Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mission Type - Onslaught

binaryGod

As someone who racks 800+ kills in most endless mission types, I often feel as if my ferocity on the battlefield is not rewarded.  Thus, I devised a variety of options that could reward players who are relentless in their desire to protect the Origin System.

1. Onslaught

A new endless mission type in which players are rewarded primarily based on total kills, with the sole objective being to remove the scourge of the various factions   There are several ways in which this could be achieved utilizing various existing mechanics.

Maps:

A. Existing Defense maps would force players to always remain in the fray, but would also have players abusing Saryn or Mesa to generate kills.

B. Existing Survival maps would prevent the overuse of frame powers, but would also allow players to escape from enemies, slowing gameplay.

C. A new arena-type map that would use various traps to keep players from remaining stationary for long

periods of time (permitting moderate-use of powers) and large enough to be able to escape mobs, while still keeping a fast pace. 

Score System:

A. Waves.  Instead of five waves per rotation, there would be one wave per rotation.  One intense, glorious extended wave.

B. Kills.  Enemies would come in a constant stream and rotations would rely on kills (the amount should vary on group size; 100-300 enemies per member).

Bosses: 

In the 'C' rotation, players should be pitted against either

A. A slightly weaker version of the planet's assassination target (less cryo tubes for Kril, slower flying Vay Hek, etc.).

B. A mini-boss like the Lynx or Sprag and Ven'kra Tel.  

2. Kill Bonuses

An addition to current endless missions in which either

A. The player with the highest amount of kills receives an extra item at extraction.

B. All players who kill over a certain number of enemies receive an extra item at extraction.

C. Every "x" amount of kills rewards the group with another item.

D. Higher number of kills results in slightly increased rare drops, which would provide merit to staying longer in survival missions.

Thank you for reading and feel free to make suggestions!

I myself have wanted something like this for awhile, but i find it would just promote 'p4tw' 

That's why i would prefer a new arena that had things that would drain energy or increase thePpower Nullifier spawn rate