hair back.

Your opinion is wrong.

Check again, it doesn't.

Really? 'cause I played it for single player.

Nope, that was CE.

That's beside the point.

No, CE was, and is the best. I didn't mind playing as not-Chief, a character, whom for the sake of gameplay reasons, is the only other with the stats and skill of the Chief. There are no "level playing fields" when everybody is a super soldier. Armor abilities reduce the balance. "You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Reach: PC dies. Halo 5: Chief is a labelled  a traitor. If any Halo is an "over-bloated hero story", it's Reach A squad based shooter with the most un-coordinated team in the history of gaming.

A squad with horrid AI, seriously, the only one worth a damn was Kat. Jun didn't move, and rarely fired a shot, Emile cross map'd with a shotgun, Carter shot walls, Jorge would fire three shots, then wait 5 seconds to shoot again. Kat got results.

You claim it's the best yet cannot give a single example as to why. Funny.

I don't need to.

Timesplitters was out long before halo, and had almost everything Halo has and more (no vehicles until FP).

Is that why I've never heard of it?

That's actually wrong. The game was outsourced. 343 only worked on the multiplayer merger with Reach's multiplayer. 343 only oversaw the development of CEA

Those are some strong drugs.

A squad with horrid AI, seriously, the only one worth a damn was Kat. Jun didn't move, and rarely fired a shot, Emile cross map'd with a shotgun, Carter shot walls, Jorge would fire three shots, then wait 5 seconds to shoot again. Kat got results.

I'm hoping they go Republic Commando style with Halo 5. There's a lot of potential there.

Just as long as it isn't as dodgy as Reach was sometimes.

I'm hoping they go Republic Commando style with Halo 5. There's a lot of potential there.

Just as long as it isn't as dodgy as Reach was sometimes.

It looks like it should be solid, you can give the NPCs commands and whatnot. But the down-but-not-out thing feels like a ripoff of Gears.

Those are some strong drugs.

He's actually right. The remastering of the Halo games was done by Saber Interactive, the Halo 2 cutscenes done by Blur, and the ports done by Ruffian Games. Bungie outsourced to Hired Gun and Gearbox with ports, but since 343i simply wasn't big enough to do all the work on MCC, they outsourced a bit more than usual, and it ended up as a mess because of it.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

But the down-but-not-out thing feels like a ripoff of Gears.

It wouldn't be the first time you could revive and get revived, and I'm not sure I like it. Obviously it'd be hard to have crucial story members just outright die, but if you yourself can be revived, it takes a lot of the risk out of playing solo.

He's actually right. The remastering of the Halo games was done by Saber Interactive, the Halo 2 cutscenes done by Blur, and the ports done by Ruffian Games. Bungie outsourced the Hired Gun and Gearbox with ports, but since 343i simply wasn't big enough to do all the work on MCC, they outsourced a bit more than usual, and it ended up as a mess because of it.

lol I love how none of the other companies got credit xD when you boot it up, 343i and Microsoft studios are the only credits hahaha.

It wouldn't be the first time you could revive and get revived, and I'm not sure I like it. Obviously it'd be hard to have crucial story members just outright die, but if you yourself can be revived, it takes a lot of the risk out of playing solo.

Which makes me worry that Legendary will be worse than Halo 2's.

lol I love how none of the other companies got credit xD when you boot it up, 343i and Microsoft studios are the only credits hahaha.

Which makes me worry that Legendary will be worse than Halo 2's.

Pretty sure some of em get credits in the credits, but companies responsible for things like ports often don't get credited.

You had to level up, and work for aesthetics. Fortunately, I didn't have a life back then, so I could get what I wanted, after hundreds of hours.

-snip-

Cosmetics were tied to achievements in H1,2,3. Not work.

My opinion has facts to back it up, yours is wrong.

You would have to be the only person who ever played an FPS solely for SP

Halo CE was never as popular as Halo 2. Fact.

There is always level playing fields when everyone has access to the same weapons and gear. Inbalance is achieved by adding a team only bonus, power weapons were the only inbalancing factor in Reach, and they have been in every single Halo to date.

Halo has always been notorious for having bad AI. Halo CE had enemies trying to walk through and shoot through walls, halo 2 had suicidal enemies that walked off the map, halo 3 AI were never allowed to drive. And so on, so point invalid, AI is no better in 4.